Come to My Place and Wish Me a Happy Birthday

Come to My Place and Wish Me a Happy Birthday

Yifan didn’t need anything for his birthday. He was too old for surprise party; he was too old for accepting presents. He wasn’t the type that would be so happy to have a birthday. He wasn’t a kid anymore, though.

Yifan didn’t need anything for his birthday. He didn’t want to celebrate it with his friends since he didn’t like crowded and his friends were like bunch of riot. Chanyeol wouldn’t stop talking, Jongin and his boyfriend, Kyungsoo, wouldn’t stop eating each other’s face—“That lovey-dovey couple will make love in front of us really, really soon.” said Chanyeol—and Jongdae would be drunk even before the party began. Yifan wasn’t the type that would enjoy such a party.

What Yifan needed for his birthday was his boyfriend, the tiny guy with red wine locks that usually would sneak into his apartment every midnight, right when the day was changing, and he would kiss Yifan’s lips, making the tall man awake and wishing him a happy birthday. It had been a habit every year, but it looked like that year was a little different.

Yifan had already expected that Junmyeon would come that night so he decided to pretend to sleep, but he was wrong. Junmyeon didn’t come, nor call or text him. Even until the sun finally rose, he was still nowhere to find. Yifan started to worry, but he tried to hold himself. Yifan was that kind of possessive and worrywart boyfriend. He was easy to get worried if he couldn’t find Junmyeon for a day, and Junmyeon would always have his protest because of it. “I’m a big guy, Yifan, and sometimes I just need a quality time with myself. Please understand that, okay, Honey? I’ll call you in case I need your help.” was what Junmyeon said when the last Yifan went look for him like a crazy person because he couldn’t find him anywhere. In fact, Junmyeon only went to the other town to meet his old friend and was back at night. Junmyeon was the type that liked to suddenly disappear and in a blink of an eye he would be back with that innocent face, as if nothing happened, even though he knew he already made his boyfriend panic.

Junmyeon liked to disappear, but never on Yifan’s birthday. Sneaking into Yifan’s apartment to wish him a happy birthday was a tradition, and Junmyeon was never absent to do that.

Because of that, Yifan couldn’t concentrate on his works that day. His co-workers wished him a happy birthday, but he couldn’t even reply to them with his usual gummy smile. It was only a small smile because Yifan was too worried about his boyfriend he couldn’t think about anything else.

Yifan checked his phone almost every minute and what he found was nothing. He then decided to forget his man’s pride and call him, but his phone was off. Even until he came home from work, he still got nothing. Junmyeon didn’t call him. He didn’t text him. He didn’t show his nose up. His phone was still dead. Yifan already waited for a day and Junmyeon was still nowhere to find. Yifan knew it was the right time to get panic.

The first thing Yifan did was calling Junmyeon’s mother, because he always believed that mother would always knew everything about their child, but what he got was only, “I don’t know where he is, Yifan. Junmyeon isn’t here with us. Isn’t he with you? It’s your birthday, right? Oh, happy birthday, by the way! I’m sorry I didn’t have time to call you earlier, today was a busy day!”

“Thanks, Aunt,” Yifan said. “Uhh… if Junmyeon comes there, can you please tell me? I will go to his apartment now, and if I still can't find him—”

“Oh, Yifan, you’ve always been like that,” Junmyeon’s mother laughed lightly. “Don’t worry, Dear, I’m sure he’s okay right now.”

“How could you be so sure?”

“Because I’m his mother, Yifan. I didn’t feel anything bad today, even until now. I think he wants to make something for you. You’d better go to his place and see what he has for you!”

She knew. She just didn’t want to tell Yifan what her devilish son tried to do. Yifan was sure about it. Mother knew everything about her child.

Hanging the phone, Yifan quickly grabbed his car keys and went to the parking lot. He felt a bit calmer after calling Junmyeon’s mother, which was a good thing, but it didn’t make him decrease his car speed, though. He wanted to reach Junmyeon’s apartment as soon as possible, so he could know what that tiny guy had planned on him.

Whatever Junmyeon’s plan, he didn’t like it. No, he hated it.

Soon, his car had been parked in front of Junmyeon’s apartment. Yifan didn’t waste his time and rushed into the building. As he reached Junmyeon’s door, he unlocked the door with the spare key Junmyeon gave to him years ago.

Yifan should know from the first time that Junmyeon was okay, though.

“Junmyeon?!”

“Y-Yifan…? W-What are you doing here?!”

There he was. There his missing boyfriend who almost made him explode from worried was. Junmyeon was standing in the messy kitchen with an apron which if they weren’t under such circumstances would be a trigger for him ing the shorter male senseless because Junmyeon looked somehow y wearing that.

“What are you doing, Junmyeon?” Yifan hissed. He entered the kitchen, nose scrunching as he could find flour scattering around the kitchen counter. “Are you trying to destroy your kitchen? You prefer to destroy your kitchen all day then to do what you always do on my birthday?!”

“Hey, I’m trying to do something for you here, okay?!” Junmyeon raised his voice. He was angry, Yifan was sure, but with a face full of flour, he looked more like a cute boy than an angry man. “I wanted to make you a birthday cake, I thought it would be easy, but no! Making a birthday cake was like hell! I almost burned my hand! I had to go to the grocery many times because I ran out of flour and all! And I still failed making that stupid cake! You know it was really depressing—”

A pair of thin lips landed on Junmyeon’s, causing the tiny boy to stop nagging. Yifan wrapped his arms around Junmyeon’s waist, bringing the body closer. Junmyeon was struggling at first, but after a moment, he finally melted in the passionate kiss.

After a little while, Yifan finally parted their lips. “Next year, Junmyeon…” he muttered as he pressed his forehead on Junmyeon’s. “Don’t you dare make something for me ever again, you got it?”

“B-But I just wanted to make something different for your birthday—”

“No.”

Junmyeon pursed his lips, and Kris couldn’t help but smile. He pulled away and cupped Junmyeon’s cheeks. “Next year,” he said. “Just come to my place and wish me a happy birthday.”

 

 

“I already bought a cake for you, actually… well… in case I failed to make it…”

“Then why bother to make a cake? You know you at cooking, right? And the most important thing, why bother to make your boyfriend almost kill himself because he was too worried about his missing Junmyeon, huh?”

Junmyeon pinched Yifan’s cheeks hardly as he pouted.

“It’s because I love you, I want to make you happy by making you a birthday cake, you grumpy worrywart. Now, can we forget what already happened and eat the cake instead?”

Yifan laughed and kissed Junmyeon’s lips gently.

“I love you too, Junmyeon.”


author'snote:

I don't know what to write here.

This is the first time I wrote something for somebody's birthday and I don't know if it's good enough of not. I'm sorry for the short chapter; I don't know what I've written up there, to be honest. ;;;;

So... all I want to say is, HAPPY BIRTHDAY KRIS! OMG you're getting older. I can do nothing but wish you all the best and... yeah. I hope I can see your moment with Suho again. Soon. c: