III

The Intern

DARA’S POV

 

I am at the airport running briskly. For what reason? I don’t know. But I feel like something or someone is about to lose any minute from me and I never want that to happen. I don’t care if I’m the cause of murmur everywhere or if I looked like a thief who snatched an expensive necklace from a businesswoman and the police are running after me.

 

I stopped for a moment and scrutinize the place as if searching for someone or something that I don’t know. I just follow my heart and my brain which seem to have their own lives and controlling my body running here and there.

 

Until, I saw a figure which stopped me from my tracks. I was panting heavily when I saw a man and a woman exchanging hugs and kisses.

 

I felt a pang in my heart and my eyes suddenly become gloomy and misty. I clutched my chest and a tear fell from my eyes. The woman is also crying but her tears are caused by too much happiness.

 

My heart prickles every time the guy is caressing her. His back facing me. I felt jealous like I know the guy, like I love him. No, he’s not Donghae. That’s why I don’t know why I am feeling this pain.

 

The guy turned his back. He looked surprised seeing me in front of him like I shouldn’t be there in the first place. “Dara-ah, why only now?” He said.

 

 

 

 

 

 

I heard a loud thud and woke up seeing my body on the floor. “Ouch.” I hissed while rubbing my side. “Finally, you’re awake!” Roxanne said with arms crossed. I glared at her with the look of why-I-ended-up-on-the-floor-question.

 

 

 

 

“Okay, I pushed you off your bed.” She said while putting her hands up as if surrendering and continued, “You’re such a sleepyhead. The clock alarmed like gazillion times already that I need to come here and pushed you just for you to be awaken. I even thought of pouring hot water on you but because I’m nice, I didn’t.” She patted my head and picked some of the pillows that fell. “C’mon. I prepared breakfast.” With that, she left my room.

 

 

 

 

Roxanne and I are living in one apartment. After meeting her, she asked me if I have a place to stay in. I did but I kinda feel strange about that house. That’s why, I immediately grabbed her invitation when she asked me to stay with her and share the expenses.  

 

 

 

I leaned on the bed side and thought of my dream but I can’t remember it anymore. I clutched my chest and shove the thought away. I fixed my bed and got my phone under the pillow. I giggle after seeing Donghae’s text messages.

 

Fr: Cuddly-wuddly Donghae <3

 

Dara-ah, Are you already asleep? HAHA. You’re so cute! Have a good sleep.

I love you baby! ^^

 

 

 

 

Fr: Cuddly-wuddly Donghae <3

 

Good morning Princess! I’m awake. See you later.

I love you!

 

 

 

I scrolled down to see an unregistered number.

 

 

 

Fr: 63-XXX-YYYYYYY

 

Ms. Park, meet me in my office when you arrived at school. You have to tell me your decision today. We can also negotiate the conditions. See you.

 

Dean

 

 

 

This is the day and I perfectly planned everything. I made my way to the bathroom and took a cold shower.

 

 

 

 

 

 

AUTHOR’S POV

 

Dara is confidently walking her way to the Dean’s office. She made plans to make her journey worthy and beneficial for herself and her friends. She cannot leave them hanging and feel the wrath of their Professor while she sojourns to other country. 

 

 

 

She knocked and opened the door. “Good morning, sir.” She greeted. “Take a seat, Ms. Park.”  The Dean offered.

 

 

 

“Let’s not go around the bush and discuss this matter. Have you decided?” The Dean asked resting his arms on the table.

 

 

 

Dara cleared and began, “Yes. As a matter of fact, I also liked to talk to you about my conditions.” She positioned herself to face the Dean clearly. “I’ll say yes, only if my friends will not be under the supervision of Prof. Monster-doza, Mendoza, I mean.”

 

 

 

The Dean laughed which surprised Dara. “You are very tricky, Ms. Park. That’s against the school policy. We cannot take them out of that class unless there’s a valid reason.”

 

 

 

‘You’re playing with me, huh.’ She thought. “If that’s against the policy then I’m turning down the offer.” She stood up and bowed her head to the dean. The Dean was taken aback by her action and when Dara was about to leave the room, “Wait. Hmmm. reconsidering your condition, I might do something about that.”

 

 

 

Dara’s lips formed into a smirk and went back to her seat. She just observed how the dean makes phone calls to different persons of authority. She sometimes noticed how his eyes creased and how he scrunched his nose. Dara kinda pitied him being in that position. But she needs to do this to feel at ease when she leaves.

 

 

 

The sigh of the dean snapped her out of reverie. “Okay, Ms. Park. Kindly inform your friends that they will be transferred in different section starting tomorrow.”

 

 

 

“Thank You so much, Dean. I’ll be forever grateful.” Dara said in a thriving voice. “Now, that your conditions have been met. Let’s proceed in talking about our business.” He said in a serious tone.

 

 

 

He brought out papers and let Dara read the contract. She sometimes twitched her lips and rolled her eyes because she cannot understand some of the conditions. She gets tired reading all of it and signed the papers just to end their conversation. She wants to get out of the room and find Joseph and Roxanne and tell the good news.

 

 

 

“Thank you for the cooperation, Ms. Park. Enjoy your day and don’t forget to pack your things immediately.” He said while fixing his tie. She stood up and about to storm out of the room when the Dean continued, “Your flight will be at 4 in the morning. Don’t be late.”

 

 

 

“What?” Dara exclaimed.

 

-------------------------

 

 

 

Donghae and Dara are strolling around the park. It’s their last day to be together. She was surprised when the dean told her about her flight. She didn’t know it’d be too soon. She was planning to spend a day with her friends and another day with Donghae.

 

 

But because of the ‘rush flight’, she decided to divide her day to accommodate both.

 

 

Earlier…

 

 

She told Roxanne and Joseph the good news. The latter jumped inside the canteen crazily because finally, they’ll be gone from the monster’s shadow.

 

 

“Dara, thank you! As a sign of gratitude, I’ll treat you a good meal. What do you like?” Joseph asked but Dara’s smile turned into a curve.

 

 

“What’s the problem?” Roxanne asked as she caressed Dara’s arms. Dara looked at Roxanne then to Joseph.

 

 

“I’ll miss you guys.” She sobbed and buried her head on Roxanne’s shoulders. “I was planning to spend a day with the both of you but I’m afraid I cannot do it anymore. My flight is already tomorrow morning. Screw the Dean. He didn’t even tell it to me beforehand.” She whined.

 

 

Joseph moved his seat towards the two girls and joined the hug, “Dara, it’s okay. What you did is already a remembrance of you. It’s not like you’ll be away forever.”

 

 

“He’s right. And besides, I told you, we can always talk to each other through SNS. Just spend the rest of the day with Donghae.” Roxanne retorted and tightened the hug.

 

 

Dara was brought back to reality when he felt an arm on her shoulders. Donghae emerged in front of her and lowered his head to meet her eyes. “What’s bugging my little princess?”

 

 

She smiled giddily looking at his orbs. “I’ll miss you so much!” She wrapped her arms around his neck and buried her face. “Thank you for being a supportive boyfriend. Thank you for bringing the best out of me and thank you for loving me despite my stubbornness.”

 

 

He chuckled. She never told her feelings to him personally. She acts cute and everything but she never told him how thankful she is. She’s sweet but she’s not good in putting her feelings into word.

 

 

“Yah, behave. Don’t let anyone see how charming you are. I’m putting Roxanne and Joseph as your bodyguards. Warn every lady that you are already taken by me. Arasso?” Dara punched Donghae’s back lightly when she didn’t receive a reply.

 

 

“Arraso.” Donghae laughed to her girlfriend’s childish acts. He pulled from the hug and stared at Dara. He examined her face and pushed aside some strands of her hair. He got something from his pocket. He opened the box and pulled out a silver necklace with a star pendant.

 

 

He then put the necklace on Dara’s neck.” Dara, this is a sign that I’ll love no one but you. I want you to trust me. Whenever you see a star, you must remember me and know that we are looking at the same star. Thus, making our distance smaller.” He said as he held her hand sternly.

 

 

Dara began rubbing his cheek. “You’re so cute, you know. I’m glad I’ve met you and I want you to know I trust you with all my heart.” She pecked his lips and the surrounding started to vanish as if only the two of them are in the place where they shared promises of love.

 

 

DARA’S POV

 

I was packing my clothes when Roxanne emerged from the door. She sat on the floor and she’s following every move of mine like a security camera. “What?” I drawled.

 

 

She smiled and dashed towards the bed where I am sitting. “Dara, can I ask a favor?” She asked fidgeting.

 

 

“Hmm?” I muttered while folding my clothes and placed them inside my suitcase. “You know…hmmm..I was wondering if you can ask for a sign of my favorite K-pop boyband.” She asked and met my deathly glare.

 

 

“I was just kidding. Go back to what you were doing.” She faked a laugh. Okay. I’m not against Korean flower boys or flower girls with thick eyeliners and stylized fashion wardrobes but I’m not into them. I get sick hearing these groups everytime Roxanne watches them. They are growing wildly and I feel like they’re just copying each other.

 

 

I’m more into K-dramas or movies. Their stories are daebak, especially the twists! And kudos to the actors and actresses. How I wish to become one of them Le sigh.

 

 

I saw Roxanne’s retreating back approaching the door and stopped her. “Where’s the CD?” 

 

 

She dashed towards me and hugged me tightly. “Thank you Dara. Wait for a sec.” She entered my room with the CD on her hand. “I was thinking maybe you can bump even one of my Bigbang-oppas since you’ll be working in an entertainment company. We’ll never know.” She said while handling me the CD.

 

“Bigbang.” I mumbled. “Wait. What company you are assigned?” She asked. “YG?” I said unsurely. She didn’t get to hear my answer because she stormed out of my room when she heard her favorite boy band on the TV.

 

 

I just shook my head in disbelief and continue packing my things.

 

----------------

 

I am now inside the plane waiting for it to leave. I feel excited yet nervous. I’ll get to see my family again but I’m afraid what kind of people will I be working with.

 

Donghae took me at the airport earlier. Well, my friends said they’ll come but Joseph didn’t answer my calls thinking he’s in a deep slumber, same as Roxanne who was snoring when I entered her room. I just left a goodbye note.

 

“Attention all passengers. Please tuck in your seat belts. The plane will take off.” I heard the pilot said. “So, this is it.” I muttered under my breath.

 

 

---------------

 

Jiyong was awakened by the incessant ring of his phone. He extends his arm and finds his phone on the floor using his hand. He immediately gets it and answer the call.

 

 

“Hello, Ji. Where are you?” The other line asked impatiently. “Hyung. I’m in my room having a good sleep not until you call. What’s the matter?” Jiyong said while yawning.

 

 

“Your personal assistant will arrive later. Get your here in the building later at 10am. I want you to meet her. Comply Jiyong and stop being arrogant.” The guy on the other line exclaimed.

 

 

“Okay, fine. I’ll be there.” Jiyong drawled and hung up the phone. “Hmmm.” A girl moaned beside her and snake her arms around him. He turned to face the girl and pecked her lips. “Thanks for last night. I’m done with you. You can leave now. I need to go somewhere.” He said pushing the girl off the bed.

 

 

“This will be a good day.” He thought thinking about meeting his new assistant.

 

 

 

----------

Here's an update. :)

Thank you for subscribing and keep commenting. 

I love reading your comments. It drives me to update more. ^^