Part III

After The Party

            Eli picked Effie up promptly at eight p.m.. He was fascinated by Effie’s, although he could see clearly a little sadness in her face. But, she forced herself to smile at Eli. She linked her arm in Eli’s when he held out his arms to her.

            The atmosphere of Jaeseop’s dorm was very crowded when they entered the room. A lot of people were there and they were busy with their own affairs. However, Kevin, who opened the door for them, looked surprise to see the girl who had been invited by Eli.

            "I don’t know if you guys ever been close before," admitted Kevin, smiling seductively at Eli. He was also familiar with Effie because she was Jaeseop’s neighbor. "Come on, we have to met the others first!"

            Just like Kevin, They were surprised to see Effie. Shortly thereafter, they talked for a while and started to dance, but not lasted long because Effie decided to separate herself to the balcony. Eli who saw her departure was soon catching her.

            "Do you still feel bad?" asked Eli to Effie who was staring at the empty night sky.

            "What do you mean?" Effie asked without turning her face to Eli.

            Eli took a deep breath before answering her question. "I knew from the beginning when I met you this morning. You got a problem, didn’t you? You looked chaotic at the time, Effie yah. Although you've seen better now, but I still could feel your grief."

            Effie did not answer him directly. She sighed heavily, then cupped her face with both of her hands instead. She could feel that feeling again. The sad feeling that she'd been holding. Her eyes began to be wet, but she was trying hard not to cry in front of Eli.

            "Effie yah, are you okay?" Eli asked, anxiously, as he walked over to Effie and holding her shoulders.

            Effie immediately nodded her head, then let go of her hands from her face and looked at Eli with a weak smile. "I'm fine, oppa," she said. "But... I thought, I don’t want to be here any longer. would you send me home?"

            Eli was disappointed, but he could understand her feelings. It was a good intentions of him to make Effie forgot her problem by taking her to the party, but he even made her miserable. He nodded and led Effie out of the balcony.

 

***

 

            "Eli oppa..." called Effie as she hold Eli’s wrist when he was about to head back to Jaeseop’s dorm. "Would you please accompany me tonight? I need a friend..." she said with a pleading face.

            To see her face, Eli was unable to resist and finally nodded in respond. Then, he closed the door of Effie‘s dorm, walked in the room and sat on the couch. Actually, he was pleased with Effie’s request. It made him felt needed. Eli sat quietly while watching Effie who was busy in the kitchen. Feeling bored, he began to come to her. "What are you going to do?"

            "I'll make dinner for us," said Effie while taking out the food from the refrigerator. "Because of me, you haven’t eaten the dinner. I'm sorry."

            "It's okay. Let me help you!"

            Half an hour later, they were eating their dinner in silence. No one said a word. They were busy with their own thoughts. They just started talking when Effie was about to wash the dishes and Eli insisted to help her. Although Effie had refused his help many times, they finally washed the dishes together.

            "We just broke up, oppa..." Effie said suddenly while they were drinking wine in the living room.

            Eli frowned, puzzled, but finally understood. "That's why you're sad all day," he asked, then Effie nodded in respond. She was already drunk, while Eli himself had already a half drunk at the time. "Was he so valuable for you?"

            "Yes, he was," replied Effie in a low voice, but could still be heard by Eli. "But, no, he is. He's so evil, oppa! He left me just because he was bored with me. I hate him now." Effie then lied down on the couch and hugging her knees. "But, I don’t know what to do without him. I used to spend my time with him. What should I do?" Effie’s voice sounded hoarse as if she might cry.

            "You can find better guy than him, you know!" exclaimed Eli with his eyes half-open. He felt jealous because her ex-boyfriend had a huge influence for her life. However, he was glad to hear Effie was not love him anymore.

            "Is there a guy in this world who wants me?"

            "Of course yes! You... you are a perfect girl, Effie yah. Of course there will be a lot of men who want you, I bet!"

            "You too?"

            "Yes?"

            "Do you... want me... too…?"

            Eli did not answer directly. His head felt dizzy and he was sure he was totally drunk. Without knowing for sure what he was doing, he rose from the couch and walked over to Effie who was still lying with her eyes closed. Seemed like she was already falling asleep. Eli kneeling nearby and staring at Effie with his view that began to blur. He smiled and nodded firmly to answer the question. "Of course I want you too," he said while putting his head next to Effie’s head then slept immediatelly.

 

***

 

            The next day, Eli woke up while whimpering in pain and clutching his head. He felt dizzy. His eyes began rounded shocked when he realized he was not in his dorm. He was even more surprised when he saw Effie who was still asleep on the couch. Eli tried to recall what had they done last night. Feeling tired because did not get his memory, Eli then decided to carry Effie to her room. With a bride style, Eli carrying her body. He covered Effie with a bed sheet and caressed her hair from her face. After looking at that face, he immediately remembered what they were talking about last night. Accidentally I've confessed that I wanted her. But, I was drunk last night. Did she believe me? She was also drunk last night. Does she remember what we talked about?

             While he was busy with his thoughts, he suddenly felt his hand held. Eli looked at his hand which was apparently held by Effie, but she was still in eyes closed. He smiled and gently her hand. "Are you awake?" he asked in a low voice, and then answered by Effie with a nod, still with her eyes closed. Eli chuckled softly for seeing her attitude. "I want to go home. Do you want me to make breakfast for you before I go home?"

            Instead of answering the question, Effie opened her eyes and looked at him deeply. "Why... why did you care me, oppa?" she asked in a low voice. "You could have let me drown in my sorrows, but you were trying to help me to forget it. Why?"

            Eli also did not answer it directly. However, a moment later, with a smile on his lips, he replied, "Can you guess why?"

            "Because you're a good person."

            Eli laughed after hearing the plain answer of Effie. Seemed like Effie did not remember what they were talking about last night. Then, he grabbed Effie's hand tightly and smiled at her. "More than that," he said. "Because I like you, Effie yah."

            "You do like me?" said Effie with a shocked face.

            Eli shook his head quickly. "Not. I was wrong. I mean because I love you so much, Effie yah," he said. "It might surprise you and you're not ready for this, but I can’t help myself to keep this feeling anymore. Actually, I've liked you in a quite long time, but you've been dating. But, I think, it's okay for me to confess it to you now, isn’t it? Since you guys have been breaking up."

            Effie who was still lying in her bed was speechless after hearing Eli’s words. She never guessed that Eli could have that feeling toward her. She thought that Eli was kind to her because she was Jaeseop’s neighbor, his friend’s neighbor. For a moment she was silence while looking at Eli. Did not know what to say. But, she asked him after that. "So, what do you want from me?"

            "Yes?"            

            "You said you loved me. Then, what do you want from me?"

            Eli’s cheeks flushed to hear that question. With quivering lips, he asked, "Will you be my girlfriend?"

            Instead of answering the question, Effie pulled Eli’s shirt, making their bodies began to close to each other and kissed his lips gently.

            Although he was surprised with her sudden action, Eli began to enjoy it and began kissing her back passionately. Long enough they kissed, Eli finally let himself of Effie. "So, what's your answer?" he asked curiously.

            Effie did not answer directly for so many times, but looked at Eli with a flushed cheeks and smiled sheepishly. Finally she replied, "Could you guess what my answer is?"

 

***

-The End-

hey!!! so, I've just updated this story!!! ^o^

what's your opinion about this couple?? :3

please, kindly like them because they're my biases >///<

sorry for some confusing sentences (maybe I've made some) >_<

freely to criticize and comment this~~

enjoy reading! :)