Hunt and Hunted

Bloody Angels

Tessah's POV: I groaned and tossed and turned lazily. I scooted down to get comfortable in the small couch and then it hit me. I didn't feel the warm body heat from Joyce. I opened one eye and struggled to blink away the fuzzyness from my comfortable sleep I took. I went wide eyed as I realized she was missing. Stay calm, maybe she's with one of the boys. I stood up and shook the dizziness away from my head. I swung my feet over the side and dug my toes into the soft carpet of the floor. "Give me my donut..." A familiar voice whined from around the corner. I turned the corner to come into a huge fancy kitchen you would see on a cooking channel. Hansol and the rest of the boys were laughing at Sungje as he tried to grab the donut from Kido. "Hey, have you all seen Joyce?" I asked trying not to think the worse. She should have woken me up or something...She knows better to run off like that. "No." Sungje said, turning around to face me. "Is she gone?" Hansol asked concernedly. I nodded hesitantly and they all stopped playing around and stared at me worriedly. "Maybe she went outside." Sol began but I gentle shoved him aside to walk towards the front door. "Wait!" Lio called out before chasing after me. I heard the footsteps of the boys as they chased after me. "Everyone, just stay calm." Sungje said holding his hands out. Kido rolled his eyes annoyedly. "Obviously your the most worried one." He said sarcastically. "Not now, guys." Hansol ordered annoyedly. I sighed and jumped off the porch, landing skillfully on one knee on the ground. I sighed heavily. I wonder if their even going to help me find her. I don't know if I should even expect them to..I sighed.

                      "She's going to be fine." Sungje said standing beside me. I glanced over at him and let out a deep sigh. "I hope so." I whispered, my worry ing. He rested his hand on my shoulder, and his blue eyes were filled with sympathy and care. I blushed and broke my gaze away from him. "How about we all split up and look around?" Kido suggested, laning beside me. They all glanced at each other and nodded hesitantly. "Let's go." Sungje said once everyone else got paired up. I looked at the woods that seemed to stretch on forever around their house. He followed my gaze and sighed. "I doubt she'd go in the woods." He said sounding just like me. He must be feeling the same way I am right now... I went to turn away, but something shiny that caught the suns rays hit me in the face, making me squint my eyes. "Hold on.." I said before running towards it. I went wide eyed as I realized it was Joyce's silver bracelet. I held it and shuddered at how cold it was. Maybe she just dropped it... Sungje walked up to me, leaves crunching under his feet. I went wide eyed as blood was smeared on the other side. A whimper escaped my lips and I covered my mouth, letting the bracelet drop. She can't be...No. Sungje was stunned with silence, and he took a deep breath. "I don't think she's..." He began, making me look up at him with teary eyes. "It looks like she's either got lost or wondered off." He said looking at the woods before scanning the rest of the area. I clenched my fist and felt my anger skyrocket. What the hell?!

                  I slowly faced him, my patience gone completely. "How can you say that so calmly?" I snapped, feeling outraged. Sungje stared at me regretfully and opened his mouth to say something, but I dashed off, leaving him behind. "Wait, Tessah!" He yelled after me, his voice sounding distance as it bounced off the trees. I kept running and felt angry with myself as I felt warm tears start to creep their way on my face. I wiped them away angerily, and sniffled. The dry leaves crunched loudly under my feet but I forced myself to keep going. Maybe she didn't wonder of this far... I stopped running and rested my hands on my knees and struggled to catch my breath. "I'm sorry..." I said even though I knew there wasn't no point apologizing if Joyce wasn't around to hear it. I promised I'd keep her safe, and I lost her completely. I leaned against the tree and gasped as a black and white image flashed in my head, sending painful jolts down my body. A familiar talking to Joyce before he looked totally different. I held my breath as he flung her over his shoulder and walked in the woods until he reached a dark huge cave that was across from a tiny stream. Once my weird preminision was over, I shook my head. Reality flooded back to me. I looked down at my feet and I could feel my body tremble. What was that? Iv'e never had a vision before... I gulped nervously and struggled to get ahold of myself. I need to stay calm to find her... I snapped out of my thoughts as a twig snapped from somewhere near me. I tensed up.

                   I went wide eyed as a pair of green cat eyes stared at me through a group of bushes. Before I could even breathe, scream or run it lunged at me. The only thing I could see was the blur of it's gleaming fur in the slits of sunlight that streamed through the bright green leaves. And of course it's huge black claws. I went wide eyed and my body seemed frozen. I closed my eyes tightly and waited for the unbearable pain. It never happened...I opened my eyes to see Kido staring at me, a silver gun in his hand, pointed out words with his finger frozen on the trigger. The black panther layed motionless just inches in front of me, blood oozing from it's bullet wound on it's side. "Tessah!" Sungje yowled before running towards me. Before I could say anything, he hugged me tightly. "Are you stupid? Do you want to get killed?" He snapped gripping my shoulders. I stared at him in shock. Iv'e never seen him being the type of person to get mad so easily. "I...I..." I stammered hesitatantly, and still shocked on what happened. His gaze softened and the anger melted away to only be replaced by worry. "Just don't run off like that." He said apologetically. I nodded and sighed. "I'm glad we came when we did. Obviously you'd be dead on your own." Kido said standing on my other side. I glared at him annoyedly. "I can take care of myself, thanks." I said sarcastically. He snickered. "Not if we save you first." He corrected. I rolled my eyes and before I could snap back at him, Hansol held his hand up with a eyebrow raised. "Let's keep looking." He said before we continued to walk. I sighed and looked down at my black leather boots. No matter how much I deny it, they did save me.

                                             Joyce's POV: I looked up and went wide eyed, in horror as footsteps walked towards me. I was surrounded by darkness, my heart hammering against my chest. Everything seemed to hit me at once...I was alone in the dark, tired, cold and most of all, alone. Tears streamed down my pale face for the hunderth time. I pulled my knees in towards my chest and hugged them tightly. The footsteps that were coming right towards me. My breathing became shallow and faster. "Hello there, beautiful." A voice said from in front of me. I narrowed my eyes to see him, but I couldn't see anything. I jumped as fire suddenly appeared inches away from my face. I went wide eyed as I realized it was our father. His dark brown hair was sticking up slightly and his dull brown eyes were focused on me. We both stared at each other in silence for a moment. "You have nothing to fear." He said sternly. I looked at him hesitantly. "Were's Tess?" I asked looking around in the dimly lit cave. My dad's expression changed completely. "She's not here. And I don't want her to be here." He said hatred creeping into his voice. My hopeful smile fell and I looked down. I felt more tears swell in my eyes. "I miss her." I said my voice cracking, and I began to sob once more. He knealt down beside me. "You won't need her anymore." He said resting his hand on my shoulder supportively. I wiped the tears away with my sleeve and looked at him. "What do you mean?" I asked slowly. He smiled, revealing his perfect white teeth. "Were together."

                    "Isn't that what you always wanted?" He asked mysteriously. I nodded and stared at him expressionlessly. Should I trust even thought what he did to me and Tess? Before I could say anything, people began to gather towards us from out of the shadows. I looked at them worriedly and felt fear surge through me once more. "Who are these people?" I asked nervously. He smiled a  evil smile and shrugged. "Just some friends of mine." He said before looking over his shoulder at them. He snapped his fingers, and they seperated and shoved a innocent looking girl towards me. My dad held the torch tightly in his hand. "Who is she?" I asked softly. The girl had short boy like hair, and flippy black hair that went over one eye.My dad seemed pleased that I asked him that. "Her name is Miko." He said before looking at her sharply. The girl looked up at him through her crazy and soaked black bangs. "I'm glad you decided to join us. Now is the perfect time that you meet my daughter." He said with a smirk. His brown boots echoed around the cave with every step he took. Miko looked at me as if I just smacked her.  Am I that scary? I exchanged her look miserable. "Why did you capture me like this?" She asked, her voice hoarse. My dad smirked and gave a chuckle. "You know something I don't, and I won't stop hunting you until you tell me." He said taking a step foreword. Miko wasn't looking at my dad anymore, she was looking at me. "They are gods savors. They are destined to do something great." She said softly. What? 

                    My dad clenched his fist and looked at her, his face twisting in disguist. I'm...God's savor? But how...I'm not a angel. "Tell me were Tess is." He said sharply. I went wide eyed as his people started to circle the innocent girl. Miko slowly stood up, making them point different types of guns at her. She didn't flinch, she just looked at them calmly. "No. I'm not going to..." She said staring at my dad fearlessly. He went wide eyed and pulled out a black gun from the back of his pocket and pointed it at her. I let out a scream as he pulled the trigger, making the room light up for a moment. Miko stood their for a moment, a lost and plain expression on her face. Blood trickled out of , then she collasped on the ground. I stared in horror as blood began to flow out of her into a small puddle. She's dead... "Why did you kill her?!" I shouted, making them all look at me. He stomped towards me quickly. I shrank back and he grabbed my face painfully. I winced as his thumbs dug into my cheeks. "Your either on my side, or theirs." He snapped before making me look at Miko forcefully. I went wide eyed as pure white angel wings appeared on her back. She's...I can't believe this. My dad let my face go and looked down at me angerily. "But...What did they do to us?" I asked feeling tears swell in my eyes. My dad narrowed his eyes and clenched his silver gun that gleamed in the faint moonlight that drifted through the hole that led from the cave entrance. "Everything." He said through clenched teeth. I stared at him in horror.

                         "You aren't ment to be on their side anymore. Your like me now, a cruel heartless demon." He said coldly. I looked at him in horror. "No I'm not!" I shouted in dismay. I'm not mean...Iv'e never been mean before. My dad gave a tiny half smile. He gentle pushed me towards dead Miko. "I'll prove it. Demons thirst for blood." He said with another smirk. I looked down at the reflection of myself that appeared in Miko's blood. A sudden urge scorched through me. Blood, I want blood. Without thinking, I lunged foreword. I felt fangs pop out of  my mouth, scraping against my lips. I knealt down over Miko and sank my teeth into her cold, lifeless body. I felt a warm sensation surge through me, and I sighed blissfully. Her blood seemed to surge through me, taking over me. "Enough, youv'e drained her dry." My dad commanded, pulling me away. I blinked a couple times and looked at my bloody hands. I felt myself began to tremble. What...Am I? My dad tilted my chin up, making me look in his dark brown eyes. "Don't cry Joyce. Your moment to change everything has began." He said with a small smile. I looked at him in horror, but a part of me seem to long for that. To change everything. "We have to set out. Obviously they are going to look for her." My dad shouted, his voice echoing around the small cave. Everyone one nodded, and I followed after him slowly. I'm sorry..

                                         Sungje's POV: I ducked under more twigs and branches, cautious that Hansol didn't let them hit me again. We all were following each other in  a perfect straight line. "Sungje, what if were to late?" Lio whispered in my ear, making me look at him sharply. He might be right...Then what do we do then? "Were not. Were going to find her, and save her." I said determinadly. I looked at everyone to make sure they were keeping up. Tessah was trudging in front of Kido who looked concerned about her. I slowed my pace to walk beside her. "Were going to find her." I said also reassuring myself. "I..Want to apologize for being so mean.." She said suddenly, as we all fell silent. I forced a smile at her and wrapped my arm around her shoulder. "It's ok." I said softly. The sun started to set behind the trees, casting shadows behind every tree like children playing hide and go seek. "How about we all-" Hansol began, looking over his shoulder at us. Tessag cut him off, holding up her hand up with a horrified exression. "What? Do you see anything?" I asked grabbing a random stick, the first thing I could think of. She shook her head and slowly hopped on rocks as she began to cross a small stream. I looked at Kido who shrugged at me. "Really? A stick?" He asked as he passed me. I looked at my sorry excuse of a weapon. "You know, sticks can be very powerful." I said sticking my tongue out at him childishly. One by one, we hopped the stepping stones to get to the other side. "Hurry up." I groaned to Kido once more.

                               Tessah frowned at her soaked shoes that happened to get wet from misplacing her foot and missing the last barely invisible stone. She gasped and I followed her gaze. A huge cave loomed before us, the entrance having two spikes hanging down in the front. "What's wrong?" Hansol asked making his way over to her. "She's scared." I teased playfully. Usually she could take one of my jokes, but instead she looked at me angerily. "I'm not scared!" She yelled before grabbing the stick Iv'e been holding onto and wacking me with it. "Ow!" I whined rubbing my aching arm. "I just..." She began softly but she looked down. I looked at her concernedly. Whatever it is, it must be bothering her. I stood beside her and wrapped my arm around her shoulder, pulling her in towards me. "You just?" I asked sweetly. I looked at her intensely, making her look up at me. "I..I had a weird thing happen to me earlier. I had like some type of priminsion." She said with a shudder. We all fell silent. Priminision? "What did you see?" Kido asked curiously. "I saw Joyce in the woods. But my dad was there, and he like had fangs and red eyes and he bit her. She passed out and he took her away to..This cave." She said before looking over at the huge cave. I felt my jaw drop open in amazement. "Wow...So they must still be there." Sol said before taking a step foreword. 

                               "Maybe we should do rock paper scissors about who goes first." I said holding my arm out so that no one can go first. They all exchanged hidden looks. "You." They all said at the same time before shoving me foreword towards the gaping entrance. I let out a startled scream and quickly regained my balance as I stumbled clumsily. My scream bounced back to me loudly. "Come on guys." I said feeling uneasy standing their by myself. They all hesitantly followed me inside the cave. I was in the middle of Kido and Hansol with the others following closely behind. Rocks and other small pieces of dirt crunched under my feet and my shoes got soaked in the small puddles of water. I stopped as I heard a faint barely visible voice. I didn't say anything, I just held my arm straight out in front of them. They stopped but I continued to walk. I jumped and pulled out my silver blade from my boot. I pointed it at the shape of a shape of a person. "Help...Me.." The person choked out. I narrowed my eyes and went wide eyed. It is a person! "Guys come here!" I yelled, making them run towards me unstealthily. "Sungje, it's me...Miko." The person choked out. I gasped and looked down at her. It can't be. I could make out a puddle of blood that came from her. "What...Happened?" I asked softly. Everyone gathered around her, and Miko looked up at us. "It's a long story...And I don't have time. But you have got to find Joyce...And redeem gods precious gym  and heal the sinners.." She choked out before slowly laying still. I gasped.

                             Heal the sinners and redeem gods precious gym? Everyone was stunned with shock and silence. "She's gone..." I whispered, breaking the silence. Miko is the gods special savor of souls. She was sent down here to help us watch over Tessah and Joyce. Does she mean keep watching over them? Who could have killed a Angel so easily? I shuddered, fearing the worst. "It's all my fault...A innocent person died..." Tessah began to sob, making it echo around us. I got on one knee and rested my hand on her shoulder. I leaned in towards her and tilted her chin up. "This isn't your fault. Were going to fix this and find Joyce. No matter what, we will find her."  I repeated before wiping away her tears. She looked at me and her face turned slightly red. "Ok, thanks guys...For everything." She said before sniffling. We all nodded and I smiled. "Well, let's head out." I said softly. I stopped as there was the sound of roaring and hissing. I went wide eyed and felt my blood turn cold. "Axels!" I shouted before running towards the cave entrance. Everone followed me quickly, and I struggled not to trip over my own feet. Great...I can't fight them off without showing her my power. I looked at everyone else to make sure they were ok. Kido looked at one of the spikes and waved his hand slightly as we passed from underneath it, making it fall and hit a Axel. I smiled. 

                                   Tessah's POV: "Come on!" Kido yelled from behind me. I grunted and pushed my feet to the test, forcing myself to run faster. Everyone passed me easily, and I sighed with relief as we reached the outside of the cave. The last standing monster or Axel as they call it growled threatingly at us. Kido pushed me behind him protectively. He held up his gun straight out, only to have the creature charge at him. He went wide eyed and before he could react and before anyone else could help him, the monster collided into him. They both rolled on the ground in a jumble of weapons and claws and teeth. Kido groaned in pain as the monster slashed it's jet black claws along his shoulder, making blood ooz out of it. Sungje dashed foreword like lightning. He punched the creature hard, knocking it off Kido. The monster roared, revealing it's jutting teeth. Sungje didn't even look slightly afriad, he dashed foreword again and slid under it's feet, holding his blade in his hand. As he slid between it's legs, he lashed it's legs, making them fly away from it. It screeched a high pitched roar and fell on the ground. Sungje made a face in disguist and wiped the blood off his pale face. "Care to do the honors?" He asked Kido, handing him the silver gun. Kido nodded and grabbed the gun from him and pointed it at the creature that helplessly snapped it's jaws at us. He pulled the trigger, making me look away slightly. Everything went quiet and I took a deep breath. "Is everyone ok?" Kido asked even though he sounded in pain. 

                              We all nodded and we trudged through the dense woods once more. "Let's rest." Hansol said before stretching into a enermous yawn. I nodded and we all collasped to the ground. I pressed myself against a thick trunked tree and looked at the slices of sky that was visible past the leaves. Bright stars gleamed down on me, making me have hope. Hansol and Sol were gathering firewood, and Lio and Sungje were struggling to make Kido sit still as they struggled to treat his wound. I smiled and made my way over to them. "Ow...That hurts." Kido said sarcastically as Sungje gentle touched it. He looked at Kido hurt but sighed. "Well, your the one who decided to fight it by yourself." He repiled confusedly. I rolled my eyes while shooting a glance at Kido. "Well, if I didn't princess over here would have been dead." He said hotly, looking at me annoyedly. "I didn't ask for you to save me." I snapped. What's up with him? I was about to thank him to. "He wanted to be your heroic hero that saved you." Lio teased before making a kissy face. Kido flipped his dark bangs and narrowed his eyes. "Ew...No." He said flatly. I sighed heavily and made them both scoot out of the way. "I need some water, some type of cloth." I ordered observing the wound. "I don't need your help." Kido said sourly. "Well, this is my way of saying thank you." I said annoyedly. He looked at me dumbfoundedly and just sighed. Sungje saluted me childishly and ran off with Lio by his side. Kido watched me for a moment and quickly looked away.

                     "Iv'e...Been a jerk lately." He mumbled before studying his feet. I looked at him in shock. "I'm sorry." He apologized, his light blue eyes like ice. I blushed heavily. "It's ok, I have to." I said quickly. I'm not that mushy, unless I care super strongly for that person. I jumped as Lio and Sungje came speeding towards me. "Here you go." Sungje said handing me some water. I grabbed the cloth from Lio as well and dabbed it in the cold water. "Hold still." I ordered sharply. Kido just stared at me worriedly. I wiped the bloody wound, making more blood ooz out from it. It's going to need stitches...But this is all I can do. Kido grinnded his teeth together and glared at me. After I cleaned it, I wrapped it around his arm tightly. "Thanks." He said softly, looking down at his treated arm. My only reply was a dip of my head. I sat in front of the orange and red fire that burned brightly in front of me. It's warm heat drifted towards me, making me sigh. "Are you ok?" Sungje asked, sitting down on the ground beside me. I nodded and tucked my knees in close to my chest. "I'm just worried that's all." I explained softly. Sungje nodded and looked at the fire through his dark brown bangs. "I am to." He admitted before flashing his dazzling smile at me. I don't get him...He's so nice and understanding. But how and him and his friends are treated  isn't fair. I sighed and shook my head. Stop thinking. I jumped as he took off his leather jacket and layed it on me. I blushed and looked at him. "You better get some sleep. It's going to get colder tonight." 

                          And with that said, he climbed a thick trunked tree and sat on one of the thick branches while snanning the woods around us. I layed down and rested my head on my arm. The smell of his calone made me blush once more and I huddled down in his jacket and felt sleep buzz around me as I listened to the sound of the crackling of the fire. I jolted awake, at least I thought I was. I was surrounded by darkness, and I reached my arms out front of me to guide me. "Hello?" I called out, making it echo. No reply. I called out again, to only have a bright dazzling white light appear up ahead from me. I walked towards it and held my hand up so that the light didn't hurt my eyes. It was a girl with short black hair that made her look like a boy. She had dazzling light green eyes and white angel wings. "Are you.." I began and trailed off. "Yes, I'm Miko." The girl said with a small dip of her head. Before I could say anything, she cut me off. "You don't have much time. You need to look deep inside of yourself and set your soul free. Everyone needs you to..Even the bad and good things. And alloow yourself to feel..." She began and her voice began to fade like a song ending. "Your a savor, set yourself and your power free." She said before disappearing completely until only her voice echoed around me. I jumped and woke up once more. What was that about? I looked around at the sleeping faces. Save myself and set myself free? I looked into the fire once more. Savor...Like a angel? If I have to change something...I will.