2

Cracking For Us

*knock knock*

Both of the girls stop their chat and look at the door. Seohyun decides to open the door. "Eo? Hyojin ahjuma."

Taeyeon slightly peeks to see who it is and sits after make sure it's Seohyun's maid. "Ahjuma called us to have brunch. Come on."

She cleans the messy stuffs on her bed and comes down with her bestfriend beside.

"Ahjuma, I'm sorry I couldn't help you to prepare the meal for this brunch as usual. We had to do the assignments, so.. yeah," Seohyun takes her sit and hung her head low, staring the table.

Aunt Hyojin gives her a motherly smile. "No, it's okay. Aigoo, it's my job, Seohyun-ah."

"But still, since Taeng is my guest afterall."

Taeyeon looks clueless and takes the chicken pastry on the plate. "Hm! This is so delicious!" Taeyeon squeaks silently.

"Aigoo, Taeng is our family afterall. It's not a big deal. See? Taeng likes it, right?" Aunt Hyojin smiles at Taeyeon. Instantly, she replies Aunt Hyojin's smile with her full-teeth-smile.

"Don't felt bad, okay? Now eat the pastries. Don't leave any leftover, girls." Seohyun grabs Aunt Hyojin's hand before she goes to sink to wash the dishes.

"Let's eat together, hm?" Seohyun plead with her round eyes. One of Aunt Hyojin's weakness, she can't refuse Seohyun's plead. She sits on the chair beside Seohyun and eat the pastries with the girls.

Seohyun suddenly stops chewing. Aunt Hyojin notices that and taps on her hand. "Seohyun-ah. What's wrong?"

"I wish you're my mother."

It becomes silent. Everyone knows that Seohyun's parents are busy all the time. When they're back home, they wouldn't spend time with her. That's the use of their Office Room. Each of them have one. When the mother is at west, the father will be at east.

If it's not because of Aunt Hyojin, Seohyun probably become a wild kid like most of the other teenagers now. Drinking, partying, drugs. No. It's not a reason Seohyun can act like that. For 20 years old, Aunt Hyojin has been part of their family. She knows Seohyun too much and she's assume her like her own daughter.

"Thank you," Aunt Hyojin softly squeezes Seohyun's hand and smile. It's not the first time Seohyun said like that. "Uhm. Ahjuma."

Aunt Hyojin turns her head to look at Taeyeon. "Yes?"

"Can I take some of these home? It's so delicious!"

They laugh out loud. "Of course, sweety. I'll pack too for your family, hm?"

"Okay!" Taeyeon makes an 'okay' sign and grins.