Someone to talk to.

How to Appreciate Somebody

(Taemin’s POV)

UGH. I am so annoyed right now!

 

Seriously, ever heard of personal space? I need to breathe.

 

Now why, would I, Lee Taemin, be annoyed?

 

Simple.

 

Hyung-deul have been breathing down my back the last two weeks because of one reason.

My birthday. I’m turning 19 Korean age, but 18 internationally (I’ll be legal in many countries!).

 

But hyung-deul have been suffocating me, bothering me about the celebration and what not.

 

For example, Key umma has been fussing over my clothes. He’s been coming up to me with colourful swatches and paper prints of clothes that were available at the store. “This colour looks good, but what about this fabric?” “These look good…separately. Maybe I should buy these pants for myself,” “Hey Taeminnie, what do you think about this?”

That last question was only complementary, Key hyung didn’t actually listen to what I had to say and walked off. Is it really necessary? I mean, I look good in anything I wear because all my clothes suit me well.

 

Minho hyung is in charge of activities. So he’s been pulling me along when he finds a ‘fun’ game that the guests can play. “Taemin ah, come on! We have to try this out.” “No, that’s not how you do it. You’re supposed to clap your hands first then do the action!” “Taemin, you don’t look so excited to play. How will everyone else want to play if the birthday boy looks bored?”

No.Duh.Hyung. why are you even planning these games? They are all childish. Who would want to play anyway, no one’s a kid anymore! You are trying too hard for things that will be of no use.

 

Of course, Jonghyun hyung is in charge of music. He majors in music so it wasn’t a question that he was up for it. Hyung doesn’t ask me anything about the music which I’m not annoyed about but the fact that I don’t know what he’s going to play makes me nervous. I don’t want to play hard rock songs or ballads. I want dance songs to liven up the place.

I barely even see hyung anymore. It’s like he hides in his room or something. But on the few occasions that I have seen him, he would stare at me for the longest time then disappear. I don’t even want to think about it.

 

Onew hyung has to prepare the food. He is ordering the takeout and has to place and order for the cake. He’s been very secretive of the menu and not even Key hyung knows about it. Whenever I ask, he just gives me a look. “You have to wait and see.” “You’re cake will be the best. Hehehehehe.”

I’m most worried about hyung. First off, hyung isn’t the best cook (I don’t think I’ve ever seen him cook anyway) and second, he’s crazy about chicken! Chicken, chicken, chicken, CHICKEN everywhere at the party. Oh god, what if he gets a CHICKEN CAKE? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

 

 

“Argh, I just want some time to myself.” I said and leaned back on the bench in front of the apartment building I live in with hyung deul.

 

I turn my head to see a girl stare at me blankly. I stared back. It was almost scary how her eyes were so dark they looked black. Is that normal? We stared at each other for a while until I could feel my eyes start to water. I blinked. You win this time. “It’s annoying.” I muttered. Don’t think I’m talking to myself people, I’m actually holding a conversation with this girl. Yeah I do know her, I know better than to talk to strangers. This girl goes to my school, we have the same classes but we’re not really close…or friends for that matter.

 

“When I step into our dorm it’s so busy. It feels like I entered a storm.” I tell her. Honestly, I’ve been telling her all my troubles with the hyungs. I don’t know when and how it started but whenever I see her on this bench, we talk. Well, I talk. She doesn’t say a thing. I haven’t heard her talk actually. But I know some things about her. She’s an orphan, her parents died when she was young and she lives alone. She only has a few friends from what I was told and I bet you they are all out of the country enjoying summer. Maybe that’s why I am so comfortable with her. She’s a loner and she can’t tell anyone I know about what I say to her.

 

I shake my head and look at the sky. It was a clear sky. “I just wish they would back off.” I sigh and get up, heading back to the dorm. “Bye.” I said and as I leave I see her nod her head. Geez, at least give me a wave or smile. She turned back to look at the field. Doesn’t she have anything better to do? 

 


first chap up! i have the next one typed up already, though its short.

I want to see if anyone will read this ^^

lookie at these pics I saw!

 

 

 

WAE U SO ADORABLE?