YeWook's Story

University Together

"...Lee Bo Young, Kim Jong Woon, Park Jae Min... *a whole lot of names later* Please report to the principal's office immediately. I repeat---"

RyeoWook's P.O.V (Abc)

Eh? Isn't that Sunggie? Why was he called by the Principal?

Normal P.O.V (Abc)

RyeoWook wanted to ponder some more but the teacher continued the lesson, so he decided to pay attention to his teacher instead.


YeSung walked up to the third floor where the Principal's office was located. He greeted the small amount of students who were present. Everyone stood outside the office, keeping quiet as they didn't know what they did wrong. YeSung looked around and walked to KyuHyun, the genius who was also in his singing club. KyuHyun is known in the school not only for skipping two grades in one go, but for his beautiful voice as well.

They chatted, keeping their voices soft. KyuHyun was just boasting about his new-found crush, SungMin, when the principal's door swung open and the school's secretary smiled at the students gathered in front of the office.

"Please come in, the Principal is waiting for you."


"Good morning, students. I'm sure you have realized that every student present here today are only the students who achieved satisfying grades for the final year examinations last year. Due to your abilities, I have decided to enroll you into the universities you chose. I personally spoke to all the directors of the universities, and they have agreed to receive you as their student(s)ersity. Here is your acceptance letter. Hand this to the teachers from your preferred universities and they will give you a briefing. Also keep in mind that---"

At that point, YeSung had stopped listening. He felt blessed and wanted to tell his best friend, RyeoWook, about the good news as soon as possible. Surely, RyeoWook would be happy to hear that he got into the university of his dreams. YeSung was supposed to be happy, and his mind was supposed to be clouded with a to-do list, but he found himself thinking about RyeoWook instead.

YeSung's P.O.V(Abc)

Whoa...to think I actually got into SM university! I have to go tell RyeoWook! Thinking about RyeoWook, he hasn't told me anything regarding this yet. Did he receive a personal acceptance letter already? Oh, I really hope we can enter the same university together! I don't want us to part at all...Haha. Now I'm acting like I'm in love with him or something.

Wait. Love? I'm...I'm not in love with my best friend, right? Nono...that can't be it. I mean, RyeoWookie's a good cook, he has fantastic grades and he's nice and all...Heck, he even has a beautiful voice. But, there's no way I can be in love with him. Especially cause he's a guy! Yup, we're just best friends, nothing more. Oh please, even if I'm in love, please don't let me realize it. I don't want to destroy our friendship...

YeSung stopped muttering to himself when he got slapped at the back. "Ouch!" He turned around to be greeted by a group of smiling faces. He smiled back at the members of his singing club. LeeTeuk, the main promoter of YeSung's singing club, was the first to ask: "Sunggie, why were you called to the office?" YeSung opened his mouth to answer, but he was interrupted by a sulking KyuHyun. "So you only care about YeSung hyung? What about meeee?" 

LeeTeuk laughed and ruffled Kyuhyun's dyed-brown hair. "Of course I care about you, silly. I just asked YeSung because I figured you wouldn't answer me." KyuHyun smirked at this and nodded happily, accepting his hyung's apology. Everyone now turned to YeSung and he decided to spill the beans. "I. AM. GONNA. ENROLL. INTO. SM UNI!!!!"

The whole singing club (except RyeoWook) rejoiced happily. Oh, where's RyeoWook, you ask? Well, he is currently eavesdropping from behind a wall. RyeoWook actually went to search for YeSung as soon as the bell rang, but he ended up getting lost. When he was going down the stairs, he heard his best friend's voice so he turned back.

Unfortunately, that was exactly when YeSung decided to scream the good news to his fellow club members. 

"I can't believe you got in, hyung!" KangIn hugged YeSung like a koala bear, almost knocking YeSung down.Even from afar, RyeoWook could hear LeeTeuk scolding his boyfriend angrily.


"Got in? What does he mean? So the announcement...?" RW mumbled to himself. He hid himself properly and listened carefully. "I'd never thought that the university would accept someone with grades as bad as you," KyuHyun stated with a smile that he couldn't hide. YeSung simply beamed at his second youngest teammate.

RyeoWook felt heartbroken when he realized he wasn't called to principal's office, which indirectly means that he wasn't accepted to SM Uni. Honestly, he wasn't sad because he wasn't accepted, since it was only January and he could always sign up for other universities.

He...He was sad because he couldn't be with his long-time crush. That's right. He has been in love with his best friend ever since they met in the singing club.


Later in the cafeteria, RyeoWook joined the club's table silently, trying to pretend that he did not eavesdrop on his teammates earlier. YeSung who used the toilet came back and ruffled RyeoWook's hair and relayed the good news. RyeoWook smiled sadly and YeSung's shining smile faltered.

RyeoWook stood up suddenly, quickly escaping to the singing club's studio (The school gave the dancing and singing club a studio to share and practice in, since they increased the school's popularity by 55%, and this percentage steadily increases every year during annual competitions).

YeSung stood in utter shock, eyes wide open like a cat at night. The other club members stared at the scene, just as confused as their leader.

At that time, Eunhyuk and DongHae were dancing in the studio when RyeoWook dashed in, crying. Even without knowing anything, they managed to comfort him and made sure he stopped crying. 

Few minutes later, YeSung, with the rest of the club trailing behind him, came bursting into the studio. YeSung dragged RyeoWook to a corner as the others followed their leader's instructions to start practice.

YeSung asked if his best friend was okay and this enabled the latter to expose everything. Of course, he deliberately left out the part about him being in love.

After patiently listening, YeSung smiled and brought his best friend to the Principal's office. With RyeoWook's grades, there is no way that he wouldn't be accepted. The secretary let them in and they discussed about the situation with him. The Principal looked through his messy table and after 30 minutes of digging (with YeWook's help), they finally found RyeoWook's forgotten acceptance letter.

RyeoWook jumped and hugged YeSung in complete happiness. The latter blushed and pushed him away, slowly, as he was reminded of his earlier thoughts about loving his best friend.

Before breaktime ended, RyeoWook and YeSung relayed the news to the singing and dancing clubs, which caused RyeoWook to almost collapse from SiWon's bone-crushing hug, another member of the singing club.


Once the last period ended, RyeoWook invited YeSung to have lunch in his house. YeSung happily complied. When they finally reached his house, RyeoWook quickly unlocked the door and flung himself onto his mother who was watching TV in the living room.

YeSung watched happily as RyeoWook told his mother about the good news, like a child showing his outstanding report card. YeSung caught himself staring at the oblivious boy and he mentally slapped himself. 

Stop staring at him, damn it! He's your best friend, for heaven's sake! Aish...

YeSung cursed under his breath as he went to fill two bowls with rice. Sooner than later, RyeoWook joined him at the dining table and they started discussing their university life that's going to start next year. Again, YeSung caught himself smiling rather creepily at his best friend who was making large hand gestures out of excitement.

A few hours was spent talking and playing video games. It was after dinner when YeSung decided to head back home, but just as he opened the door, the clouds turned black and the rain poured heavily. YeSung heaved a sigh and he closed the door shut, turning to RyeoWook.

Then, they shared an understanding smile.


"Hahaha, Sunggie! You look so small in Appa's clothes~" RyeoWook laughed admist tears. YeSung purposely pouted and furrowed his eyebrows, acting as if he's angry. And like usual, RyeoWook immediately ran towards YeSung and proceeded to hug the life out of the turtle-loving man.

"Sunggie, sowwieee~ I didn't mean to tease you! ...Forgive me?" RyeoWook looked up from YeSung's chest. YeSung couldn't help himself from shivering in delight. He also couldn't help the hand that started to RyeoWook's hair. Neither could he prevent the words "Wookie-ah, I love you." from escaping his mouth.

Not realizing what he just said, YeSung continued to stare at the petite man in his arms, wondering why his face was getting redder and redder by the second. 

Oh, he's so cute. My Wookie's blushing so hard because I'm hugging him~ He's so innocent~

Did...did Sunggie just confess?! B-but he doesn't seem affected...Maybe...just maybe...

"Do you say that to a lot of people?" RyeoWook thought aloud. He broke the hug and covered his mouth nervously when he realized that he accidentally voiced his thoughts.

On the other hand, YeSung was flabbergasted. "W-Why are you asking me that?" YeSung asked shakily.
"Well...you said the words 'I Love You' so easily, s-so I thought...um...y'know." RyeoWook stared at his feet while quietly mumbling.

"I WHAT?!"

"Gyaaa! You scared me, Sunggie! Don't shout all of a sudden!"

"I-I-I said the three words?!"

"Y-yeah...but I guess I overreacted. Friends say 'I love you' to each other too, don't they?"

"M-maybe...but...I don't."

"Ehh?"

"I have never said those words to anyone before,"

Both YeSung and RyeoWook blushed. "S-so you mean..."

Eeeeeep. There's no way out of this. I'm doing it.

"Yeah...RyeoWook, I love you. Not as a friend, but romantically."

Gyaaaaa. Oh my gosh is this really happening to me?! My long time crush just confessed to me...what is this?! I must be day dreaming again...

"You don't have to give me an answer immediately, so don't worry," YeSung smiled sheepishly, rubbing the back of his neck nervously.

"I love you too..." RyeoWook muttered under his breath. He was really embarrassed, and this whole thing could be a prank, but he wanted to try risking it. The pain of containing all his feelings were starting to tire him out.

"Eh?"

"W-what? I wanted to reply to your confession," RyeoWook said, feeling hurt. Maybe YeSung's really trying to prank him afterall.

"So you'll be my boyfriend?" YeSung raised an eyebrow. He could not believe his luck, so he tried to get a confirmation before thoroughly embarrassing himself. Soon, both of YeSung's eyebrows curved upwards and his mouth hung open when RyeoWook nodded.

"S...Seriously?"

"Aish, do you love me or not?" RyeoWook clenched his eyes and fists as he screamed at his crush.

"OH MY GOSH, YES! I LOVE YOU SO SO MUCH, WOOKIE-AH!"


Meanwhile, in the living room downstairs...

RyeoWook's parents were watching TV when they heard YeSung shout.

"Kids nowadays are so open with their feelings..." RyeoWook's father grumbled.
"They're so cute, aren't they?" RyeoWook's mother nonchalantly said.

"I'd like to see you call them cute when they finally decide to get married to each other."
"E-eh? What did you say, dear?" RyeoWook's protective mother started to act all flustered.

"Expect a son-in-law soon. Good night." RyeoWook's father yawned loudly. He stood up and went into their his shared bedroom, leaving his shocked wife alone.

That night, everyone except RyeoWook's mother slept soundly.