Scrapnotebook

Post It

KEY'S POV

 

“She loved you very much”

These words shocked me…. I really can’t get over it…. But not as much as the words I’ve heard a few hours ago. My dearest best friend succumbed to cancer. I didn’t know. How can I not know? I was with her last night. Why didn’t I see a sign?  I mean I’m always with her…except these past weeks before yesterday.

Why?

____________________________________________________________________________________

Half past 5, Amber's body was laid funeral parlor. After breaking the news on SNS, the place was immediately packed with our friends from college and her many friends from her high school and the many organizations she joined.

“You know so many people, Ber”

 I would always tell her whenever she greets people around the campus when we walk together. The memories felt so vivid as if everything happened yesterday

“Who are the people you don’t know, Llama?”

“I don’t know everyone, Key…  But really, this is my nature. I’m friendly” she punched me lightly “Well, some of them are just my acquaintances. But one way or the other, they’ve been part of life. I just acknowledge who they are like how they acknowledge me. It’s common courtesy. Wouldn’t you feel bad if you won’t say hi to someone you know?”

The truth is, I’m guilty of that. I ignore her at times when I want to be busy, even though I’m not. I just do.

“Snob”

She’d always tell me that whenever she said “hi” to me and I wouldn’t care. Memories please stop. I feel like a jerk here in a crowd of people who care for her. But if everyone cared for her, I wouldn’t have seen her alone these past few days.

I helped the Liu family entertain some guests since some of them are our (Amber and I) friends. There were a lot of people patting my back and holding my hand while saying “it’s okay”. I got tired after a few hoours of walking, I went in the front aisle. There she was, my beautiful Amber, lying on the coffin with a peaceful looking smile. It seemed impossible but after checking the coffin a lot of times, it really hit me…real hard. She’s really gone. I slumped on the other side and tears started falling.

“She loved you very much” I heard a familiar voice from the back. I turned my back to see Mrs. Liu.

“Oh, Mrs. Liu, I’m sorry”

“It’s okay, son. It’s really okay. She’s lived longer than expected” She gave me a hug and a pat in the shoulder. She has always been kind to me ever since I first met her and Mr. Liu at our first project awarding.

“Mom says hi”

Amber would tell me whenever she has snacks to share with me. They maybe the health snacks but they were so good, I always get excited when she brings.

“You know, ever since I introduced you to her, she’d always give me extra food for me and you to enjoy”

“Longer than expected?”

“She never wanted to let her friends see her in pain, most especially, you.”  Her eyes sparkled as her eyes filled with tears “wait here, son. She wanted to give something to you”

Instead of her mom, her sister Jackie returned with a small notebook full of papers inserted between the pages. 

“Hey buddy”

“Hey Jackie”

“Mom had to entertain the other people coming in. It seems like hundreds of people are coming here to visit my sister for the last time”

“you know Amber and her many friends”

“Well, I don’t really know how she stuck to you like glue… She wanted me to give you this small notebook.  You have to read it.” She handed me the small notebook with random papers sticking out “Be careful with those post its, they’re about to fall out”

“Thanks Jackie”

“Want a cookie?” I nudged in refusal “Okay,  our cousins just came in. I’ll leave you here. Just tell me what you want, okay?”

 

Amber's memory scrapnotebook

(LOLFAIL)

 

Oh, Amber. You never fail to make everyone smile.

 

________________________________________

Annyeonghaseyo yeorobun!

I'll be writing in Key's POV now~ ^^ This has been my brainchild since last month but I had no courage to post this until yesterday. I finally had the strength and inspiration to do so... sa mga Pinoy, hashtag Hugot to. HAHAHAHAHAH Anyways~ I hope you guys enjoy my fic ! Will be updating them soon! 

<3 Yoo JinAh

PS. I think I wanna change my pseudonym.. any suggestions?