Part 2

Cancer

The bell that signaled the end of the last period of the day rang, and kids from every class grabbed their books and pencils and scrambled out of classrooms. This a normal scene for every school. But a particular boy seemed more eager today. Before the bell could even finish its short ring, he was out of the classroom in a matter of milliseconds.

The boy—with blond silky hair and deep brown eyes—dashed to his locker and bumped into several students on the way. Apologizing over his shoulder, he did not stop running. When he had finally arrived at his locker, he was down on the ground panting like a dog. With one hand, he reach for his lock and spun his combination without even looking. Click. The lock unlocked. He peered into his locker with eyes glazed with excitement. He swiftly grabbed the textbooks he needed and stood p to load them into his navy messenger bag. Picking his phone up from a shelf in his locker, he carefully tucked it into a pocket and locked his locker. He laughed softly and fist pumped to himself before making a dash to the outdoor pool.

He pushed the doors to the changing room open and he got changed in a flash. This time he hung his bag in a changing room locker and locked it. He was out of the changing room in a minute and in the pool in another. His eyes darted back and forth, searching for a familiar tall hyung. The hyung suddenly appeared behind the frantic boy and tapped him on the shoulder lightly. Blond haired boy acutely turned around in surprise but a smile took over his features to greet another. He punched the darker haired boy playfully in the arm and stated, "You're late!"

The older one chuckled lowly and sighed. "No, you're just early."

The younger one puffed his cheeks and displayed a childish face. He shook his head and said, "Actually, we're both early."

Nodding, the older boy strode to the steps and climbed down into the water. Smiling, the younger one skipped closely behind and made it into the water too. A passerby would never have thought the younger one had a near death experience before with the look the boy had on his face now. The day before, he had successfully mastered the technique of floating. Albeit it took around four hours or so, it was a great record.

The black haired boy turned around and announced, "Today you'll try to actually swim. I don't think it'll be that hard. You can freestyle."

"Alright! So what do I do?" The eager boy clasped his hands and waited anxiously for instructions.

His mentor forced a giggle and scratched his head with one hand. "I don't really know how I should teach you, to be honest. You kinda just..... Whatever way you like...but it has to work."

Knitting his brows, the student contemplated a style he liked. ? No. Butterfly ? Ugh. Front crawl? Nnn... He realized that he wasn't really familiar with any style. With a hand cupped under his chin he decided that he would just and paddle in whatever way that kept him afloat.

"I'll just do whatever I like then. You can lecture me later." He told his lenient mentor who replied with a nod.

And for a hour of seriously doing whatever he felt like, he actually managed to acquire a little skill. Resurfacing from beneath water after swimming about sixteen meters, Taemin bobbed proudly in the water. Even though he only swam about half the pool's length, it was another great accomplishment. Feeling the same excitement, Minho screamed joyously with the now victory-dancing-Taemin. They swam towards each other and exchanged a underwater high-five.

Taemin laughed hysterically and spun around in circles continuously. His proud tutor gave the hyper boy a slap on the back and hugged him. His student leaned into the hug and squeezed his good friend tightly before retreating from his bear hug.

"Thank you so much, hyung! You helped me a lot!" He hugged his older friend around the neck and added, "You're such a good person."

His bashful friend ruffled the boy's hair and pulled away.

"You're embarrassing me, Taemin. I've only spent about...six hours supervising you. It was barely even teaching," he admitted honestly. But nonetheless, Taemin was grateful.

Taemin snatched the older boy's hand in his own and squeezed it. He beamed toothily at the boy in front of him and open his mouth wide to inhale a great volume of air. His tongue hit the roof of his mouth and he shouted, "YOU'RE ABSOLUTELY WONDERFUL, HYUNG!"

Minho quickly slapped his other hand over Taemin's half opened mouth and hushed, "Shhh! You're too loud! People are staring," he gesture behind the wired fence with a nervous expression.

Taemin pulled the hand off his face and he smirked. He dipped his hand into the water and brought them up in a quick motion, slashing the other with a fist full of water. He laughed childishly and added, "You really are the best, though."

Minho wiped the water droplets off his face in one long motion. He huffed and attacked Taemin with another wave of water. His eyebrows arched up and he grinned widely.

"You still think so?" He placed his hands on his hip leaned back in a provoking manner.

Taemin growled softly and inflated his cheeks into his famous blowfish pout. He got on his back and kicked water repeatedly in his hyung's face. Minho backed up and turned around.

When the kicking didn't stop, Minho just decided to hide underwater. He noticed that Taemin is still kicking at an empty space and giggled mentally. He walked closer towards him and tickled the boy on his sides. There was a quick reaction from the ticklish body. He jumped up and crashed harshly back down, his back colliding with the back of Minho's neck.

Minho winced. He pushed Taemin off of his neck and surfaced from the water, spilling water all over the place. His hand ran along his neck soothingly and he groaned huskily in pain.

Taemin, who got pushed onto the deck watched as Minho seethed in pain with alert eyes. They darted all over the boy's figure and scanned him head to toe for any harm he had caused, other than the ache he had caused upon the boy's back. When Minho had finally removed his hand from his nape, Taemin rushed towards the boy and questioned him.

“Are you okay?” He hauled the boy onto the deck and lightly patted the boy on the back, surveying the severity of the pain. His slim fingertips pressed down onto Minho's wet skin and slid back and forth on the same spot. His clear eyes searched the other one's eyes and asked again. “Does it hurt here?”

A pair of glossy eyes met with Taemin's lucid ones and greeted them with a handsome smile. The radiance of the smile had intimidate the clear ones so much, that the latter had gasped inwardly at the handsomeness. There was a tinge of jealousy inside of Taemin, because he knew he could never muster anything even close to the beauty of what he just saw.

“Got you, Taemin.” Minho chirped cheerily and pinched the blank faced boy on the cheek teasingly.

When the younger of the two still didn't make an effort to reply, Minho ruffled the boy's blond silky strands and gave him a questioning gaze.

Taemin's blank gaze became lively again. He hit his senior on the back of his neck and retorted, “That wasn't funny! I really thought you were hurt!”

Minho flinched a little from the hit and backed away. He held his hand up in defense and stated, “I really am hurt though! I think your elbow jabbed me.”

The blond haired boy's lips circled into an “o” and his eyes bulged slightly. But he quickly recovered and shot back, “You still shouldn't have tickled me. What would you do if I had drowned?”

Minho chuckled softly at the other boy's cute expressions and couldn't help but pinch the boy's cheek again.

“But you started it. What would you have expected?”

Taemin pouted at the fact that he did initiate the water fight. Though he wasn't going to admit it. There was no need too. They both knew very well about the fact.

He stood up and stuck his tongue out at Minho before marching out of the pool childishly.

Minho watched his retreating back and giggled at his random cuteness. And yet again, he was attacked with another random display of cuteness.

Taemin had hid behind the entrance's door and opened it ajar. He peeked through the gap timidly and shout, “Aren't you coming?”

Minho tightly bit his lips, sealing the laughter he felt coming up. He pushed himself off the tiled deck and ran to where the other boy was. His hand crept behind the door and whispered softly—to himself almost, “What am I going to do with you, Lee Taemin?”

But there was nothing he could do about him. He was already addicted to the Taemin's bright smile and moments of random