Episode 4.

You're Me

The crybaby who was loud and obnoxious grew up beautifully and healthly. I, of course, spoiled her too much, I gave her everything she wanted though my mom told me that I should treat Neya the same way. Don't get me wrong, I loved Neya, she is my sister and even though she argues none stop with Yoona, deep inside, she's a good person but I was the one who raised Yoona. She was just...a whole different case.

Yoona never left my mind. Everywhere I go, everything I see, every sound I hear everthing (everything) reminded me of her.

 

Life went perfectly well for the little Yoona, until her eight birthday that is. 

 

On celebration of her 8th birthday, Kris promised to teach her how to ride a bike.  At first she was struggling and falling a lot (and everytime I went to check if she was okay, she ushered me away) but then quickly got the hang of it.

 

My parents threw a barbieque party for her. We invited her aunt and her family along with two of her classmates, Sooyoung and Jonghyun.The latter, I greatly disliked for Yoona seemed to have a little crush on him. Or was it Kris she crushed on? I didn't know. Kris was my brother, I couldn't dislike him(children logic) but the short friend of hers was a whole another thing...

 

The babieque party was fun for all of us. We danced, sang and of course, Yoona's and my favorite, ate! 

 

of course, the cleaning up wasn't so fun. And I'm not exaggerating when I say it was disastrous.

 

My Mom divided the chores. Yoona was free from them since it was her birthday so she was very pleased.

 

"Woo!" we all turned around to see Yoona was on the bike, she was laughing cheerfuly and didn't pay attention to where she was driving.

 

And that's when beautiful night became horrifying. Yoona lost control of the bike and slammed into Kris.

 

Kris fell forward on his hands. Now the fall wouldn't have hurt him permanently if it wasn't for the fact that he fell into the still blazing red charcoal he had just thrown into the sand.

 

First, his palms prevented the rest of his body from making contact with charcoal but then his hands burned so much(or was it because Yoona and her bicycle fell on top of him?) and couldn't take it  so all of his weight fell into charcoal, including his face with Yoona on top of him.

 

A shriek came out of my mom's mouth while I just stared in horror, unable to move. My dad was the first to react, he ran towards them and picked the both of them up.

 

Yoona burned her left hand but Kris burned the upper right part of his face along with his hands, arms and knees. The rest were protected by his clothes.

 

Since our country was at the risk of getting involved in war, most of the hospitals had roughly five to seven doctors on duty. That day, Kris had to wait for two hours before he was treated by a doctor.

 

We found out that one of his nerves was injured so his right eye was  to stay closed for the rest of his life while the burned area is most likely to leave a scar also.

 

Yoona came into my room early the next morning, her cheeks wet. She ripped a page from her journal wrote a wish and placed it in her wish box.

 

I didn't have to ask to know that her wish was along the lines of "please make Kris get better."

 

It wasnt Yoona's fault, my mom, dad, kris and I assured her but Neya told her otherwise.

 

And Yoona agreed with Neya.

 

The next year was horrifying for my poor child. She never smiled anymore and she came to me almost every night, with tears flowing down her cheeks.

 

"I'm burning...Changmin...take me to the hospital..." She would cry.

 

"Kris is injured...save him...please..."

 

"Fire...I see fire, Changmin! And kris is stuck in it, help him..."

 

"He can't open his eye...Kris can't open his eye...because of me...Changmin..."

 

"I did it...I killed Kris...I burned him..."

 

**************


"Honey, Yoona isn't getting any better," I heard my mom whispering one day. She was talking with my dad in the kitchen and I was about to enter but stopped when I heard Yoona's name.

 

"I know," my dad sighed helplessly.

 

"I was thinking maybe we should take her to a psychiatric," my mom said.

 

"To a shrink?" I gasped loudly.

 

"Changmin, were you eveasdropping on us?" My mom said in a strict tone.

 

"You're taking Yoona to a shrink?" I ignored her, "I can't allow that!"

 

"It's not your decision to make," my dad said with a glare.

 

"I'm going to protect her," I vowed, "I'll run away with her!"

 

My parents exchanged looks and then smiled to me.

 

"I know a great psychiatric. She is so nice and sweet and she loves working with kids. I'll take Yoona to her," My Mom assured me,"Don't worry son, she'll be fine."

 

"But---"  I protested.

 

"Do you remember Mr.Yunho? he's the dancing teacher you met and you really liked. The one I'm taking Yoona to is his fiancee," my mom informed me, "So trust me, she won't hurt Yoona."

 

"Mom---" I cut her off.

 

"Do you want Yoona to be happy again or not?" my mom asked sharply.

 

"Yes," I answered honestly.

 

"Then let her get help," my Mom said.

 

"Fine," I sighed though I was still worried.

 

I succumbed to my parents wishes and watched Yoona going to the psychiatric, Kwon BoA, every Tuesday and Thursday.

 

Little by little, Yoona started speaking more and smiling more and in about two months, the bratty doe returned to us. Kwon BoA was heaven sent!

 

 

 

 

 

A/N I had to include BoA in this! <3 Though she won't be showing up a lot in the future... :(  I've never updated four chapters in one month before so I'm quite proud of myself (but again, this fanfic's chapters are much more shorter than my other stories.)  Again, Thank you everyone who subscribed and commented!  

You're Me's newest subscribers: