3. Surprise

Only One II [HIATUS]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Sohee:

I woke up with the sun shining down on my face from the window. Who opened the curtains? I sat up and looked to my side and saw that it was empty. Oh, so he got up before me today. I must have been very tired with the journey and the cleaning of the house. Today was the day I was planning to go to the company and meet all my friends and surprise them. It seriously took too long to settle down here again. I am already behind in surprising them. I just hope it works out.

I got out of the bed and went downstairs. On the way, I heard the showers from the hallway bathroom. He must be taking a shower. I’ll start breakfast while he is still there. I went to the kitchen and took out the pancake batter. I mixed it and left it to rest for a while and took out glasses for milk and juice. I started the coffee for myself and started making the pancake. After putting them away on the plate, I started with the bacon. Today I was making the perfect American breakfast for him.

Just when I finished putting the bacon and coffee on the table he came downstairs.

“Good morning!” he wished me excitedly.

“Good morning. How did you sleep?” I said kissing his head.

“It was good. I’m used to this place already now,” he replied, already starting his breakfast. He must have been hungry.

“Are you excited for today’s surprise like I am?” I said feeling the excitement built up.

“I think so,” he said, still busy with his food.

When he is eating he just forgets about everything else. That’s one of his bad habits. Nobody can come between him and his food. Sometimes I feel he might leave me for it but he did promise that he never would. I started on my breakfast too and was really looking forward to today.

After finishing breakfast, he went to watch some TV while I took my shower. I was done and then we made our way to the company. The nearer we got to the building, my heart started to race faster. It has been long since I last entered the building. Even if I did come to Seoul I never visited the company. They all must be surprised to see me there today.

When we reached the building I just kept looking at the door; I wasn’t so sure anymore. Was it a good idea to surprise them here? I could have called them to meet somewhere too but that would spoil the fact that I’m here in Seoul. Oh well, now or never. With that, I pushed the door and entered.

I looked towards him and smiled. He was awed by the inside, he had never accompanied me here too. There were many floors so he just kept glancing around, I did too. This place hasn’t really changed much at all. I feel like when I was still working here, the nostalgia hit me hard. I was in my own thoughts when I was shaken back to reality.

“Excuse me ma’am but you can’t enter the building without permission.” A guard stopped me.

“Oh, I’m here to meet my friends. I’m surprising them,” I replied.

“Sorry, but only employees are allowed,” he said strictly but just then another guard came. He used to work here when I was still working here.

“Oh, Sohee-shi!” he exclaimed shocked and the other guard seems shocked too.

“Annyeong ahjusshi. Nice to meet you again. I came to meet my friends, I can go in, right?” I asked.

“Yeah sure, go in.” He waved me off, with that we went off.

“Let’s go. I want to see the practise studio too,” he said excitedly.

“Khaja!” I said taking his hand and pulling him the elevator.

When we got in I pressed the floor number and waited. I remember fooling around in this elevator when we use to go up and down just for fun and cause trouble to our managers. Soon we reached the floor and the elevator dinged. We got out and went in search for the correct practice room. We went room peeping in each door. Where were they practising? At last, we found the room and got ready to enter.

We just pushed the door and shouted “Surprise!”

All of them turned around and saw us. They all had a shocked face and stood still. Nobody moved for more than two minutes. It was all quiet except for the song playing on the stereo.

“Okay, we weren’t really expecting this reaction. Maybe be a surprise but not this much,” I said trying to break the awkward silence.

“Oh my God I can’t believe this you are really here!” Yenny shouted running towards us and the rest followed suit. They all jumped on me, so we were all sprawled on the floor. It took a long time to untangle ourselves and get up.

“I still can’t really believe that you are here,” Lim said, her voice shaking a little.

I went to her and hugged her and said, “I missed you guys a lot too.”

Between all the commotion I completely forgot about my companion until Yubin asked: “And who is this?”

Now all their attention was on him.

“Unni don’t you all remember him? You guys met already,” I said trying to freshen their memory.

“Is it him?” Sunye suddenly asked excitedly.

I just nodded my head and turned towards him and said, “Come on introduce yourself.”

“Annyeonghaseo, my name is Lee Soo Hyun. Nice to meet you all.” He said bowing to them.

Everybody was awing over him and then suddenly he turned towards me and asked: “Mom, how’d I do?”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter