Awake (Hoseok's Version)

Young, Wild, and Free (BTS Oneshots) {HIATUS}

A/N: second one~! ^^

The clock struck twelve. Eunbi came running down the stairs with her jacket on. She was so adorable. Hoseok picked her up and pinched her nose a bit before saying, “Now Eunbi, you know better. Don’t run down the stairs. It’s dangerous.”

“Sorry, Dadi.” she squeaked. Her voice was so high pitched. Before Hoseok could even speak, Eunbi had begun talking, “Dadi, today we see Mami, yes?”

Her broken Korean strummed at his heart. “Yes, baby.” he said as he walked to the car. He helped Eunbi get buckled in before he got in the car himself and smiled. He had missed you, and it was weird to think that it had already been 2 years. Though he knew that you couldn’t respond to him, he still went to you first for all of his troubles. He drove up to the house next to yours and honked the horn. Eunbi giggled as she saw someone coming out. “Ah! It’s oppa!”
Hoseok frowned. “Did he tell you to call him that?”
Eunbi nodded furiously as Jungkook slid into the car. Jungkook was the son of your brother, technically making him Eunbi’s cousin. Last year, Jungkook told Hoseok he wanted to come to the hospital with him and Eunbi.

“Hey hyung.” Jungkook grinned.

Hoseok rolled his eyes. “Why did you tell Eunbi to call you oppa?” he asked the younger as he pulled off the curb.

“Well, what else can she call me?”

“Cousin. Because that’s what you are.”

“Hyung, you’re too formal.”

Hoseok laughed at that. On the ride there, Jungkook played “I Spy” with Eunbi until they arrived at the hospital.

“Okay Eunbi, come on!” Hoseok smiled. Eunbi jumped into Jungkook’s arms. “Dadi, can oppa carry me? Pleaseeeee?”

Hoseok huffed. “Oh alright. But only this once, okay?”

Eunbi nodded furiously as they walked into the hospital.

Hoseok had a reputation amongst the nurses and doctors. He was always so bright and happy, as was Eunbi. When word got around of why he was visiting the hospital, people respected him even more because he always had such a big smile on his face.

Jungkook, Hoseok, and Eunbi were about to enter the room when 3 nurses ran out of it, exclaiming happily. They all looked at each other quizzically until a woman, with long dark hair came out wearing a patient’s dress. She looked at Hoseok and smiled and Hoseok felt his heart melt because he hadn’t seen your smile in a long time.

“Dadi, is that Mami?” Eunbi asked excitedly.

Hoseok nodded as he walked towards you.

“Babe...you’re awake.”
“Babe? Who are you?”

Hoseok felt his smile falter a bit. He hadn’t expected you to be so blunt with that question, though he had expected you to ask it. “Your husband. I’m your husband. And that little girl there is your daughter. The other boy is your nephew.”

You smiled. “I have a husband who is this handsome?”
Hoseok laughed. You were always such a charmer. “You know, I was thinking the same thing about my wife.” he paused. “And when did you wake up?”
“A few minutes ago, according to the doctors. But since all my stats are normal they said I could walk around. Care to take a walk?”

Hoseok hooked his arm in yours and set off.

“So.” you said after a few minutes. “Can you tell me your name? My name is ___.”
“Yes, I knew that. Mine is Hoseok.”

You nodded. “And what happened? To me, I mean.”
“Well, we got into a car accident on the way home from a hospital visit. It was raining really hard. The ambulance was backed up in traffic so I carried you over to the hospital myself. The doctors took you-you were 8 months pregnant-and they gave me some towels to dry myself off. The next time I saw the doctors, they were letting me hold Eunbi in my own arms. She was so small back then. They told me that, in order for Eunbi to live, they had to perform a c-section on you. If you lift your shirt, the scar will probably still be there.”
You lifted your shirt a bit cautiously and found that indeed, there was a small line running across your stomach.

“So let me get this straight...Eunbi...she’s mine?”
Hoseok pushed a strand of your hair back and smiled. “Correction: she’s ours.”

You laughed. “It’s going to be very fun remembering who I am with you around Hoseok.”

Hoseok chuckled. “And I’ll always be around for you, ___.”

Jungkook made a fake gagging sound. “You two are gross.”

You turned and stuck your tongue out. “Just wait until you fall in love, Kookie!”
Jungkook laughed. “That won’t happen in a long time, Noona.”
Hoseok his teeth. “You never know~.”