Reality 1

Hold On To Me

“I’m breaking up with you.” My voice was so sharp and clear that it would cut through glasses. I know he was devastated by the statements I just made.

“What? Why? Please don’t be like this. What have I done wrong?” He asked, gently caressing my hand.

“I just can’t Yixing. I thought by staying by your side would make us happy, but I need to stop pretending. It’s over. I can’t take it anymore.” I sobbed, turning away from him.

“We have been together for years, ­­___. Do you know how much difficulties we went through just to be where we are right now? You can’t stand seeing other girls swoon over me don’t you? But you said you are able to bear all of those. They’re just fans. But you are my soulmate. Please don’t do this to me, ___. I beg you.” His eyes turned red, his voice are cracking. I can feel that he is going to cry as well.

“I'm so tired of our relationship. I had enough. Please Yixing, just let me go." I pleaded.

“No. I won’t. This isn’t you to simply break up with me. You weren’t in your right mind. I will talk to you tomorrow.” He replied, walking towards the main door of my apartment.

“Yixing please! I wouldn’t be here by tomorrow. I’m going to move out.”

“What?? You even think of running away from me?!” He snapped.

I lied. I have to lie so that he will not come back to see me tomorrow. We have to settle this right now. I had enough. I just hope that by breaking up with him is the right choice for us. I need to move on and he needs to focus on his career.

“­­­___, why are you doing this to me? You know how much we’ve been through. It's not like we're drifting apart. Why we need to break up? Tell me. Please, I know you wouldn’t make such hasty decision. There must be a reason why are you being like this.” He said.

I gulped. I really can’t lie, especially not infront of Yixing. He knew me very well.

“Yixing, you have all those fans supporting you. Even if we break up, they will always be there for you. They deserve your love and attention. I am just, a person who is sharing my boyfriend with everybody else.” I sighed.

“Are you out of your mind??” He yelled. Yixing never yelled. I was taken aback when his fierce look appeared out of nowhere.

“Please listen to me Yixing. I’m really happy whenever I went to your concert and I see banners that your fans put up for you. I’m happy that people appreciates you. This is your dream.” I paused. “To be honest, few days ago a very good friend of mine confessed to me that she likes Lay. She likes you so much that she spent thousands of dollars just to see you. Whenever I see her, she will talk about you. Of course she doesn’t know that I am your girlfriend. But I feel like I’m betraying her. The fact that a close friend of mine saying things about you, makes me feel bad. I feel bad that I have to lie to her, and I feel bad for myself because I have to face all these people that I've known, saying things like how much they love you. It hurts. Reality just hits me, Yixing. I really need to share you with everybody else. I can't keep up with this anymore.” I explained.

I know I am being selfish. I truly understand his career. I never got jealous when his fans confessed their love to him. He is an idol, he belongs to everybody. But since my best friend starts worshipping my own boyfriend, it's kinda messed up and I took it personally.

“So you’re breaking up with me just because your good friend likes Lay? Damn it ___! I’m Yixing. I am the person who has been with you at the very first place. And you are the first person who has been with me all along! Just because she likes Lay, you want to end our relationship? This is crap. I’m not buying this. I will not let you go. Never!” He shouted. From being sad and desperate, he turned to rage.

I was surprised. He never raises his voice to me, ever.

“But Yixing, we can’t do this anymore. I can’t betray all those around me. I can’t stand when people I know in real life talking stuff about you like they know you better than I do. I can’t help it. This is the real world, Yixing. We made it this far, you achieved your dream. Now it’s time for us to let go of each other. You’ve made it this far, Yixing. Now find your own happiness. I can’t help you anymore.” I cried.

Yixing pulled me hard to his chest. I can hear his heart pounding.

“No. You are dead wrong. I will not let you go just because your friend likes my on-stage persona.” He said, stern in his voice.

I was about to push him off me, when I felt his hands pulled my face and he crashes his lips against mine.