Paranoid

Lean on me (Sequel to 'Walk Next to Me')

You are beautiful because ………………………………………… you simply do not know how to lie.

 

Donghae re-read the message that Hyukjae sent. ‘Is he seriously jealous? Siwon is harmless!’

As Donghae was still starring at the text message and thinking of how to respond, the phone rang. It was Hyukjae.

He quickly answered the phone before Hyukjae gets even more paranoid.

“Hyukkie?”

“Fish! I am so glad you picked up my call! Are you still at the gym?” Hyukjae asked. Even through the phone, Donghae could tell that Hyukjae was full of anxiety.

“Yes.”

“Is Siwon still there?” Hyukjae asked again.

“Yes.” Donghae answered. He did not really what else to say.

“I am coming to pick you up now.”

“What?! Aren’t you working?” Donghae wondered why Hyukjae was suddenly free to pick him up when he was pretty sure Hyukjae told him that he will be busy rehearsing the whole day.

“Yes, but I can pick you up and then go back to work.” Hyukjae answered quickly. He sounds like he was walking quickly and slightly panting at the same time.

“Hyukkie, why? I am safe here with Siwon. Why are you so worried? I don’t want you to jeopardize your job.”

Donghae heard Hyukjae sighed. “Siwon is ………….weird…I don’t know how to tell you this but I am really worried that you are alone with him.”

“I will be fine. I am not a kid, I can take care of myself. “Donghae reassured Hyukjae. He cannot deny that Hyukjae was being sweet even though he thinks that Hyukjae is was being paranoid.

“Donghae ah…I will go your place after work ends.”

“Sure Hyukkie, if you are not too tired, do drop by! I will buy some food for us.” Donghae said. He was relieved that Hyukjae finally gave up on the idea of picking him up from work.

“Sure. Miss you. Don’t let Siwon hug or touch you or you and me will have issues.” Hyukjae warned.

Donghae chuckled. Jealous boyfriend is pretty adorable. “Sure Hyukkie, I will only let you hug me ok?”

“Hmm..good. See you later. Miss you.”

“Miss you more.” Donghae said and ended the tele-conversation.

Donghae checked his phone to make sure that Hyukjae really hanged up. ‘That was weird. Why was he so paranoid about Siwon?’

Donghae felt a tap on his shoulders. “Who was that?”

He turned around to find smiling Siwon. It was the first time Siwon was standing so close to him. He could see Siwon’s deep dimples as he smiled. He suddenly recalled Hyukjae telling him Siwon was weird.

“Hyukjae. He was just calling to check.” Donghae answered casually. ‘Please don’t ask any more questions.’ Donghae wished silently.

“Checking for?” Siwon asked scanning Donghae’s face for answers.

“Nothing.” Donghae lied.

Siwon laughed. “You know, you have been on that phone long enough, get moving! We are here to workout not chit chat on the phone!”

Donghae nodded in agreement. He hopped onto the treadmill while Siwon moved over to the weights. Donghae was trying hard to not look at Siwon but it was difficult. Siwon picked up two huge dumb bells and started lifting them repeatedly. As he lifted them up, Donghae could clearly see the veins in his arms. It was almost popping out. He was also perspiring profusely and for some odd reason, Donghae could not take his eyes off Siwon.

‘Gosh, what is wrong with me? I only like Hyukkie. I only have eyes for Hyukkie.’ Donghae had to repeatedly tell himself this as he continued jogging on the treadmill.

‘Maybe he was just being paranoid. Maybe Hyukkie’s unfounded paranoia had rubbed a little on me. Maybe Hyukkie’s advice of not letting Siwon touch or hug me was slowly worrying me. Why was Hyukkie so paranoid? Siwon seemed like a normal person. Perhaps I am just staring at him because I admire him. I do hope to have a body like that someday and hopefully Siwon can help me.’

“Donghae ah come over here!” Siwon yelled immediately shocking Donghae out of his own thoughts. He stopped the treadmill and joined Siwon at the weights area.

“Here try this!” Siwon said while handing two heavy dumb bells onto Donghae’s hands. The weights were heavy.

“What? Why?” Donghae was nervous, the weights were really heavy and he was struggling to carry it.

“You wanted to tone up right? This is what you can do, we can start with biceps first.” Siwon answered.

“Its really heavy….”Donghae pouted.

Siwon chuckled. “Of course it is, that’s how we tone up. Let me show you.” Siwon pushed Donghae’s elbow back so that it will be close to his body. He partially lifted the weights up so that it will not be too heavy for Donghae.

“Keep your elbows close to your body so that the biceps get to work.” Siwon instructed. He really sounded like a physical trainer.

Donghae nodded. Even though the weights were partially lifted by Siwon, they were still heavy.

‘I must be so weak.’ Donghae cursed as he worked on his biceps repeatedly.

“Good. Keep going.” Siwon affirmed him. He slowly let go of the weights so that Donghae could do it all by himself. Donghae was slightly surprised that he could do it independently even he was struggling doing it.

“Yah! No one carries weight with a pout on their face!” Siwon chuckled.

Donghae did not even realize it. It was natural for him to pout whenever he is unhappy. He was unhappy with this workout because the weights were starting to feel heavier by the minute. He knew that it is all part of the process of getting stronger but he still hated it.

“Squeeze here.” Siwon said while grabbing Donghae’s biceps. Donghae was tickled and startled by the sudden touch that he accidentally dropped both weights onto the floor. It was followed by a loud thud.

Siwon was quick enough to move his feet away.

“Yah! Why did you let go?! It could have landed on my feet!” Siwon yelled angrily. He was staring at Donghae in disbelief with both his hands on his hips.

After recovering from the shock, Donghae looked lost. ‘What just happened?’ The two dumb bells were sprawled onto the floor.

“Oh my God, sorry, did I hurt you?” Donghae apologized.

Siwon shook his head and let out an air of disgust. “I could have been injured! Yah! If you did not want to do it, you could have told me!”

“Siwon ah. Sorry, please don’t misunderstand, I was ticklish that’s all.” Donghae felt bad but he had always been clumsy and accident prone.

“Aish…its ok. I don’t think you would intentionally injure me anyway. Let’s go, its almost dark.” Siwon suggested. He started to walk towards the locker room.

‘Why did I let the dumb bells go? Did I felt an electric spark when he touched my arms? Why did I feel that?! Aish!’

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

“Who was that hyung?”

Hyukjae turned around from the window. It was Henry.

“Someone close.” Hyukjae answered. He was not that comfortable revealing too much personal information to someone he had just met.

Henry nodded. “Sorry if I am interrupting. I need your help.”

“You are not interrupting anything. How can I help you? Shoot.”

“Its my Mum’s birthday next week. I have yet to get her any present since my schedule has been too packed. Do you think you can help me get something for her? I need to get it delivered by tomorrow.”

Hyukjae frowned. He was surprised by Henry’s request. Buying a present for mum is a huge thing, and he was not sure if he was the best person to do it.

“I would do it myself but manager hyung won’t let me go out alone.” Henry continued. He was literally pleading.

“Why don’t I go with you?” Hyukjae suggested.

“Really? Tonight? You would do that for me?” Henry beamed.

“Yup! I can accompany you but as soon as we are done I have to go ok?”

“Sure! Thanks hyung!”

Hyukjae laughed at the beaming Henry. He looked so happy. It was only a moment ago where he was close to the brink of tears asking Hyukjae for this favour.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

“Ok thanks everyone for the hard work! See you tomorrow!” yelled the manager. Upon his announcement that practice was over, everyone scrambled around for their bags and started to leave the room. Everyone was obviously looking forward to going home after a whole day of dance practice.

Hyukjae collapsed onto the ground in exhaustion. His legs and arms were aching. He loves dancing but he had no idea that leading a whole group of professional dancers would be this exhausting. It was different from teaching kids. The kids back in school would oblige easily but working with professional dancers was not as smooth sailing. Some would stroll in late from lunch, some would not put in their 100% effort and some would intentionally not follow his instructions. If they were kids, Hyukjae would have scolded them but since they were adults, he could not do that.

He glanced at his watch. Its 7 pm. Its been 2 hours since he was on the phone with Donghae. He had promised to go over to Donghae’s apartment right after work and he cannot wait to rush to see his Fish.

“Hyung, are you ready?” Henry walked into the room. He had changed into a brand new t-shirt since the t-shirt he was in for the day was drenched with perspiration.

“What?”

Henry chuckled. “My mom’s present? Remember?”

Hyukjae almost forgot that he promised Henry that he would accompany him.

“Oh! Right! Ok, let’s go!” Hyukjae said while getting up and pulling Henry with him out of the room.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

“What about this lovely umbrella?” Hyukjae suggested as he held out a lacy pink umbrella. They were in the department store and Hyukjae was there with Henry looking for a suitable gift for his mum, as promised.

Henry scrunched his nose and shook his head. “Hyung, do you really think umbrella is the best gift for my mum? She is not Mary Poppins!!”

Hyukjae placed the umbrella back on the shelf. Henry was right. Umbrella was a lousy choice for present. Actually he was simply throwing ideas at Henry, he wanted to get it over and done with as he knew Donghae was waiting for him at his place.

They have been in the department store for 2 hours. Henry continued looking around while Hyukjae kept glancing at his watch. He really wanted to help Henry but he realized that he at buying gifts, especially for ladies.

“Hyung, come here!” Henry yelled from 5 metres away.

Hyukjae jogged towards Henry. “Look at this! Its beautiful!” Henry beamed as he lifted a musical box. Inside the box was mini standee of a man playing a violin. As he opened the box, pretty music filled the room as the standee twirled around to the music.

“If its not for my mum, I would never have learnt how to play the violin! This is perfect! Plus she can use this to store all her jewellery!”

Hyukjae starred at the musical box. It was pink and it was really pretty.

“What do you think hyung?” Henry asked.

“Its really pretty. I am sure your mum will love it.”

Henry continued to beam happily. “I will get this! I will go make the payment now.” He quickly walked over the cashier as Hyukjae trailed behind him.

As Henry was making payment at the counter, Hyukjae noticed a group of girls in their 20s whispering and pointing to Henry. They did not look like fans because they wore an expression of disgust. The girls were busy whispering to each other that they did not notice Hyukjae starring at them. He was not sure who they were but he really did not want to find out.

After Henry made the payment, Hyukjae quickly held onto Henry’s arm to walk past the whispering girls.  Part of him was hoping that Henry would not notice that the girls have been talking about him since he arrived at the cashier.

“Go back where you came from!” yelled one of the girls as they walked passed them. Upon hearing that, Henry stopped walking and turned to look at the girl who yelled.

“What?” he asked the girl.

“Go back to where you came from! We do not need you in the group.” She yelled again. Hyukjae was not sure what the girl meant but Henry looked as if he was stabbed in the heart. He looked down and his expression changed.

“Sorry.” Henry muttered apologetically as he turned around and walked away. 

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Ah yay! Finally an update! Sorry for the long wait! I was so busy with work the whole of last week and I was also at SS5 Malaysia! Omg! We left Singapore in the morning and the traffic was horrible so we were severely delayed, plus we were starving and did not have time to eat at all. We finally made it to the stadium at 5 pm itself and 15 minutes later the concert started! I had really good seats, 3rd row and Donghae kept coming our side! Plus  Kangin too! He climbed onto the fence to be closer to us..Sungmin, Shindong and Zhoumi too. They were all so sweet, they took all the polaroid cameras offered to them to take pics. So sweet. Donghae was so near omg, he is really too handsome....felt so surreal. I was in SS5sg too but not this close. After the whole concert ended, I remembered we had not eaten anything for the whole day, except for a cookie while waiting for the concert to start but omg it was so worth it!

Ok, enough fangirling. Lol. I will be away in Europe in 2 weeks time so I hope to finish this fic before I leave. I should be able to update more often this week. Stay tune to see jealous Eunhae. Thank you for being so patient! <3