Awake (Jin's Version)

Young, Wild, and Free (BTS Oneshots) {HIATUS}

A/N: The bts scenario blog that I am a co-admin for got a request for quite a complex little drabble, for three of the members. I will be posting all the answers here! I also won't reveal the prompt until the last part of the trilogy ^^ 

(this is the link to the blog if you want to check it out: bulletproof-bangtan~)

It was the anniversary again. Every year, Jin took this entire week off to visit you. He was still really torn up inside about it. Jaeyoung looked at him innocently this year though. She was turning 2. She had your eyes. The eyes of a woman who knew more than she should. Jin took her small hand and was buckling her into her car seat when she looked up to him and said, “Dada. It’s today?”

Her words were like knives, and Jin always knew that she would catch on early. Rather than denying it, he just nodded soberly. “Yes Jae. It’s today.” Jaeyoung, in response, leaned over and kissed her father’s cheek. For 10 minutes after that, he let his tears fall, but only for 10 minutes. After that, he wiped his tears away, got in the driver’s seat and headed out for the hospital.

The time between leaving the house and arriving at the hospital wing was a blur but somehow, he made it. He went up to a nurse, the nurse who had been his best friend through this whole process. The nurse turned his delightfully cheery Taehyung. He was a young nurse, but he was also cheery. When Taehyung saw Jin, Jin broke into a half smile and Taehyung grinned back at him. Taehyung hoisted Jaeyoung up into his arms and she giggled.

“Tae oppa!” she exclaimed and Taehyung, before Jin even asked him, began to walk towards room 309.

“How are you, Jae?” Taehyung asked as he walked.

She grinned. “I’ve been good! I turned 2 yesterday, oppa~.”

“Yeah I know! How was your birthday party?”

“I got all my friends to pray for Mama.”

Taehyung’s eyes widened a bit before smiling. “That’s quite the feat.”

Jae smiled proudly. “I know!”

Jin placed his hand on Taehyung’s shoulder. “I told you didn’t I?” he whispered. “She’s different.”

Taehyung nodded as they approached the room. He swiped his nurse ID through the scanner and pushed the door open. Jaeyoung was always silent during these things, but she screamed when the door was pushed open.

Jin sat there, staring as he saw that his wife was sitting up, her hair tied in a neat bun, and her eyes focused on the book laid out in front of her. When Jaeyoung screamed, she looked up and quirked her head. “Taehyung-ah, I didn’t know that you had a daughter.”

Those words hit Jin very hard and he in a breath, almost dizzied by their effect. He blinked, looking from you to Taehyung.

He went over to Taehyung and whispered furiously, “Tae, what’s going on?”

“She woke up yesterday, hyung. I can’t believe the hospital didn’t notify you.”

Jin glanced over at his wife, who was giving him a puzzled look. Jin turned to Taehyung quickly. “But...why doesn’t she remember me?”

Taehyung his teeth. “It’s a common side effect of being knocked on your head. You lose memory. Don’t worry, it’ll definitely come back if she’s already woken up. For now, just go talk to her.”

For some reason, this sounded much easier when Taehyung said it. Jin grabbed Jaeyoung’s hand and led her to his wife. You looked down at the girl and smiled a bit. “She’s so pretty.”
Jin didn’t mean to say it, but he blurted out, “She gets it from you.”
You looked up at him. “Excuse me?”
Jin put your daughter onto your lap and sighed. “____, this is your daughter. I’m your husband. See the ring on your finger?” he said as he held out his own that was exactly the same, except it was a charcoal silver color. You both decided you only wanted simple rings, so you got a rose gold one and Jin got a charcoal silver.

You looked down and saw that you were in fact wearing the ring. “Okay so I’m your wife. But if I’ve been here for the past 2 years, like the doctor’s said I was, then who is this girl?”

“Your daughter. She’s two years old.”

You scratched your head. “But...so I was pregnant that time?”
“Yes.”
“What happened?” she asked. Now her eyes held honest curiosity. Jin took a breath, trying to regulate his breathing.

“It was really foggy that day. You had a fever, but since we were so close to home, you said that you wanted to drive. We got into a fight about it, and eventually I was the one driving. Maybe if I had let you drive….” Jin stopped, squeezed his hands, but continued, “Well anyway, it was foggy and really hard to see. As we got closer to the house, the fog got thicker and I didn’t see a little boy who ran into the street to get his basketball. I swerved just in time to avoid the little boy but there was a car coming from the other side of the road, and it slammed straight into your side of the car. We were both rushed to the hospital. They figured out that due to the shock, your body was having contractions and your water broke. Before I knew it, our daughter had been born. And I was happy. I thought you’d make a full recovery after that but...the next day they told that you had fallen into a coma. I won’t lie, I cried for days. Our daughter was still in the hospital, since she was a few weeks early. For the first few weeks, there was no reason for me to leave the hospital. It was where I spent most of my days. Taehyung and I got close. But once they told me it was time to take Jaeyoung home...it was hard for me, but I did it. I was too hopeful at first. After 5 months passed, I decided to stop thinking about it, save for this day. The anniversary.”
You nodded your head. “So I woke up on her birthday?”
Jaeyoung nodded. “Yes Mama!”

You tilted your head. “She can speak so well.”
Jin laughed and patted Jaeyoung’s head. “Yes well, I’ve always suspected that she’s a bit different from other children.”

“Did you name her?”
“No ____, you named her. You said that if we had a daughter, you’d want her to be Jaeyoung. So that’s what I named her.” he paused. “Say, ____, do you remember anything?”
You gave him a sad look. “Unfortunately I don’t.”
Jin stepped closer to you. “Would you like to remember?”
You looked up at him, his eyes sincere. Giggling, you took his hand and intertwined your fingers together. “Of course.”
Jin put his hand over Jaeyoung’s eyes and pressed a delicate kiss to your lips. “Then I’ll help you remember. I promise.”
You smiled. “I’d like that….”she laughed sheepishly. “We can start with your name.”
“Seokjin, but you always preferred Jin.”
“Jin.” you repeated. “That’s nice.”