Chapter 3

Time Coffee

WooYoung stood behind the coffee bar, silently watching NichKhun and JunHo talking together. He really wants to know what they were talking about but he refrained himself to keep something call “dignity”. JunHo laughed hilariously when Khun’s face turned red slightly. At the end, JunHo nodded and Khun also bowed and paid before he left.

“ What did he said to you?”-WooYoung asked when the young waiter came back.

“Haha! Something really funny!”-JunHo smiled michiveously

“What!!”-WooYoung bounced up and down excitedly.

“Why do you want to know huh Mister-I’m-so-high-and-pride?”-the waiter pinched the owner’s cheeks and teased.

“Hey! Don’t you dare say to your boss like that!?”

“Okay ‘boss’”-he emphasized the last word to mock. “Then if you allow, I want to get back to my work please! Haha!”-JunHo said and walked away to take the order from those costumers who just walked in.

“What is it! Aish!”-WooYoung ruffled his hair.

The sunlight shined through the window, spreading its warmth to the small trees on it. Sparkles of lights danced its song on the wood block on the table, through the tiny little space between them. Something was different, a thing that hadn’t been there all along. A piece of paper, hiden carefully in the wood block.

---------------------------------

It was afternoon already. The sun was about to set. WooYoung sulked looking at how empty the coffee shop was. Actually , it was working as usual but it was empty because the one who is always here was now missing, WooYoung kept this pessimistic thought in his mind.

“It’s time for piano play WooYoung..MinJun hyung just called me and said he can’t come…again”-JunHo tried to put on an annoying face.

“Haiz”-WooYoung sighed. “It’s okay. I’m gonna play it.”-he said and walked toward the piano.

“Oh you own me big one!”-JunHo whispered to himself, smiling like an idiot.

WooYoung sat down and started to play his half-finished song. His eyes kept searching around, but he failed to find that school boy. Woo started to feel worried. “Has something happened to him? He usually turns up this time. He never missed our piano time?”

Bang! Woo suddenly hit the keyboard cause one of the key didn’t work. He pressed on it several times but still it didn’t work.

“Aish! Can this day get any worse? What’s wrong?”-He grunted and when behind the piano to check.

 A piece of paper. A box of gift. Who put it there, behind this dusty piano. Why haven’t WooYoung seen this before? Woo picked it up and blew the dust away.

For WooYoung.

“Huh for me?”-he asked himself and opened the box.

It was a Russian doll, a familiar toy from his past. No one knew about this. Except one, JunHo. He looked around. “Where the hell is that waiter?”-Woo asked but ignored and continued to look at the gift. A beautiful Russian doll. WooYoung likes to find the mystery inside every doll that is another doll. He opened the first doll, a white note was stuck on it. “Hi my crush!” –it said.

A smile was drawn on the puffy cheeks face. He managed to open the doll for another small doll with another note : “Walk four steps forward please! ^_^”. Woo followed. He walked four steps and reached a line of tables near the windows. Smiling again, WooYoung is quite sure where he needs to go without reading the next note. “Turn right and walked two steps forward.” A familiar table, with a very special wood block.

He opened the last doll, a serie of numbers were written: “24, 6, 30, 4, 7”. Woo was smart enough to understand its purpose. He sat down and started to pull out the wood bar that written those number.

“24, 6, 30, 4, 7”-he mumbled as he played.

The wood blocks remained still, but there was a hole , big enough for WooYoung to see the letter inside.

“Hello my crush.

You must recognize who I am right now. But still let me introduce myself. I’m NichKhun, a high school student and your very loyal costumer. This might be sudden but I think I’ve fallen in love with you Jang WooYoung. I loved you since the first day I see you, since the first time I heard you sing. My crush is really silly right? I can’t stop thinking about you know and I don’t think I can really hide my feelings any longer.”

WooYoung stopped reading as he heard the music started to play. It came from the piano. He raised his head and saw the most beautiful scene ever. All the lights in “Time Coffee” has been . The yellow sparkling light shone its way to a young boy, still wearing his uniform with his backpack behind. Khun looks at WooYoung lovingly and started to sing. Such a familiar tone, but this time, the lyrics were different.

“Even though we don’t really know each other,
Let’s hold hands and look at each other like right now
I really want to love you

Oh this is love, my heart is racing as I look at you
Oh I love you, I want to tell you today, I love you”

WooYoung chuckled and walked toward the piano boy.

“So you loved me huh?”-he folding his arms, asked Khun bossily.

“Uhm.”-Khun nodded, suddenly felt shy.

A pair of warm arms suddenly wrapped around Khun’s waist. He was so surprised he hardly breathed. The shorter leaned his head on Khun’s chest, hands intertwined after Khun’s back. The taller replied the hug, pulling WooYoung closer.

“I love you too babo, since the first day I met you.”-Woo said, guiltily smiling. A smile that never left his face ever since.

*flashbacks*

Two boys walked past the white door of “Time Coffee”. WooYoung turned his head to look at the new costumers, actually, his eyes just fixed on one.

“Hey boss, did that boy have your heart already?”-the waiter beside him teased.

“You punk! He’s just so handsome so I’m looking! That’s all ok!”-Woo spatted.

“Okay so do you want to take order for this handsome one?”

“NO! You go! I have something called “dignity” ok?”-he was just being y, deep down inside, Woo felt something tingling, his heart was truly beating faster than usual.

*kykykyky*

MinJun hyung said he couldn’t come. “What a great opportunity! I can show him my music!”-Woo thought. Even so, he was shaking nervously cause his first performance in front of this good –looking boy.

*kykykyky*

Day and day passed by WooYoung noticed NichKhun, the name he got when he told JunHo to go approached him, appeared frequently in “Time Coffee”. Without the taller’s notice, WooYoung sometimes peeked at him, staring at the small face with sparkling eyes. How can a person be so beautiful?

*kykyky*

He just pumped into Khun. Oh my gosh WooYoung couldn’t even believe how calm he was. He must be so nervous his face became so cold like that and he didn’t know what to say either. When Khun said he wanted to wait for JunHo, Woo’s heart twisted slightly. “Did I just ruin the whole thing?”-the thought filled his mind all the day until all the surprise started to going on.

*present*

“So without my notice, JunHo let you go in from the back door?”-Woo asked as he and Khun sat down and enjoy their very first date in “Time Coffee.”

“Uhm. Now both of us know that he was playing double-agent all the time!”-Khun teased, caressing his new boyfriend’s hair.

“That is good right?”-Woo innocently asked, unlike the cold WooYoung that Khun has mistaken.

“Yes. Loving you is good..It’s destiny right?”-Khun leaned forward to kiss Woo, their tounge intertwined for a while before they parted.

“Uhm”-Woo shyly his lips and replied. “But I think we have made our own destiny.”

The couple laughed through the night.Their laughter filled the air.  Their smile shone through the whole place.

Another new day is about to come for “Time Coffee.” A coffee shop where time stops only when you are with the one you love.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO KYG'S MAKNAE @_khunfused ! Love you forever and always babe! This one is for you! <3