Third

Kid Leader

Jonghyun wouldn't call it being jealous because he wasn't, really.
Why would he feel jealous about coming back home to find Minho sprawled on the couch caressing Jinki's blond hair while the baby was lying on the older's chest small hands closed into tiny fist holding onto the rapper'shirt. It wasn't something to be jealous of, of course.
So he just side eyed the two for a moment before going in the kitchen to grab something to drink, and he was doing a great job at ignoring them, at least he believed.
"They are cute right?" Said Taemin appearing out of nowhere and almost giving the older singer an heart attack; sending a glare to the maknae for scaring him Jonghyun simply shrugged, responding with a grunt.
"And you're jealous." And that wasn't a question, it hold instead a teasing tone, the same tone that Taemin used 90% of the time he had been talking to him after Jinki turned.
"Taemin please, I don't really know where are you trying to go with this." Replied Jonghyun acting unaffected.
"It's ok hyung, don't worry." Said the younger while patting his shoulder before leaning on the door frame, looking at the cute display on the couch.
"Maybe I should tell it to Key hyung though, since he was the one who made the rule." Continued the other only meaning to be heard by Jonghyun.
"What are you talking about, uh?" Asked the older singer before drinking from the can of cola he had just opened.
"Minho hyung kissed Jinki hyung."
"He did what?" Jonghyun growled putting aside his can on the table.
"Uh? What I just said, he kissed hyung. You know that lip thing." Explained Taemin doing weird and wild gestures with his hands, before jumping from the door frame to follow a fuming Jonghyun towards the living room.
"Yah Minho what did we said about kissing?" Yelled the older one to Minho who was still patting Jinki's hair.
"What?" Asked the younger, voice a bit sleepy.
"We agreed to not kiss Jinki hyung, because of course he's not an actual baby, and what do you do? You kiss him!" Continued Jonghyun voice raising to which Minho only arched an eyebrow, the hand on top of Jinki's head stopping his movements.
"Eh?"
"Are you dumb or what? Why did you kiss Jinki hyu-"
"I didn't kiss Jinki hyung!" Yelled Minho, shutting his mouth because Jinki was now awake, probably thanks to their screaming.
"Yes you did- wait. Taemin!" Called a furious Jonghyun, Minho still looking quite confused sat up on the couch holding a sleepy Jinki.
"Yes hyung." Said tha maknae with a smile.
"Didn't you just say that Minho kissed Jinki hyung?" Asked the older pointing between the two youngers.
"Yes I did. Minho hyung kissed Jinki's hyung forehead just a few minutes ago." Explained the dark haired boy with an angelic smile on his face.
"Hi- his forehead?" Asked Jonghyun, cheeks going on fire.
"Yup. I said it to you, maybe you didn't hear?." Offered the younger with the same tone.
"No you didn't!" Yelled Jonghyun, trying to not look at Minho because it was just too embarassing.
"You're mad because I kissed hyung's forehead?" Asked an incert Minho, eyebrow high.
"No I- I mean he didn't sa-"
"But maybe Kibum hyung didn't really forbid to kiss hyung on the forehead, right? I mean who would get mad for such an innocent kiss."
Jonghyun wanted to dig an hole and hide in it, even more when Jinki throw a glance towards him, happy smile on his lips.
"Hyung, are you okay?" Asked Minho still confused.
"I... I'll go to my room now..." Murmured the singer, and before he could reach his room and cry out of embarrassmnet he could hear Kibum screaming over the bathroom's door.
"Yah Taemin ah don't bully Jonghyun hyung!"


                                       .


Taemin didn't really listen to Kibum in the end.
He kept making fun of Jonghyun's not so hidden crush everytime he could and at some point Kibum joined trying to be subtle about it; it seemed like Minho was the only one who didn't know about his crush and considering what happened just few days ago Jonghyun though he was almost lucky the rapper was too occuipied swaying all over Jinki too notice.
Almost.
Yeah almost because he accepted that he was indeed being a little jealous, well at least to himself.
Anyway he really couldn't care too much about that because after 5 days Jinki had still to come back; no one really talked about it, too scared to share their worries, but it was clear in their eyes the this situation was worrying them. It wasn't like they could go and ask a doctor about it, all they knew was from what their manager told them about old experience, and no other cases came close to the one of their hyung.
They could just wait and hope for everything to turn out fine and pretend that it was ok.


                                      .


"Oh and don't forget to give him a bath hyung, I'm serious, if I come back to find that you haven't bathed him already I'll throw something at you." Threaten Key after putting his shoes on, coat hanging from his shouders, while Jonghyun nodded at him with a bored look.
The silver haired one was again in charge of taking care of Jinki all alone, and while Minho and Taemin were already out for their schedule Kibum was still there (for a short time, he oped) grabbing the last few things before heading towards the theater for another performance, reminding him all the things that he should and shouldn't do.
"Yeah yeah Kibum you can go now." Jonghyun said with a weary tone, moving his hand in the air to tell the younger to leave.
"Don't talk to me like that." Replied the rapper, the grimace being on his face just the time to talk with the older before changing with one of pure affection when he looked at the blond baby in Jonghyun's arms.
"See you later Jinki ah! Be a good boy!" He said all sweet petting the baby's head who leaned into the touch.
"Yeah whatever good bye!" Said an impatient Jonghyun, lightly shoving the younger's shoulder towards the door.
"Aren't you a little to eager to be all alone with Jinki?" Asked Kibum full eyebrown arching and mouth set in a smirk.
"Wh-what! You little-"
"Yah whatever, it's not like I need you to admit it anyway." Interrupted Kibum opening the door and ignoring the older "Don't do weird stuff to him. Bye!" And before Jonghyun could let out an indignant and offendend response the rapper had already shut the door in his face.
"Can they just stop implying those kind of stuff? It's not even legal!" Exclaimed Jonghyun walking towards the living room, Jinki only letting out a little "uh" like if he was agreeing with him.
"You don't even know what I'm talking about." Pouted the older, Jinki blinking at him before smiling innocently.
"Don't look at me like this, or I'll start to believe what they said." Sighed the singer heading towards the bedroom muttering something about how this whole situation was turning him into a questionable person.


                                      .


After being around them for a bit Jinki got a lot more comfortable which meant he stopped being the shy and quiet kid, he was still a sweetheart but a lot more hyper. Smiling at him Jonghyun thought about how much this reminded him of the adult Jinki; he could remember how shy he had been the first day at the company, and he knew from the start that the boy was an introvert with a lot to share and discover. That's why he took it upon himself to show him around to try and make him more comfortable which resulted in Jonghyun being emabarassed, because he had talked to him like a friend when Jinki was actually older than him, but Jinki seemed to be even more sorry than him when he had to correct the younger about his age.
That's just how his hyung was.
And he missed him a lot.
Thankfully the baby distracted Jonghyun offering him a plush to play with his own, smile replacing the worried expression on his face, because it wasn't time for him to mope, he needed to take care of his hyung.
"Hyung why don't we try something else, uh?" Asked the older while putting down the peluche, Jinki looking at him with curious eyes before opening his arms to be picked up.
"Hey you can walk." Replied the other while getting up from the floor, but only getting a quirked smile in response.
"You're terrible really." Muttered Jonghyun defeated while holding him up, Jinki rubbing his cheek against his chest as he always liked to do when he was being held up.
"So we are going to try something you should be familiar with." Explained the older getting in his and Taemin's shared room going towards the digital piano in one of the corner, sitting down at the bench and Jinki on his lap.
"Why don't you try something?" Offered the older looking at the baby who throw a questioning look at him before looking at the piano like it was some weird thing. It almost looked like Jinki was trying to study the piano to see what it actually was, was it safe? How it worked? Jonghyun chuckled behind his hand looking at the cute scene in front of his eyes, Jinki was just as entertaining as always, you could sit down and stare at him for hours and never be bored, because he was just so charming in many ways. After a few minutes of staring the baby dared to touch one of the keys,
withdrawing his finger as soon as it made a sound, looking at Jonghyun probaly asking about it. The older smiled, murmuring a "go on" of encouragement and the blond was trying again. The second time he tried he pressed two keys, absolutely amused by the result, looking up at Jonghyun with smiling eyes. They played with the piano for a bit, Jonghyun trying to teach Jinki a few notes, the baby looking so involved in his words, big eyes staring back at Jonghyun as if he was explaing the most interesting thing in the world. It made him feel kind of proud till he started to play a few notes of "Honesty" and Jinki didn't sing along like he used to love to do, then he felt pretty depressed.
"Hyung?" Called Jinki when Jonghyun didn't move for a few minutes, eyes full of worry. Jonghyun looked at him and he felt like crying because he missed his hyung so much and the fact that he was there but still he wasn't made him feel so sad.
"Hyung..." Jinki called him again, hand reaching to touch his cheek, a little smile on his lips, and it reminded him so much of his hyung that Jonghyun remembered that yes Jinki was still there and that he was going to come back eventually, they only needed to wait a little than everything would turn ok for them.
"Sorry, you're right. I won't be sad." He replied smiling to the younger while patting his head. "Why don't we go to color now, uh?"


                                        .


"Oh my gosh Key is going to kill me." Exclaimed Jonghyun with an hopeless tone.
When they went in the living room to have more space to paint with the watercolors and paints that Kibum bought to let Jinki play, they sitted down and scattered a few white papers on the floor to color. Even though Jinki was the one supposed to enjoy it more than everyone else Jonghyun was indeed having so much fun painting like a kid, brushes, water and colors everywhere. Of course he kept glancing towards Jinki every so often because he loved to see his sparkling eyes, waving the brushes with light like a real artist.
It was cute.
Smiling to himself Jonghyun was distracted by the growl of his stomach, taking his phone he checked the time and was surprised to see it was pretty late, almost dinner time. So he went in the kitchen to grab something to eat before dinner, throwing looks at Jinki while searching in the cabinets because with kids you can never be too careful.
It happened in an instant, one second he was looking at Jinki, the other in the credence to grab chips, and then Jink was covered in paint.
Which brought Jonghyun to his mental breakdown, while Jinki was quietly smiling to himself, right cheeck smeared with red, the left one with a bright yellow, chin with dark blue, right ear with green and all his clothes with all the color he could possible have at hand.
"Jinki!" Jonghyun whined like a kid, arms flapping all over the place, gettin even more frustrated when the blond simply laughed at him.
"Ok Kim Jonghyun you needed to wash him anyway, you can do it. It's a kid what's wrong with it." He said to himself "There is nothing wrong right?" He didn't even sound a little bit convincing.
"Key already did it, it's not hard. But maybe he was right I'm a dirty minded person in the end!" He wailed on the floor while Jinki just kep laughing at him, even a baby, what's wrong with people laughing at him?
"OK ok, Jonghyun be a man!" Getting up and still trying to convince himself,  he went towards Jinki and holding him up at arm lenght because he didn't want to get dirty, he went towards the bathroom.
"Uhm... so I need to... ehm take off your clothes." He mumbled to Jinki, currently sitting on the toilet, who wore a confused look on his face. When he tried to remove Jinki's shirt though the kid blocked him with his hands, a pout on his face. Jonghyun went for a second try but Jinki whined repeating the same gesture.
"Uh what?" Asked the older trying to look at Jinki's face, but the kid lowered his head still whining, backing away from him.
"You're blushing... you're embarassed?!" Realized the older staring back at the little kid who blushed even more.
"This doesn't even make sense." Shaking his head he would have laughed if Jinki didn't really look seriusly troubled by the situation.
"Oh uhm sorry. Why don't you do it yourself, uh?" Proposed Jonghyun holding onto Jinki tiny hand; the kid throw an insecure glance at him still pouting.
"I'll leave you the towel there so you can cover yourself, all right? I'll uhm turn away now." And with that he reached the door and turned the other way, giving complete "privacy" to Jinki.
After a bit Jonghyun heard Jinki muttering something so he slowly turned around to find the baby huddled in the towel he left him and he couldn't help but smile, because again he was just too cute.
Reaching him Jonghyun crouched down on his knees trying to look at his eyes but he kept them low, so he tried something to make him comfortable.
"I'm going to do a magic now, look at me." And once he got Jinki's attention he squeezed a good amount of bodywash in the tube before opening the water letting it being covered in soap bubbles, glancing at Jinki he could see how amazed he was, neck going forward to see what was happening. When he was done checking that the water was warm and not too hot he turned to Jinki again trying to understand how he was feeling about the bath now.
"So do you want to jump in?" Asked the older using the most appealing tone he could master, Jinki still looking a bit shy so he tried to reassure him again "I won't look at you... if you... you know... that stuff." He couldn't believe he was having this conversation with his hyung two years old's form,  it didn't make sense and it was so embarassing. But Jinki looked convinced so he crawled  towards him, arms poking out asking to be put in the bubble bath, and Jonghyun complied, eyes half shut to at least see what he was doing and where he was putting his hyung.
The moment Jinki got in the tube and was mostly covered in bubble he turned back to being comfortable playing with the soap like any other kid, Jonghyun on the other hand breathed a sigh of relief, poking Jinki nose just because.
After washing the paint off Jinki's face, washing his hair and what he could of his body without dying of embarassment he went to take Jinki out of the tube.
"Hyung!" Called Jinki all excited "Uh?" Replied Jonghyun with a distracted glance before his upper half was drenched in water, the younger giggling still splashing water at him as if it was the funniest thing in the planet.
"Yah Jinki stop it!" He tried to sound demanding, but Jinki had won over him so many times already (and not only when he was a kid) that he knew he could still go on even while the other used that tone. With a lot of struggle he finally pulled Jinki out of the water and in the towel, going to dry him as soon as possible, still muttering about being completely drenched while the kid kept laughing at him. Putting one of Jinki now oversized's shirt on the kid he checked to see if his hair were dry, and since everything looked just like it should have been, he picked Jinki up to go in the living room feeling drained of his energy but still kind of proud.
Sitting Jinki on the couch he went to pick up all the stuff they left on the floor, which was a lot, laying aside all the drawing they had done to show them to the other when they got back home. When he was done though he found Jinki asleep on the couch, completely curled up under his shirt, blond fringe partially covering his eyes. Smiling to himself Jonghyun reached to caress his soft cheeks, Jinki mumbling something under his breath, something he couldn't catch. Since Jinki was now sleeping Jonghyun opted to shower and change from hiw wet clothes; covering Jinki with a blanket and bringing his favorite sheep next to him, in case he woke up while Jonghyun was still showering, he went towards the bathroom.
                                      

                                       .


"Oh wow it's raining pretty hard, uh?" Muttered Jonghyun drying his silver hair with a towel; with the stream of the shower he didn't notice it, but it was raining a lot, the weather was changing indeed.
After dressing up he collected his and Jinki's clothes, jumping now and then because of thunders, he really hoped his hyung wouldn't wake up.
"Oh but maybe I should, he didn't even eat afte- oh wow a blackout, nice." He growled annoyed, trying to reach for his phone to make light in the bathroom. He stopped mid step when a frightfull thunder broke the silence of the dorm, he almost felt like the whole room was shaking. Then he heard it, the abrupt cry of fear coming from the living room.
Rushing out of the door he hurried towards the living, Jinki's crying blindly guiding him in the darkness of the dorm.
"Jinki!" He called trying to get the baby know that he was there, he wasn't alone, but Jinki kept crying and crying and he felt his heart broke.
"I'm here, I'm here." He said reaching the couch were Jinki was, before kneeling and embracing him in a tight hug, crushing him against his chest, the baby's hand curling around his shirt immediately.
"It's ok, I'm here." He repeated patting Jinki's head, biting his lips hearing him cry so much. He must have been so scared by the thunder, then he woke up in the dark and alone, Jonghyun wanted to punch himself in the face for leaving him alone. He brought the blanket on the couch over Jinki to try and cover his ears, muffling the noise of the thunders outside, trying to lull Jinki into calmnness again whispering sweet words to him.
After Jinki had stopped crying Jonghyun took him to his bed to calm him down; even while lying Jinki wouldn't let go of Jonghyun's shirt, probably still scared about what happened before. Not really knowing what to do the singer opted to continue to gently caress Jinki's hair while whispering soothing words. After a while Jinki seemed to have fallen asleep and Jonghyun let out a sigh of relief, he was so scared probably more than Jinki had been, beside he was really stressed.
"Hyung when are you going to come back, eh?" He whispered still caressing Jinki soft hair, worrying overcoming him at that point.
"You're really cute now you know." He chuckled to himself "but I still like you more when you're grown up. I know I often say that you are not funny, but I'm kidding, you know? Also you can't even talk right now, let alone sing." The singer stopped to let out another sigh, this time taking a pause before continuing.
"I miss your voice... a lot." He mumbled hugging Jinki's body even more; he stayed like that for a few minutes without saying or doing anything, just thinking about everything that had happened during the past week and trying to not get consumed by the worry of not getting his hyung back.
"I like you." Jonghyun suddenly said "A lot actually, I mean, I really really like you. Sometimes i don't think you get it, well it's not like I'm even trying to let you." and after a small pause he went on "Would you laugh at me? Nah, you're just too nice to do that."
"You would probably be all flustered though." He chuckled again just thinking about it but after that the singer grunted massaging his temples trying to get his senses back "What I'm even saying to a two years old, oh gosh I really lack too much sleep." And after another small look at his hyung, a whispered "I miss you" on top of his head after a small kiss he drifted to a long awaited and deserved sleep.
 
                                   
                                     .


Jonghyun was used to sleep hugging a pillow it was somewhat comforting, he didn't get why, but sometimes it helped him getting some rest which was very difficult for him.
Anyway when he woke up in the middle of the night and tried to get more comfortable with his pillow he soon realized that something was different. Still with his eyes closed he went to squeeze his pillow to adjust it, but something was off, it was just weird... opening his eyes and looking down he was met with a blond head of soft hair smelling like peach, and while it was extremely nice that he just wanted to sink his nose in it to inhale the scent, the little rational part of him who just woke up told him to do otherwise.
He yawned while rubbing his eyes and looked down again 'Oh it's Jinki hyung' he thought while calmly patting his hair down out of habit, but then he took a double take.
"Oh damn it's Jinki hyung!" He almost screamed stopping himself just in time to let out instead only an agitated whisper. He did remember falling asleep with Jinki, but the last time he checked he was smaller and the shirt he was wearing was actually over sized, not hugging his body in a way which left only a little to his already wild imagination.
"What th- damn what do I do?" He said trying to get up but Jinki still had a quite strong grip on his shirt from last night.
"Jonghyun ah?" Murmured sleeply Jinki and his heart made a weird jump in his chest and he was stuck for a moment because 'Oh wow I really missed his voice'.
"Jonghyun ah, it's you?" Asked Jinki, lying in bed with his eyes still closed and Jonghyung let out an hesitant "Yeah?" looking intently at him. Then Jinki seemed to realize something for the first time since he had woken up and suddenly opened his eyes locking them with Jonghyun's one, again, thought the singer.
"Oh my God Jonghyun!" Exclaimed Jinki jumping from his position to throw his arm around the younger boy and constrict him into a warm hug. Jonghyun was taken by surprise and for the first few seconds he didn't really react, then he smiled to himself and hugged his hyung back, finally.
"Welcome back hyung." He said, the relief of the situation making a warm sensation grow in his body "I missed you" and he didn't even care or probably he didn't even realize when he blurted out those three words.
Jinki didn't say anything for a few minutes just letting himself drown in the feeling of being there again, in his own and actual body, to act like himself, and do what he was used to but mostly thinking about being able to sing again.
"I know." He said after a while, a knowing tone now in his voice. Jonghyun didn't really get what he was talking about, and since Jinki didn't receive a reply he shifted back removing his arms from Jonghyun, he blinked his eyes looking at him.
"I said I know." He repeated with a playful smile on his full lips.
"What do you mean?" Asked Jonghyun and Jinki chuckled bowing his head to then look at him again, a mischievous glint in eyes and with something that looked almost like a smirk on his lips.
"I mean that I remember everything."
"Uhm ok you remember ever-" His confused words were cut when Jinki grabbed his shirt and moved closer only a few inches separating them, and the smell of peach was so incredibly strong it was almost too much for him. And really he wanted to be distracted by his hyung nice and sweet scent or whatever really, but Jinki had his warm chocolate eyes fixed on his own and he was so mesmerized that he almost didn't realize when Jinki had leaned forward to gently press his lips onto his own. The kiss was nice, sweet and soft just like his hyung but he didn't have time to get used to the feeling because Jinki shifted back just a tiny bit, the needed space to whisper something against his lips.
"I told you I remember everything."
Realization suddenly hit him, and he wished that someone would come in and save him form this situation, because why the hell did he confess to his hyung two year old's form?
"Oh."
"Uh uh"
But then Jinki was there, pressing his body against his own, looking all nice and soft with his tousled hair and smelling like heaven, and he just needed to lean a tiny bit to taste him again, why would he even care about his awkward confession?
Smiling at how the situation turned to be he brought one of his hand behind Jinki's head, something like "What are you even?" leaving his lips before pressing them to his hyung's.
This second time Jonghyun actually had the time to appreciate the feeling of Jinki's lips, which were just like he had immaginated them to be, plump, incredibly soft and a little bit moist. And he probably got lost in all this because it was actually Jinki to move his head a little to the left to change angle while the hand that was gripping Jonghyun's shirt from before inched him forward, body pressing together. Then Jinki shyly poked his tongue out to take it back just as soon, and it was so brief that Jonghyun could have imagined it, but the feeling was so overweling that he knew it was real.
After that it was Jonghyun who moved few inches back, just the brief time to stare at Jink's half closed eyes and feel his soft breathing on his lips, before he was back to kiss him again this time gently caressing Jinki's bottom lips with his tongue, hands moving from the back of his head to cup his jaw, and for a brief moment he thought Jinki was going to duck his head away, but he just let out a little inaudible gasp before parting his lips to accomodate him. As soon as his tongue was inside, Jinki realesed the grip he had on Jonghyun's shirt but he kept his palm there, and Jonghyun felt almost self conscious about the possibility of Jinki realizing how fast his heart was beating, but he decided that he didn't care because the older one started to move his tongue to meet his own and it was nice and warm and it was the only thing that mattered for him.
 

                                         .


After making out for a while, some touching here and there and getting aware of Jinki's liking to often and bite his lower lip like a kitten, the two finally parted, face still a few inches away from each other,letting out a small laugh.
"I'm so glad to be back." Said Jinki, the mischievous tone so easy to hear in his words.
"Of course you are." Smiled Jonghyun while the hand that had been resting against his hyung's slim waist slipped to his thigh, his very bare thigh.
Oh right.
"Hey hyung."
"Uh?"
"Do you know you're completely under there, right?"
Jinki priceless expression was worth the pillow he got shoved in face, while he screamed at Jonghyun to go and pick some boxer for him.


~~~~~

And we are done!
I hope you guys enjoyed, I apologize for my english once again I'll try to get better by writing and writing again! Also I apoligize because this update was a bit late, but SHINee won their first Daesang and I was just dying in all my feels, I'm so proud of them ;.;
Also I'd like to thank all the people who commented and subscribed to this story, it was a great encouragement for me I hope you'll support me again in the future (if I'll be able to write something else lol).
And lastly I have a surprise for you, well it really depends, anyway I've also wrote and alternative ending to this fic, alternative more like uhm . I already completed it, because I had this idea in my mind and I felt like letting it out, anyway I'm bit shy about it because again it's english and also because it's my first . I'm 90% convinced about posting it, but i'm still thinking, don't expect too much though because of course it's a bit uhm awkward I'd say?
I talked a bit too much, right? I'll go now, bye!