Part 2.

She's Mine.

It had now been playing on my mind for a week, what happened between Amy and I. That silent morning kiss that only the two of us know about. Every encounter during the week just seemed to go as usual, although I found myself thinking of her a lot more than I ever have. Kevin and Hoon had noticed as well, I didn’t confess though because I didn’t know whether Amy had told Mariah either.

Friday was fast approaching again and we would all be going out again, it was easier to get Amy to come out this time though. I just know I would be asking her what we were because it was more than good friends now.

 

During English I kept glancing at my phone, I had messaged Amy not to long ago. I was asking her where she wanted to go tomorrow night, since we would all be staying at her place afterwards. Either way we would be going to the city so it didn’t exactly matter but I was using it as an excuse to talk to her. I was running out of things to talk about with her, because after a while everything just became awkward and I didn’t like it.

 

“Hey,
Let’s just go where we went last week.
It’s easier since we’re already on the list.
How about we all meet at mine at 8pm?”

 

“Sounds good, I might be around a tad earlier since my parents are going out.

If that’s okay of course?”

 

“It’s fine, Mariah will come over after school like always.
Just come around when you’re ready.”

 

“Awesome.
How’s school?”

 

“It’s okay.
Boring, like usual.
What are you doing after school today?"

 

"Not a lot. Hoon and Kevin are coming over for a while. But Hoon said he won't be around long, apparently he has a date or something."

 

"Yeah he does, with me.

Best friend date, we haven't had one in a while plus he pretty much insisted on having one, so I have no choice but to go. But I'm excited for it though. It seemed like he had a few things to talk to me about."

 

I hope he isn’t going to talk about  me with her, he does a lot and I know that. But I don’t want her to slip that we kissed or anything like that, especially if I have absolutely no idea what is going on between the two of us. I so desperately wanted to know what was going on, but once again I didn’t have the courage to ask her. I could’ve easily asked via message right now... but thats the cowardly way out.
I keep telling myself I need to man up and just ask her, but I’m such a chicken... maybe tomorrow night.

 

Amy POV~

 

School finished so it meant it was time to go and party. After my cute date with Hoon yesterday I had decided that tonight I was going to tell Soohyun how I felt... but only if he did too. Well I wanted him to first... and then I would follow suit. I feel like we are playing cat and mouse, which we are.
After last week and that kiss and how he was acting around me, I really wanted more of it. He was alway such a gentleman and his smile, oh please don’t get me started on that adorable smile.

 

Mariah and I were walking home from school and I felt really weird, because we had to walk past Soohyun’s house and school along the way. I had butterflies in my stomach, which I had only felt once before... and that was last week.

 

Soohyun and I have practically been close since day one, but i’ve never felt anything like this before.

‘Uh Amy... hello!’ Mariah was waving her hands in front of my face. Snapping out of my day dream I realised I had stopped walking and we were literally out the front of Soohyun’s house.

 

‘Oh, sorry.’

 

‘Are you okay?’

 

‘I suppose so, I just have a few things on my mind.’

 

‘Don’t you mean someone?’

 

‘No, I mean things.’ I began to walk off, only for her to stop me again.

 

‘Oh Soohyun, hi.’ she called out.
Turning around quick smart I saw no Soohyun, I suppose this was payback for last week.

 

‘I hate you.’ I muttered and kept on walking.
We got back to my house and went up to my room and proceeded to get ready for the night. I wasn’t wearing a dress this week, but then I thought that it wouldn’t hurt. If I wore a dress, then Soohyun would always be behind me, making sure I didn’t do anything inappropriate.

Smiling to myself I dug through my closet and settled on a baby pink dress which flowed at the bottom. It was a strapless BUT thank goodness for invisible straps that they had, or I would be pulling it up all night. I suppose though, whether it fell down or I pull it up too high... something of mine would be exposed. But I could trust Soohyun to make sure neither happened to me tonight.

 

‘Oh... you’re wearing a dress?’ Mariah looked at me as I pulled it out of the wardrobe.

 

‘Yeah, is it a crime?’

‘No... but you were so keen not to wear one last week. What made you change your mind?’

 

‘Well... this one isn’t as short as the one I wore last week and I’ve worn it before and it was fine. In other words... it doesn’t show my so I am comfortable wearing it.’

 

‘The one you wore last week was fine... plus no one saw your because Soohyun was carefully guarding it all night.’ She stared at me all suspiciously ‘I wish I had someone to guard my .’ I heard her mumble.

 

Laughing to myself I took off my school uniform and threw it in the hamper before putting my dress on and heading to the bathroom. Mariah followed behind as we both continued to get ready.

 

A little over an hour later my parents had arrived home from work and declared that they too were going away for the weekend, so I had the house to myself. Immediately Soohyun came to mind, I suppose now I know they weren’t going to be home if anything did happen I wouldn’t have to worry about them busting in on us or anything like that. Not that I’m planning anything like that, but you never know what happens when you are drunk. Apparently they would only be in Seoul so if anything bad happened they would come back straight away, but I was praying nothing would.
I was actually praying that maybe Soohyun and I would get some time together but in order for that to happen, we needed to confess to each other.

 

~

 

It was now 6:30 and just as my parents left, Soohyun arrived. I know he said he was coming earlier but I neglected to tell Mariah about this. She was a little shocked but she wasn’t going to argue the fact, instead she just insisted on keeping him occupied while I worked out where we would all be sleeping tonight.
In my mind, I really wanted to sleep with Soohyun again... but just asking him to sleep with me in my bed is a little too much. So I had to work it out... unless I asked him while I was drunk then no one would question it.

We could all be better off just sleeping on the floor like last time but I would make sure I was next to Soohyun instead of being between Hoon and Mariah.

 

I don’t even know how this whole night was going to go but I just wanted it to be right. I was stupid for not saying anything after last week and I was definitely stupid for leaving it this long. Finger’s crossed tonight will play out like I want it too.

 

Hoon POV~

 

‘Kevin-ah, did you hear that Soohyun is going to Amy’s house early?’

 

‘Oh is he?’

 

‘Yeah, I don’t know why.’

 

‘Don’t you think he has been acting a little weird lately?’ Kevin poked his head around the corner to look at me. I was in the living room on the couch while he went to get a drink from the kitchen.

 

‘I did notice that. Did something happen between the two of them?’

 

‘I don’t know, but even if something did I wouldn’t be surprised if anything else happens tonight. He really likes her and it’s only a matter of time before he says something to her.’ Kevin came back and sat down next to me.

 

‘True... but I do think something happened. I just know that last week I had to get up and go to the bathroom in the middle of the night and when I got back to the living room, she had rolled over and was sleeping next to Soohyun. I’m sure she did it in her sleep, but Soohyun told me not to move her.’

 

‘Aww thats cute.’

 

‘It is, but I lost my snuggle partner. I may as well just admit defeat, I’ve lost my snuggle partner for good. She looked so comfortable in his arms. It did make me jealous.’

 

‘I can snuggle with you if you want.’ Kevin linked his arm through mine and made a kissy face. With a laugh I made a kissy face too and he just backed away.

 

‘No you already have a snuggle partner too, you have Mariah. I have no one now.’

 

‘Well you know what we need to do... find you a girl.’

 

‘I wish it was that simple.’ With a sigh I resumed the video game and continued playing. I really wish I could find a girlfriend but I found it hard, no one could ever live up to how beautiful Amy is and then how funny Mariah is. I wanted the both of them in one girl, but it was so hard. Perhaps I was being too picky about it. ‘Wait maybe we should go to Amy’s house early too, if we do then we can go out earlier and then more time for the both of them to get drunk and be with each other.’

 

'That could work. I'll message Mariah and let her know.'

 

'Okay.' We finished up the game and soon got ready as well. About half an hour later we were leaving to Amy's house.

I was going to have a serious talk with that best friend of mine, I want to know what happened last week. They didn't just sleep together, something else totally happened.

Both of them the following day were rather chipper and Soohyun kept smiling at her more than usual. She was taking this all too well.

Soohyun was being a handful, but she didn't seem to mind.

 

Arriving at her house we waited outside for her to answer the door

'Kevin, I'm going to interrogate Amy for a few minutes. See if you can get anything out of Soohyun.'

He nodded as the door opened. Amy stood there in a beautiful pink dress and heels. She looks really really pretty. I also noticed something else... she had a drink in her hands. We've never had pre-drinks before going out before, what's changed in the last week?

 

'Hey guys. Come in.' She smiled. Following her in Soohyun and Mariah were in the kitchen making drinks.

 

'Pre drinks, this is new.' I smiled as Kevin sat down next to Mariah.

 

'I just felt like starting early.' Amy innocently smiled.

 

'No... we wanted to start early.' Soohyun smiled back, telling us the obvious truth.

 

'Of course. Well I'll have one too, but first I want to talk to Amy.' I grabbed her hand.

 

'Go ahead.' With a smile the both of us left to her room.

 

Closing the door she sat down on her bed with another smile. Talk about happy.

'So... tell me what's going on.'

 

'What?'

 

'You and Soohyun, spill the beans.' Sitting down next to her she looked at me, trying to act confused.

 

'Why do you think something is going on?' She's got to stop lying. It's completely obvious.

 

'Tell me girlie, something happened last week didn't it?'

 

'It didn't, besides waking up in his arms nothing did.'

 

'Then why were you both giddy on Saturday?'

 

‘Okay, okay fine but you do promise me not to freak out or anything like that? It scares me when you do that. You get all girly and its weird.’ She looked to me seriously, I did get a little weird sometimes... I will admit.

 

‘Yes, yes... just tell me.’

 

‘Not even Mariah knows this... Soohyun and I kissed last weekend.’

 

‘What?!’ I think I may’ve startled her a little when I yelled ‘Why didn’t you say anything?’

 

‘Because... I don’t know what is going on between us. I know he likes me and I like him, but nothing else has happened.’ Amy sighed with a frown.

 

‘You need to make a move then, if he isn’t going to... you do it.’

 

‘I don’t want to you, I want him to take initiative. He’s the man, why do I have to do it?’

 

‘When you want something, you have to go for it... no matter what the consequence might be.’ I wish I had’ve take my advice all those years ago.

 

‘I suppose you’re right... but you know me. I’m not good at this kind of thing.’

 

‘Of course I know that, how could I not. But I’m pretty sure... don’t want to raise your hopes, but I am sure he will say something soon. Tonight even, just wait a bit. I am sure he will admit the truth, all you have to do is tell the truth too.’

 

‘He better... because I don’t want to be the first one to say it.’ Amy smiled a little, obviously thinking about Soohyun.

 

‘So I suppose I’ve lost my snuggle partner, right?’

 

‘Yeah... I suppose so. Sorry Hoon.’

 

‘That’s okay,’ I sighed ‘I’m happy for you but now you have to help me find someone, or else it isn’t fair.’

 

‘I will, let me sort this out first, okay?’

 

‘Yeah, I mean it is long over due anyway. I can wait.’

 

‘We will find you a good girl too, someone who better look after you or I will kill them.’

 

‘I don’t doubt that one bit. Seriously though Amy... I’m happy for you. It’s about time something happened between you two.’

 

‘I know, tell me about it.’ Hoon pulled me into a hug, it was nice to have his approval so to speak. Now... I just have to tell him.

 

Soohyun POV~

 

From the moment we left Amy’s house I held her hand, things didn’t seem awkward tonight... well compared to the painstaking week I’ve had knowing if the kiss was just a kiss or it meant something, but now I was starting to feel like it was a lot more. Usually when I am drunk, we hang from each other but it seemed like she was hanging off me a little more tonight, which I wasn’t going to argue with.


After dancing around for a little while the two of us went over to the bar to grab another round of drinks. As we waited I looked over to her and smile, she looks really beautiful tonight. She’s worn that dress before and it’s easy to say that she can pull off anything she wears, absolutely stunning. What an amazing girl.

 

Slipping my arm around her waist I pulled her closer, my fingers caressing her waist softly. My lips were above her ear as I thought about what to say, I had no idea how to confess, so instead I kissed her temple, I felt her eyes close as I did so. With a satisfied smile I held onto her as I ordered the drinks and a few minutes later the both of us left back off to the others. Hoon was sitting back at the table while Kevin and Mariah were out dancing still.

‘Took your time.’ He smiled as we approached.

 

‘Sorry, got a little caught up. It was busy too.’

 

‘It’s okay... I’m kidding. Someone better go and round up the kiddies.’

 

‘I’ll go.’ Amy sat down next to Hoon and they began chatting as I went to find Kevin and Mariah.

As I spotted the two of them I made my way over

 

‘Hey Soohyun!’ Mariah grinned grabbing one of my hands as she started dancing with me.

 

‘I’m not here to dance, I’m here to tell you we got more drinks.’

 

‘Oh more, good. But Kevin and I will not be leaving this dance floor until you tell us what is going to happen tonight.’

 

‘Anything could happen tonight.’ I shrugged, playing with the both of them. Of course I knew what they were on about.

 

‘No... with Amy. Idiot!’ Kevin slapped my arm.

 

‘Oh... Amy. Well I suppose it’s about time I claim her as mine right? Like officially anyway. She’s always been mine.’

 

‘Yes, and how do you expect to do that?’

 

‘By telling her how I feel, telling her what we have is more than just friendship... and it’s been that what for a while.’

 

‘Yay, good boy.’ Mariah ruffled my hair. ‘You better do it before we leave this club though... or I will kill you.’

 

‘Trust me, it will be done. I can’t wait any longer.’ Smiling at the both of them I gave Kevin a quick wink before heading back through the crowd of people.

 

Seeing the table again Amy was having a good old laugh with Hoon, those two are as almost inseparable as her and Mariah are.

 

Ever since I first met her, nothing has changed between the two of them. I think the friendship that has altered the most between all of us is me and her. Kevin and Mariah seemed to click, yes it’s changed too but I feel like my friendship with Amy is a lot more involved. It just seems like Kevin and Mariah haven’t thought about getting together yet, so we are officially at least a step ahead of those two.

 

Sitting beside Amy I grabbed a drink off the table as Kevin and Mariah skipped over happily together. It was only a minute later that I had Mariah practically kicking me under the table.

Glaring at her she giggled before hiccuping and then taking a gulp of her drink, shes just so crazy.

 

Mariah kicked me a few more times before Kevin suggested that they go and dance again, Hoon decided to go as well... so now it was just the two of us.

‘Do you want to go and dance too?’

 

‘In a minute, I need to go bathroom first. Will you come with me?’

 

‘Yeah, of course.’ Standing up we made our way to the bathroom. Taking her drink and purse for her I waited outside. Come on Soohyun, now you’re alone... this is the perfect time.

Amy came out a few minutes later, gracefully wiping her wet hands on her dress... like a lady.

‘Did you not use the paper towel?’

 

‘They ran out and I didn’t want to not wash my hands or wipe it on you, and my dress is pretty much dirty now anyway.’

 

‘Well I am glad that you didn’t want to wipe it on me, make me feel appreciated.’

 

‘And it’s kind of gross, I’m not saying I peed on my hands or anything but it’s just unhygienic.’

 

‘I know what you mean Amy, you don’t have to explain.’ I smiled as I handed back over her stuff. ‘I was thinking about what we could do and I kind of thought of heading back to your house, if you’re happy too or we can stay here.’

 

‘Let’s go home, it’s getting late anyway. Should we go find the others?’

 

‘No, we’ll go first and then once they work out we are missing they will come back too.’

 

‘Okay... so we’re sneaking out then.’ She grinned.

 

‘Yeah. So shall we?’ Holding out my hand she took it and we pushed our way through the crowds of people to get out. It seemed as though it was getting busier too, which definitely meant it was time to go home.
Once outside she dug her cardigan out of her bag and draped it over her shoulders. It wasn’t cold outside, but it was a little cool... it was 3am after all.

I put my arm around her and pulled her closer as we walked. It was really nice with just the two of us but it made me wonder how long it would take for the others to notice we were missing.

'Amy, is it okay if I take a quick shower when we get back to yours? I'm a bit hot and sweaty.'

 

'Yeah of course, I was thinking about having one as well. It was kinda warm in there tonight. We did a lot of dancing too.'

 

'A lot indeed. So are we all sleeping in your room tonight?'

 

'Since my parents aren't home I suppose it doesn't matter where we sleep.'

 

'True, I forgot about that.'

 

'I suppose it's more or less where we all pass out. Like usual.' Amy smiled at me. I had such an urge to kiss her right now.

 

'Amy...  can I just do one little thing?'

 

She nodded in response and we both stopped walking. Standing in front of her I grabbed her face gently in my hands, looking deep into her eyes. She looked up at me somewhat nervously. With a cheeky smirk I moved in closer and when our noses touched I stopped. She had closed her eyes, expecting me to kiss her.

Carefully leaning forward a little more I brushed my lips against hers, a tingle shooting through my body as I felt her soft lips against mine.

Taking her lips into a kiss I parted them slowly and entered . Without a thought she kissed me back.

We remained like this for a minute or so, I didn’t want to stop kissing her because I was enjoying it and so was she but we needed to get home. Standing in the middle of the street at 3am kissing isn’t the smartest thing to do. Pulling away a little our noses were still touching, I couldn’t help but smile as my thumb caressed her cheek
‘We should keep heading home. We’re almost there.’

 

‘Yeah... we should, the others will be catching up to us soon.’

 

‘Mmm.’ I nodded slightly before kissing her again. I felt her arms tighten around my waist as I did so. Finally, Soohyun!

 

Half an hour later we finally arrived at her place, the others were on their way now and were a little annoyed that we snuck out on them. I was sitting on Amy’s bed while she went for a shower. I needed to work out how to get her to sleep with me tonight. I couldn’t let her go just yet, since well... I haven’t actually confessed verbally yet. Physically I have, I mean it’s completely obvious... but I have yet to utter the words I want to. I mean it also depends on where we all sleep I suppose too, but basically I had to wait for the others.

 

Luckily for me they arrived while Amy was in the shower. Mariah and Kevin stumbled in together, Mariah was on his back while Hoon was behind them trying to make sure Mariah didn’t fall off... but he was as drunk as as well.

‘WHY DID YOU DITCH US?!’ Mariah yelled as she saw me.

 

‘So I could have some alone time with Amy, why else?’

 

‘Did you tell her?’ Hoon sat down on the couch.

 

‘No, not yet... but something did happen.’

 

‘What?’ Mariah smiled as Kevin dropped her on the couch too.

 

‘We kissed... twice, but thats it so far.’

 

‘Yay!’

 

‘Now you just have to say something to her. When do you intend on doing that?’ Kevin finally sat down with us all as well. I was listening carefully for the running of the water, which seemed to have stopped which meant we should be quiet.

 

‘She’s out of the shower now... but basically I am going to tell her tonight but Hoon you gotta allow me to sleep with her tonight, okay?’

 

‘Well I’ve already accepted the fact that I’ve lost my snuggle buddy, so I have no choice. Just don’t do anything stupid or I will kill you.’

 

‘Hoon, I’m not going to do something stupid. You should know me by now.’

 

‘True... well I will crash on the couch, Mariah and Kevin take the spare room and I suppose Soohyun and Amy in her room.’

 

‘Why does Amy get to sleep in her bed with Soohyun, why can’t we all just sleep in here on the floor. Like how we always do.’ Mariah pouted.

 

‘Because... this is Amy’s house and if she want to sleep in her bed she can. What’s so wrong with that?’ Soohyun shrugged.

 

‘Ey... you just want you two to be alone and stuff.’

 

‘What are you whining about this time Mariah?’ Amy came down the stairs. I hope she didn’t hear any of the conversation.

 

‘Nothing, we’re trying to work out sleeping arrangements.’ she shook her head, trying to act all innocent.

 

‘Just sleep wherever, I don't care. I’m sleeping in my bed though.’ She looked over at me. Was she trying to signal something.

 

‘See like I said... you two take the spare room.’ Hoon pointed to Mariah and Kevin.

 

‘Okay, we will. Let’s go Mariah.’ Kevin grabbed her by the hand and dragged her away.

 

‘Is is okay if I go have a shower now?’ I looked to Amy, who nodded. I left the room a moment later. Leaving Hoon and Amy to talk.

 

 

Amy POV~
 

Soohyun left the living room and it left Hoon and I together. They were all up to something, but I had no issues with it. I over heard the conversation about Soohyun sleeping in my room with me. Seriously, I was going to ask him anyway. After that kiss my mind was all over the place. I really, really like Soohyun.

 

‘Soohyun wants to sleep with you tonight.’

 

‘I know, I heard the whole conversation and I want him to as well. But I’m going to pretend I didn’t hear it and be all surprised when he comes in.’

 

‘Ah cheeky Amy,’ Hoon grinned ‘Just don’t do anything I wouldn’t please. Or I will kick him where it hurts most.’

 

‘I won’t, don’t you worry too much. Come up to my room and I’ll grab you a pillow.’ Taking Hoon’s hand he followed me up to my room and I threw him one of my pillows. I think I had about 6 on my bed, but I only slept with 2 so the others were kind of useless.

 

‘Now... tomorrow, I don’t care what you are saying I am cooking breakfast for everyone AND I will come banging on the doors to wake you all up.’

 

‘Oh what are you going to make?’

 

‘I don’t know... I’ll figure that out tomorrow when I wake up. But now I am going to go to sleep. So be a good girl.’ Hoon pulled me into a tight hug ‘Remember, I will hurt him if he does something bad.’

 

‘Hoon... he won’t, you should trust him some more.’ With a laugh he smiled at me before leaving my bedroom. Sitting down on my bed and pulling the sheet up over my legs I grabbed my phone and began to look around on Facebook. I thought about uploading some of the photos from tonight but most of them were couple photos of Soohyun and I. I tried to NOT upload those unless someone else was in them considering we aren’t together and people shouldn’t have these kind of photos unless they are. Well that’s what I thought anyway. Everyone under the sun seemed to know how we felt about each other... so there isn’t really any harm I suppose.

 

Uploading a few I tagged everyone in them but I kept laughing at the strangers in the background totally photobombing us as well. I looked up to see Soohyun standing in the doorway, his blonde hair all scruffy and damp from the shower. He looked to me with a cute smile before entering.

 

‘What you laughing at?’

 

‘Just some of these photos, so many people were photo bombing us in the background.’

 

‘Oh let me see.’ he sat down next to me on the bed and I passed my phone to him. He had a smile on his face as he looked at them, a smile that no one but him could replicate. Something of happiness and affection. It made me smile just looking at him.

 

After a minute or so of him flicking through the photos he passed my phone back to me, he left it on a photo of the two of us
‘You should upload that one too, it’s a really good one.’

 

‘It is, I might later. I’m pretty tired now. My feet are killing me from those stupid shoes.’

 

‘You know you don’t need to wear heels all the time, I know you’re short but I like it.’

 

‘But I don’t like being short, sometimes you have to sacrifice things to be pretty.’ I put my phone on the bedside table.

 

‘You shouldn’t have to sacrifice anything though, you’re already pretty enough.’ my cheeks went a rosey red really quickly at his words. He was such a sweetheart. ‘We should go to sleep... I hope it’s okay if I stay in here tonight.’

 

‘I agree we should, I’m tired... yeah it’s okay. Better than sleeping by myself.’ Giving him a small smile I adjusted myself and turned off the lamp next to me, out the corner of my eye I saw Soohyun turn his off too but I was a little startled when I saw him take his shirt off and toss it to the ground beside the bed. Taking a deep breath I my side and closed my eyes. All I could picture was Soohyun’s half body and man... it was a nice sight to see.
A moment later I felt Soohyun come closer and wrap his arms around my body, pulling me into his embrace. I was wearing a really thin half singlet as well, I could now feel his skin against my lower back. Immediately I was comfortable in his embrace, just like I was last week... even though I was asleep last time.
For 10 minutes or so I kept my eyes closed but focused on his movements, his breathing, his everything.

 

‘Amy...’ he spoke up.

 

‘Yes Soohyun.’ I opened my eyes, even though I knew I wouldn’t be able to see anything.

 

‘Can you turn around a minute... there is something I want to ask you.’ Nervously I turned around in his arms, now feeling his stomach against mine I had butterflies.

 

Even though we couldn’t quite make out each others faces I felt Soohyun’s hand find my cheek and he began to caress it slowly. With a small kiss I closed my eyes again, it was all too enchanting.


‘Amy... I-I know we’ve been friends for a while and over time we’ve developed feelings for each other but I’m kind of sick of sitting to the side and ignoring them now. I know numerous times everyone has tried to get us together, but I think we just needed to do it ourselves and I think now is right. I really really like you and I can tell you like me too. After last week you keep playing over and over in my mind and after tonight I knew that I wanted to do this... so I wanted to know if you wanted to go out with me? Like officially? None of this weird friend stuff anymore.’ I smiled to myself and I nodded. I don’t know why I nodded since we were in the dark so I decided to do something else instead.
Finding his lips I kissed him back, I suppose he can understand from that.