The Tragedy

I owe you a Love Song
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"So, after everyone moved to Japan, you were left alone?" Luhan asked as he take a sip of his drink. Haeun nodded and wipe with a soft tissue on her side. Goddamn it! Even the tissue here looks so expensive!

"Basically." she said. Luhan nodded. 

"That means, you're the only person in your apartment unit?" he asked. Haeun nodded. Isn't that still clear? They've been on that topic since they went here and now they're still there.

"Anyway, how's Yeye?" she asked. 

"Good. he's becoming very obssess about golf." he chuckled and continue to sip on his drink. The drink that cause a fortune. Haeun look at Luhan intently, his overall appearance is so different with her's. His clothes and everything about him is just expensive, and even if she work hard forever, she can't buy things he can buy in a single click. Her cheeks produce red tint, she's so embarass being with him, not that he has something wrong with him, but it's definitely because of her appearance. She's wearing a casual like a sweater that she brought at Gangwon market, that has a Guess! (?) print on it, her favorite pair of jeans, oh well, she only has one pair of jeans for crying out loud, and an unwashed converse that is full of mud on her last trip with Yurim, at Busan. 

Luhan realized Haeun being so awkward and uncomfortable. 

"Don't you like the coffee?" he asked with a serious face. Haeun shook her head and sip on it like it's the most delicious drink she've ever tasted.

"Is it the strawberry cake?" he asked. Haeun look at it and wave her hands 'no'. She turn to eat it like it's her first time eating a cake. She then remembered her two brothers, they love strawberry cake so much! The her eyes lost it's spark without her knowing. She look at Luhan and found him staring at her, maybe asking for some questions inside her eyes what's up.

"No, Luhan, I'm fine. I... I just spaced out for a moment there." she said. Luhan look around and called the manager of the cafe. Haeun was confused why did her do that. But when he speak up, her ears and eyes can't even believe it!

"Is this how you run your business here? Cheap tasting food and coffees!" Luhan growled. The manager immediately bowed, like his respect towards Luhan's actions will cause his life.

"This is not professional at all. Just what kind of foods are you trying to sell?" he shouted at the manager. Haeun stand up and tried to calm Luhan down, though she has no idea how, or if he will ever calm down. Luhan look at her and her close his eyes for a while. 

"Luhan... You... You don't need to do this." she muttered weakly. Luhan glared at the manager and grab Haeun's hands. But before they left, Luhan turn to the manager.

"I am not done here, remember that." he said. He pulled Haeun with him and they ended up inside his car. Haeun prevent herself from breathing heavily. She's kinda afraid of what he can do. He have it all, money, fortune and everything a person can ask for. He can almost do anything he wish.

"I'm sorry back there. I brought you in a bad cafe. Don't worry. I'll just bring you in a nice restaurant I own." he said. Haeun's eyes widened. Well, what can be more shocking? He owns many business and buildings, so what does she expect?

"Why did you get mad back there?" she asked. Luhan start up the engine and didn't answer Haeun.

"W..what will happen to them?" she ask more. Luhan is getting confuse on what Haeun is acting.

"You don't like the foods there right? Well, they don't deserve to continue  a business with that kind of foods." he said. Haeun shook her head, she can't believe what he said.

"With just like that?!" she asked. Luhan nodded. 

"It's too much! What will happen to those people's families?" she asked. Luhan focus his mind and eyes on driving. He don't want to argue with Haeun's principles. She's just being like this because she grew up being poor. Her belief in restoring humanity is strong.

"Luhan!! People like them don't deserve it!! I like their foods!!!" she half shouted. Luhan pulled his car on a side. He face Haeun with that pissed glare he gave her the moment they met.

"I don't really need to hear speculations or your principles in life!! It's already done! I am going to fire all of those s and will take down their business!" he growled in front of her face. Haeun was taken aback. Did she speak up too much? Are they going back to being enemy? 

"But it's too much." she softly said. Luhan scoffed.

"That's because you don't know how business works." he said. Haeun look at him like he said a joke but it's not funny.

"I have a small bakery. I do know how it works out, well, atleast a little." she said. Luhan laughed with that, well, that's funny! How can a baker know how massive business like his business works?

"Oh trust me! You don't have any idea!" he said. Haeun felt her short temper slowly reach it's boiling point. Luhan's head is really begging to be smacked! Her fist tighten. Right! She have no idea how that things work out. 

"Is that all that you can think?!!" she almost cried when she said that. Luhan chuckled and pointed her head and upper chest.

"Use your head not your heart. Being nice to others won't get you anywhere." he said. Haeun paused for a while. What the ing hell is this guys blabbering?! 

"It will!!!" she hissed back. Luhan laugh out loud, insulting the hell out of Haeun.

"To where? Heaven? Please!" he said. Haeun can't take it anymore. Being friends with this guy is just impossible!! She open the door of his car and slamed it after she got out. She doesn't know why people like that exists. 

Luhan got annoyed with what she did. He doesn't get her at all. He actually did that for her and that's the very first time he did so. And now, this is what he gets, he decided that going after the raging Haeun will be the best to maybe, save their friendship whatsoever like that.

"Hey! What are you doing? Did you get mad?!" he asked. Haeun didn't make a turn to face him. She's too busy thinking about those fired employees' families. What about their kids? Where will they go?

"Hey! Alright! I won't do anything anymore. I'll leave them alone!" he shouted. Haeun stopped walking. That's the exact thing she wants to hear from him but she can't force herself to look at him right now. She doesn't even know why. Why is she acting this way?

"Hey! Let's just get back inside my car and go to the restaurant. Please?" he asked. Haeun scoffed and that's when she look at him.

"You promise you'll leave them alone?" she asked. Luhan sighed deeply. Then he raise his right hand.

"I promise!" he replied. Haeun nodded, though she's not really sure about what he said, she's kinda sure that he won't break his promise.

She kick an invisible rock and look at Luhan, who's waiting for her in front of his car. She then bit her bottom lip.

"I'm sorry alright?" she said. Luhan smiled at her and he suddenly thought that for a moment, they're both acting like a couple. He didn't notice a smile crept to his face while he's looking at her. 

"Don't break your promise!" she pointed at him and went inside his car. He was left outside, feeling his smile went bigger.

<
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter