Challenge Accepted!

30 Days

SEHUN'S POV

"Alright. Thank you for applying a job on us. You will be notified if you are accepted through phone call or email this week. If you will not receive any phone call or email from us this week, sorry but it means you are not qualified."

"I understand. Kansahamnida."

I stood up from the chair and went out of the room. When I made my way out of the establishment, I checked the time on my phone and it's already seven in the evening. That's when hunger striked my tummy. I left and walked away from the establishment.

I am Oh Sehun, 19 years old, a high school graduate. I live by myself at a cheap apartment here in Seoul. My parents are working overseas. They told me that the income is much better outside South Korea ... but I can't feel it. This day, I spent all of my time looking for a decent and proper job to pay for my living. In that way, I can help my mom and dad a little. But all of them just told me that wait for our call this week which really pissed me off. Why can't they say if I am accepted or not immediately?! Aish. My requirements are also complete! I gave them what they need!

The cold breeze of wind comforted me as I walked down the road. Along the way, I passed a lot of different fine-dining restaurants. My mom and dad never brought somewhere like those. Couples are also on the way. But being lovey-dovey is not my interest right now. What I need is work! I really need to have a work because if I find a good job and earn lots of money, mom and dad will come back here and I won't be alone anymore. I'm sick of eating ramyun every morning! I need to become rich! Money is the most powerful thing in this world!

My feet stopped walking when my eyes saw a wallet accidentally dropped by a man who was walking ahead of me. My eyes stared at the wallet, thinking what should I do. Should I take it or return it? The good side of me won and I picked up the wallet.

"Ahjussi!"

I yelled at him. He turned and looked at me.

"What is it?"

"Here. You dropped this."

A smile was plastered on his face. When I saw his face, I thought he is in his mid-40's and I think I'm right. He took the wallet and checked it if anything's missing.

"Don't worry. I didn't take anything."

"Thank you so much kid!"

"I'm not a kid anymore!"

"Here, take this as a token of my gratitude."

He said when he took out cash from his wallet.

"No. It's not a big deal. I'm just trying to help."

"I like that attitude! How about I'll treat you in a dinner tonight?"

 

"Let's go to a fastfood chain and have dinner."

"Woahhh!!! Umma, get ready. Appa said we'll eat outside!"

"Nae."'

 

Suddenly, a flashback entered my mind. I still can't forget that night when dad asked mom and I out to eat dinner. It was the first and last time before they left me alone here in Seoul. Due to the hunger I felt that night, I agreed to the older man's offer. We spent a few walks and we reached his car which was parked not too far from where he dropped his wallet. Inside the car, while he was driving, we talked a lot and shared different stories. I introduced myself to him and told him my background, also my current state and about my parents who were working abroad.

Few minutes passed and we arrived at a restaurant. Just by looking at the exterior of it, it can be considered as one of those fine-dining restaurants. He parked the car first and we entered inside. That was the first time I entered a fine-dining restaurant. I admired the beauty and elegance inside along with the serene music being played. He picked the spot where we will sit. When we reached our table, he made an order immediately. He asked me what I want but I told him that anything's fine since I don't have any idea on the menu.

Another set of minutes passed and our orders arrived. While we are eating, he suddenly offered me a challenge. A challenge that will change my life.

"So from the looks of you, I can say that you came from a- no offense -poor family. Am I right?"

"Yeah. I can't go to college because our family is short in income."

"How about I give you a job ... or shall I call it ... a challenge? What do you say?"

"What is it?"

"I have a son who is living on his own. HIs mom, my wife, is living in America for our business. I live away from my son because of my job. It is too far from here. I visit him once a week to check if everything is okay."

"So do you want me to live with him?"

"No. Listen. My son is not growing what I want him to be. He is so soft. Very soft. I don't want him to be like that because someday, he will be the one to manage our business."

"Business?"

"Yeah. I want him to become a tough and strong man! A REAL man!"

"Real man?"

"From his actions, I think he is ... gay. He has too much aegyo! That's not right for a man, right?"

"So ahjussi, let's get to the point. What do you want me to do?"

"Turn him into a real man. Make him strong and act like one! I will give you 30 days."

"And what do I get in return?"

"If you are able to turn him into a real man in 30 days, I can give you what you want! Go for college, go overseas to your parents, anything! Just make my son a real man!"

"Hehe. That's a VERY easy job! Alright! I'll accept your offer!"

He took out a pen and paper and wrote something on it. He gave it to me and I saw the address where his son lives. His and his son's phone number was also there. We continued eating and after a few minutes, we finished our meal. He paid first before we went out of the restaurant.

"I think you can go home by yourself."

"Yeah. Don't worry."

"Alright. I'll go first. You will start tomorrow."

"Tomorrow?!"

"Yes. Is anything wrong?"

"No. Nothing."

"Another thing. You will stay at his place for 30 days so pack your things when you got home, okay? Send me a message if you have questions. By the way, I am Mr.Lu. Good luck! I'll go first."

With that, he entered his car and left me standing there. I stared back to the paper he gave me. I read carefully the address written on it. Why did he choose me for this task?! That question popped on my mind. How can he trust me when he just met me tonight? Aigoo. I think I should hide this from mom and dad for the meantime. I checked the phone number written on the paper. Beside the phone number is the name of the owner. I read the first one and it's Mr.Lu's phone number. Under it is another phone number and the name beside it reads- Lu Han.

 

 

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Here's the 1st Chapter :D I'm so thankful that this fic got a lot of subscribers even before I made a chapter :) Please leave your comments and subscribe! :) Thankssssssssssss ♪ ♥