Part I

After The Party

            Eli’s phone rang when he was about to have breakfast that morning. Without looking at the caller's name, Eli immediately pressed the answer button. "Hello ..."

            "Eli yah..." someone called  him on the other line. Soohyun’s voice. "Can you help us here?" he asked later.

            Eli's forehead wrinkled, did not understand the question. "Help with what? Where?" he asked back.

            "Ya! You've forgotten what date is today?!"

            Eli glanced at a big calendar on the wall, lazily. "It’s February 22, hyung."

            "That's not what I meant! Yaaa, I guess you really forget what we talked about yesterday, right?"

            "I'm sorry, hyung... I just woke up. I don’t remember anything about yesterday. Looks like I was drunk last night. My head hurts," he admitted.

            "Ya! You were drunk again? Yaaa! Ellison Kim, you really..."

            "Come on, hyung. Just tell me what you want to tell me. I know you're not going to call me so early if there isn’t anything important," Eli cut his words quickly. He did not want to hear Soohyun’s nagging. He was not going to stop nagging if he was not immediately stopped from the start.

            "Hoon, Kiseop, Kevin and I are already in Jaeseop’s dorm. He will be here at two in the afternoon. You know, he just gets his vacation. We will have a party to celebrate his return, as we planned earlier. So, if you don’t mind, can you come here and help us?"

            "Ah, yes! Jaeseop will be home today," said Eli as if he was awaken from his reverie. "I'll be there, hyung! Maybe I will come late. As I said earlier, I just woke up. I even want to eat my breakfast before you called me. "

            "Ok. We'll be waiting. Take it easy! We still have enough time. "

 

***

 

            Jaeseop’s dorm was not too far from Eli’s dorm. It was located on the eleventh floor while his dorm on the thirteenth floor. Yes, they lived in the same apartment, but they hired a different dorm. Eli who had tidy dressed up decided to immediately come to Jaeseop’s. It was nine o'clock in the morning. Eli coming out of the elevator and was surprised to see a girl crying in front of the dorm number A1105. He decided to approach her.

            "Effie yah... what wrong with you?" asked Eli softly.

            The girl was a little shocked and hurriedly wiping her eyes. "I-I... I'm okay, oppa. I'm... I'm fine," replied the girl in a hoarse voice due to crying.

            Eli certainly did not believe her answer. However, he did not want to force her. He was then tapped Effie’s shoulder slowly, trying to give her his strength. "Well, I leave you then, ok?" said Eli and Effie nodded at him. When Eli was standing at the front the dorm number A1108, he turned his face to Effie, who was opening the door and entered it.

            Eli sighed heavily. He knew Effie because she lived on the same floor with Jaeseop. However, they are not close to each other. Without her knowledge, Eli secretly liked her. Unfortunately, Effie already had a boyfriend. Seeing Effie crying made his heart sad. But, he did not know what to do to make Effie happy again.

            After quite a long pensive, Eli pressed the bell of dorm number A1108, Jaeseop’s dorm. Shortly thereafter, the door was opened by Hoon and he could see clearly the dorm’s atmosphere that looked chaotic with all the knick-knacks decorating in all around the room.

            "Oh my God... what are you doing?" said Eli with wide eyes that stared at each corner of the room.

            "Decorating, of course. You can’t see what we do, huh?" replied Kiseop who were installing a large banner that read “Welcome Home, Jaeseop ah!” on the walls of the room.

            "You know, this looks terrible!" said Eli. "Scruffy once!"

            "Yaaa... Eli yah! Stop criticizing and help us," said Hoon who was decorating a large paper.

            "Okay, okay..." Eli said. "But, what should I do?"

 

***

 

            It was a half past one in the afternoon. Soohyun, Kiseop, Eli, Hoon and Kevin were resting on the couch. Jaeseop’s dorm already looked more presentable than before. It was fit to be a party place later that night.

            "Don’t you feel hungry?" asked Soohyun suddenly. "What if some of us go shopping?"

            Shortly thereafter, they agreed to pick Hoon and Kiseop to go shopping. While three other men were still sitting on the couch.

            Eli suddenly remembered of Effie. And his question just came out of his lips. "Soohyun hyung, may I invite someone to come here tonight?"

            Soohyun’s forehead wrinkled, surprised. However, he nodded. "You may. Dongho, Xander hyung and Kibum will also be here," he replied. "But, who would you invite?"

            "Let me guess! A girl that you like?" guessed Kevin, trying to tease Eli. Eli stared at him and blushing. Kevin grinned. "Yaaa... why don’t you introduce her to us first? This is too sudden, you know!"

            "Kevin ah, this is not what you think!" said Eli.

            "So, you're going to invite a girl?" asked Soohyun.

            Eli nodded weakly. "It's okay, right?" he asked timidly.

            "It's okay. If so, I would invite Jessica!"

            "Wow! You will invite Sica Nuna, hyung?" asked Kevin incredulously.

            Soohyun nodded confidently and smiled broadly. "What about you? Who will you invite?"

            Kevin paused, then shook his head and smiled a bit. His eyes then looked at Eli with a made-up annoyed look. "You make me jealous, you know!" he exclaimed in annoyance tone. "I thought, I could spend the night with you later, Eli yah."

            Eli grinned, feeling guilty. "I'm sorry, Kevin ah. The thought came to me in a sudden," he admitted. "We can still spend time together next time, you know!" he said as he approached Kevin and hugged him tightly.

            Kevin hugged Eli back, grinning.

            Soohyun snorted indignantly to see their silly act. "Yaaa!!! Can you hold on your Elvin feels ? I'm still here."

 

***