♪ Chapter One

Peter Pan

Chapter One; (10/11/2013)

 

My mind is fuzzy, the last remnants of a dream being chased away by the realisation that I am awake again. It was a nice dream, something about sitting in a big oak tree in meadow full of flowers but the details are fading fast even as I try to recall them. With a mental sigh I allow my brain to focus and cautiously open one eye. I could feel the sun pouring in through the windows as it it hit my skin and warmed me. Stretching my body out in different directions, I blinked my eyes to let them adjust to the brightness The bright spring sunlight cuts the room in half and I see dust-motes dancing in the wall of light.

I groaned as I headed to the bathroom to washup. The smell of breakfast traveled into my nostrils, allowing a slight smile to creep on my face, I quickly dressed into a simple sweater and shorts, tied my hair into a ponytail and skipped down happily for breakfast.

'Good morning, daddy and mommy!' I greeted as I took a seat at the tall chair that was placed at the side of the long table. 'Good morning too, dear.' Mom replied with a soft smile hanging on her lips while Dad just showed a plain smile. 'May I go to the park later, please?' The thought suddenly crept up and I asked politely.

'Are you going with anyone?' Dad asked, looking up from the newspapers as he used one hand to tilt the spectacles up his nose. I shook my head and looked at the plate of delicacy in front of me.

It was bacon and eggs with a piece of toast topped with a glass of orange juice, just the way I wanted it to be. 'Sure thing, but be careful, since Chanyeol isn't here to take care of you anymore, you're not a little girl anymore, arasso? You're going to be an eight year old soon, dear, it's time you learn to take care of yourself without Chanyeol guiding you, do you understand what I'm saying, dear?' Father's short sentence ended off with some kind of an advice.

However, the smile on my face was replaced with a frown upon hearing Chanyeol's name being mentioned.

'He's not here anymore, you must now learn to depend on yourself, do you understand?' Mother spoke as she placed her coffee cup down onto the saucer. I nodded with tears b in my eyes, I couldn't stop myself from remembering the painful moment when Chanyeol was taken away from me, gone forever.


'I'll leave now, mommy, daddy.' I bowed after slipping into my flats, I slipped a penknife into my pocket before closing the door shut.

White, fluffy clouds glide across the pale blue sky; the fading, subdued moon sits redundantly behind them. The sun has awakened and is promptly emerging through the hazy sky. The cloudy layer creates a pleasant blanket from the sun.

Birds simultaneously tweet out to each other in a chorus, singing a soothing, melodic tune. A graceful robin flies swiftly across the open pasture, flowing beside the gentle breeze, back to its vigilantly poised nest on the branch of a tree. This wise, ancient oak tree proudly watches over the fields, casting shadows over the fragile flowers that would wilt if exposed to the sweltering sun. Smaller, more delicate trees frame the field's perimeter. Having sat dormant all winter, fresh leaves are shooting out of the dull, peeling bark and radiant flowers are beginning to bloom. Carried along by the encouraging wind, an aroma of lavender occasionally drifts past.

The oak tree I was looking for, slowly came into view as I scurried towards it impatiently.


3rd Person POV

The little girl fished out the penknife from her pocket and started carving on the rough surface of the big oak tree situated in the middle of the park.

"Even though we're miles apart,

I'll still love you."

She sighed.

He was her Happy Virus, always there to cheer her up when she was down, but he was not here anymore.

He had left her once again.

Whenever she hurts herself, he would be there cleaning up her wounds.

Whenever she got bullied, he would be her knight in shining armor, always coming to her rescue.

In other words, he was always there for here.

But not anymore, he was gone like the cold wind.

He played multiple roles in her life; her mother; her father; her substitude nanny; her brother; her best friend; her teacher; her classmate; her playmate...

Her everything.

What is she going to do without him by her side, in her life?

She doesn't even know.


author's note;

how was it so far? hope it had met your expectations. hmmm guys, maybe you can introduce this story to your aff friends? maybe they'll like it. this is gonna be a hit, i promise. i'll update soon!

xoxo, pastelmacaronsx.