우리둘이 ● Always Love You

정 ● jeong「one-shot collection」
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"When you tell me you love me, when you tell me you care for me, it gives me such great strength. I always love you, my heart may stop but it won’t change. Our precious time will be from now to eternity…”

Our story began in one cold winter in the City of Seoul. During my whole childhood, I’ve never experienced how a normal kid would usually do. I was constantly hospitalized due to my heart condition. I was born with a failing heart, good thing I didn’t die though; I was blessed I got a chance to live, a chance to somehow feel the thing they call love. 

I was 8 when my parents decided to stop letting me go in and out of the hospital and stay there instead. I have one room for myself; it’s not that big, it’s just the perfect size for a one patient, and most of the time I got lonely. No one to talk to, no one to played with, I’m alone. No friends who can cheer me up, I didn’t even have a chance to properly go to school. My parents didn’t even come often stay at the hospital; they’re working 10 times harder since my hospital bills keep in increasing and increasing they need to keep up with the expenses. I’m thankful but I’m alone.

 

I was 12 when my parents introduced me to my new doctor; mom said my past doctor was moving to another country so he couldn’t take care of me anymore, Dad added that he was much better than my past doctor, so It gave me a huge sigh of relief knowing I’ll be in good hands.

 

It was another day, all one of my daily check ups are done. I sat at the corner of my bed as usual, I’m alone. Being surrounded with white walls everyday I feel like I’m already engulfed and became a part of it. I kept starring at the window and I noticed someone was waving at me at the opposite room; I stepped nearer to get a closer look on whom it was. I saw a girl with long brown hair and who’s almost the same age as me running around the halls in the hospital. I’m following her with my eyes but in a few seconds I can’t find traces of her. It’s the first time I saw a healthy kid in the hospital, she wasn’t suppose to be allowed here. Few minutes later, a sound of knock filled my room, I didn’t make any sounds. The door opened and there she is, the girl whom I saw. “Hi” she said as she entered with a can of juice and chips on her hands, she immediately sat on my bed and gave her juice to me. “I’m Nara” she added. She has huge eyes starring me with an innocent looking expression. “You don’t talk that much do you?” she continued as she opened her bag of chips and offered me it, I declined it due to the Doctors orders that I can’t eat junk foods, she’s really talkative and really easily attachable. “You’re Myungsoo, right?” she mumbled as she was chewing on her food “my dad was the doctor in charge of your case. He’s a really, really great one so I can assure you, you’re going to be healthy.” as she expressed those words I felt a new spirit coming to me, she was really cheerful and positive and that cheerfulness was spreading to me like a virus.

 

Day by day, she always went to my room. I feel so good right now. I get happier whenever I see you. When will this happiness ever find me again? Talking about random things and accompanying me in my loneliness. She always shares to me how school life was and saying it ,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter