2. Touchdown

Only One II [HIATUS]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sohee:

After getting our luggage, we hailed a cab and made our way to our new home here. Nobody came to pick us up cause nobody knew that we had already arrived; it was supposed to be a surprise for them. It was nice to be back at home after so long, I felt great. I missed home so much even if I made my choice to follow my husband there.

“Hey, how are liking it here?” I asked, looking at him.

“It sure does have a different feeling to America,” he replied, fascinated by the view outside.

I left him to admire the view and kept to myself. I know he wasn’t happy to come and stay here permanently but it was too much to stay there after that incident. I know I will miss New York as much as he does but it can’t be helped. When I think about that day I always blame myself that I just wished that if only I did something. Now look where I have ended up.

He nudged my hand to call me and asked, “How much longer?”

“Not much we will be home soon.” I replied, pulling him to me.

I looked outside and saw the view was completely different compared to New York. I missed all of this, it’s been too long. I should have visited before then maybe it wouldn’t feel so awkward like right now. I am happy but I’m feeling a sense of loss here.

After an hour or so we reached our destination. There stood our house, which we bought but hardly used it after shifting to New York. Now it’s going to be our permanent house.

I turned towards him and asked, “How does it feel to be back?”

“Great I think, I’m just too tired right now. I would trade anything just to be able to sleep,” he replied, yawning.

“Why don’t you open the door? I’ll just pay the cab,” I said, pushing him towards the house. He carried his bag along with him.

We didn’t have much luggage right now, it was all going to be shipped. We should wait for around a day or two for it. I turned towards the driver and paid and took my suitcase. I followed him into the house and saw that all the furniture and everything was covered with a white cloth, just as we left it. I will have to start cleaning up soon, too much work to do.

“Where are you?” I shouted.

“Upstairs!” he replied.

I went

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter