Chapter 1

Time Coffee

Just the spray of sunlight passed through the thick cloud. A new day has come. In the corner of the street, a coffee shop switched to an “Open” sign. A boy wearing white T-shirt with blue jeans walked out. A smile appeared on his face. His eyes sparkled when seeing a blue bird singing on the trees. A new morning has come.

“Woof woof”- a dog came sniffing his nose . It makes the boy smile brighter.

“Hello Lucky!”-he said and leaned down to tap on the dog’s head. “It’s such a beautiful morning right? I hope great thing will come to our shop today. Let’s go!”

He walked in to prepare the chairs and table. Within an hour, grinded coffee smell filled the whole place. In the breeze of the morning, customers flood in to have a warm coffee. Each time a door open, a small wind-bell ring a happy sound. Morning sun shines on the name board : “Time Coffee”

--------------------------------

“NichKhun, hurry up!”

“Coming!”-two boys are running. Both of them were still in uniforms with simple white shirt and kakis. But that doesn’t make them any less handsome. One boy name is TaecYeon. His hair is short, cut nicely to show his forehead. A smart boy indeed. The other is NichKhun. His fringe cover most of his face, still he still has that kind of charming look. A baby face that gets all the girls in the world fall for him.

“So what’s new?”-NichKhun asked.

“There’s a coffee shop down the street. Wanna go try it?”-TaecYeon offered.

“Okay then. Any girl you get your eyes on?”-Khun asked, knowing his best friend too well. He would never suggest going to any place except the club if not for girls.

“Hey , don’t think bad about me like that bro! I heard the coffee here is good. That’s all”-Taec frowned.

“Who knows!?”-NichKhun laughed as they walked toward the “Time Coffee”

------------------------------------

The door ring open. Inside the coffee shop is a cozy atmosphere. White tables are well-organized. Window base filled with small pots of tree. In the middle of the room, there is a piano. Around it, there are some sofas. There are tables on the corner too, for those who needs a private place.

Taec and NichKhun sat down on the table near the window. NichKhun found himself really interested in this place. This peaceful atmosphere and the design of the shop. He wondered who is the owner of this beautiful coffee shop.

“What? You are absent today? Why?”-a young boy’s voice caught Khun’s attention – “You’re sick? Ok, I understand hyung, I will cover up for you….What? I’m not as good as you MinJunnie”-he blushed when he said that. Just in a split second, that moment to NichKhun looks so cute.

“May I take your order?”- the waiter has come to their table while Khun was busy staring that boy.

“One frappuchino and one Americano please”-Taec answered.

“Ok . I’ll bring your drinks in a minute.”-the waiter smiled brightly and left. In the corner of his eyes, Khun noticed the name tag of the waiter. “Hmm. Lee JunHo.”-he thought.

NichKhun has a weird habit of noticing details. That’s why he is the nerd in the class with high scores and stuff. Taecyeon in the opposite is the play boy, and a curious one too.

“Look Khunnie, this place even has a game on each table.”-Taec said excitedly like a child.

Khun looked down and saw a small block made of wood bars. It’s a typical game but very fun to play. You have to pull the bar out one by one without breaking the block. Another game that Khun likes. Another similar point he has with the owner of “Time Coffee.” They were just about to start the game while waiting the coffee when Khun heard the mic sound.

“Hello everyone. If you are frequent costumer of “Time Coffee” I guess you already know this hour is music hour. But since MinJun, our singer is absent today so I, Jang WooYoung, the owner of this place,  will replace him to play for you. I’m not as good as him but I hope you will enjoy.”-he said and sat down to play piano.

The piano sound echoed all around the shop. Beautiful notes of the song NichKhun has never known, but he loved it already.

“Our love started as if it was child’s play
With a sweet chocolate cookie, our lips touched

Any other love, any other memories
I don’t remember them, every night, I dream of you

Oh this is love, my heart is racing as I look at you
Oh I love you, I want to tell you today, I love you”

WooYoung sang the song with all his heart. The way his fingers ran across the keyboard, the way his lips curved a smile to the audience. His voice was so good, like a lullaby. Khun’s heart was literally racing just like the lyrics of the song. He stared at WooYoung like he had known the boy for all his life. Those small eyes and cute puffy cheeks. The way the wind blew slightly and flew some strain of WooYoung’s hair. Does this boy an angel cause to NichKhun he is showing his aura? Everything around him was blurred. The only thing NichKhun can see right now is WooYoung. Oh no, don’t tell him he is in love!

“Thank you.”-WooYoung finished his song and a round of applause awarded him. A satisfied smile on his face. Did NichKhun mention how beautiful it is? That smile. Oh dear, it is really love at first sight. The boy in white T-shirt walked away, leaving Khun still blushing as after-effect.

“Hey dude, what’s wrong with you?”-Taec asked when he saw Khun acted weirdly.

“Huh.”-Khun replied and sipped a mouthful of the coffee they just brought out. “Nothing.” He knew his best friend would certainly make jokes at him if he said he just fell in love with an coffee shop owner, who he just met like for less than five minutes.