Episode 7

You're Me

A/N happy new year everybody! This chapter marks the turning point in this story so I really hope you enjoy it. Our Changmin and  Yoona aren't kids anymore, and as they grow older, more tragic events occur. I want to thank everyone who gave "You're Me"  love by commenting or/and subscribing.  <33333


That day, I lost everything.

 

It started up normally, the bright sun made it seem like it was going to be a happy day.

 

It was anything but a happy day.

 

I woke up early as usual, ate breakfast with the family as usual, made sarcastic jokes as usual and then it was time to bid everyone goodbye.

 

Yoona was gloomy and quite like she had been fo the past three days, I had missed the sound of her laughter so  much, And now I had to leave without seeing her smile once more.

 

After my tearful goodbye with my mother and bear hug with my father and Kris, I drove the two girls to their school. They went to the same middle school I went to.


I had hoped Yoona would say one last thing but she didn't, Instead we spent the ride listening to Neya listing the the things she wanted from the east side of the country.


"What do you want, Yoona?" I interrupted Neya.


"Nothing," Yoona replied, her usually sweet voice hoarse.


"Just get her painting utensils like always," Neya rolled her eyes.


I was going to add something  but we were already in front of their school  gate. The moment the car came to halt, Yoona opened  her door and ran to the school, without saying anything.


I kissed and hugged Neya before finally departing towards my exam city.
It was three hours drive from our city(Luoes) to Nasub, my mom suggested that I go early so I can relax before going to the exam but I insisted to stay so I could spend as much time with the the family (Yoona) as possible.


I recived a call from my bestfriend Kyuhyun who was already in Nasub on my way to the exam site.

 

"You will make it right, Voldy?" He asked me, Kyuhyun and I went to the same elementary, middle and now high school. He always ranked second despite him not putting in lots of effort in studying like I did, let's just say he's one of the luckiest people.


"I'm almost there," I said.

 

"Good, the exam doesn't start for two hours so stop and get something to eat if you need to," Kyuhyun advised.

 

"I'm not hungry but I will stop when I reach Nasub," I said.

 

"Aright bro, I'll let you focous on driving, see you soon." Kyuhyun said and hung up.


Not too long after ,my phone started ringing again. This time,  it was a an unknown number.

 


"Hello," I said through the phone.


"It's Changmin, right?" I knew who it was. The voice of my least favorite person on the planet.

 

"What do you want, Hani?" I asked. Hani, despite his ftaher's connections, was not able to attend or be examined for the school in the east side. I assumed he was jealous and wanted to discourage me or curse me out.


"Did you arrive?" He said in a careless and happy tone. If something made Hani happy then I knew I wasn't going to be happy.


"What have you done?" I asked immediately .


"I made a new little friend today, she's here with me," he said mockingly.

 

Before I could say anything, before I can register anything, her helpless voice started ringing in my ears
.

"Chang-meeen," she pleaded.


"Yoona..." Her name escaped my lips  and I  almost slammed into the car before me.


"I-I-I'm scared," she mumbled, her voice shaking.


"Yoona where are you?" I said, trying to stay rational despite everything.


Hani, the evil creature who dared make my Yoona cry, started laughing madly in the background.

 

"She's with me, turn around and come to my dad's factory," Hani stated clearly, "Come before I do something to her."

 

I didn't care about the cars crossing in front of me, I made a u-turn and sped back, towards Hani's dad's factory.


The ride was long and I almost had an accident a couple of times but I made sure I would stay alive for her.


After what seemed to be forever, I spotted Hani's car parked in front of his dad' factory. I parked behind it and dashed into the factory.


"You missed the exam," Hani stated with a smile.


I lost my dreams. The school will not hold another exam for me. The rules were strict. You don't arrive for any reason, you are immiedtly denied entrance.


I looked around for Yoona but she was no where in sight.


"It's okay though, I'll tell my dad to hire you in our factory," Hani continued.

 

"Where is Yoona?" I walked to him, ready to assault his ugly face.

 

Then. Her voice reached me.

 

"Changmin! Changmin! Are you there?!" Yoona cried. Her voice was weak and in pain. I followed her voice into the room next us and there she was, seated on a wooden chair. Her hands and feet tied too tightly for her comfort. And of course, big fat tears poured out from her doe eyes.


I ran to her and started to untie her, all while chanting, "I'm sorry Yoona, I'm sorry, Yoona, I'm sorry...so so sorry."

 

It was my fault that Yoona was kidnapped. Because of me, Hani scared her(he did more than just scaring her, I soon found out)


"What a beautiful sight," Hani clapped his hands together behind us.


When Yoona was fully released she jumped into my arms and started hugging me to her. Her hands were clawing at me and her small legs were wrapped around my abdomen as if the ground was made of fire that would burn her if I had decided to put her down.


"I-I-I..." She mumbled incoherent things as she continued to sob.


"It's alright...it's alright..." I patted her back and tried to walk us towards my car. Hani was following me and if he wanted to kill me or break my legs then and there, it would be a piece of cake but he didn't.


I opened the passenger's seat and forced Yoona, who was clinging to my body, into it.


"I kept my promise, I said I will destroy you and I did," Hani said, my eyes darted to him and he held a blue ribbon in his hand.

 

With an evil laugh erupting from his mouth, he let go of the ribbon and I watched it fly down till it landed on his foot.


Then I realized that the ribbon, was what Yoona used to keep her skirt from falling down. The ribbon Yoona used to keep the skirt at her waist. My eyes darted towards Yoona and the ribbon wasn't there. The skirt wasn't there either. She was wearing black sweat pants that looked new.


Hatered blinded my heart and all I wanted was to kill Hani and drink his filthy blood. Yes, that's how much I hated that devil.


I looked around next to me and I spotted a big hard rock, I grabbed it and threw it right at his head. And of course, it landed exactly where I predicted if would, it landed on his brain and Hani's body fell into the ground.


I laughed.


I assumed he was dead when he didn't move.


I laughed even more.

 

I walked towards him slowly and checked his pulse and confirmed that his evil soul left his seventeen years old body.

 

And my laughter filled the factory as tears started to descend on my cheeks for the first time in a long time.

 

Do I regret killing Hani, you may ask? I never did.

 

The fallen ribbon was planted in my memory for life and every time I remembered it, I wished that Hani was alive  so I would kill him again.

 

That bastard.