Second

Kid Leader

In the end they couldn't really do much about their leader state of undress because obviously they didn't have anything to fit him in, so the only solution was to leave Jinki drapped in his original yellow shirt, it wasn't the best but it keep him covered. The next rational thing to do was to call their manager to let him know that, well they did find Jinki in the end, just a tiny bit younger. The ones who got surprised were them though because the manager simply sighed and said something along the line of "So it's him this time?"
Apparently it was something that had happened to other idols in their company (the manager decided to keep the names a secret because it worked like that) and it lasted only a relatively small span of time, 3 to 4 days, then everyone had returned to their original age without any complications. ("If you don't count my heart attack as a complications." Said Key)
Before ending the call they asked their manager to bring some baby's clothes because four idols couldn't go shopping for a bunch of baby's clothes without turning the whole thing in a huge scandal for reasons, and that settled it.
About Jinki... he seemed to have a liking for Kibum; in fact after that one attempt to go to Jonghyun he didn't try anything else and just kept clinging to Kibum and looking around. The dark aired boy was actually happy about it "It's like an imprinting." he said and when Jonghyun told him that it didn't make sense at all since he was the one with whom Jinki made eye contact first he only received a "You looked like a fish, it probably doesn't work between human and animal" in response, Minho had to shut him from blurting out a series of profanity reminding him that now he was in presence of a baby, so he should control his mouth. (According to Taemin, Key had simply watched Breaking Down recently and he got things mixed up, but he only dared to say this to Jonghyun)
Kibum still holding Jinki like a caring dad, with Minho on his tail because "He wanted to hold Jinki hyung", decided it was time to settle a few rule in order to live in a good way this experience.
"First of all Jinki is never going to be left alone, always keep an eye on him."
"Don't you think you're being a bit too much calling him only by his first name?" Asked Jonghyun crossing his arms over his chest.
"Do you really want me to call a 2 years old hyung?"
"Makes sense." Said Taemin from the couch.
"Beside I think he likes it when I call him by his name, look. Jinki ah." He said in a sing song voice all dripping honey, and Jonghyun would have rolled his eyes if Jinki didn't actually turn to Kibum to chuckle clapping his hands. "See? I told you." Said Key all proud while Minho was swaying all over Jinki and how cute he was (which was what he actually did when Jinki was still 23 so it didn't make much of a difference anyway).
"Then i thought about something, and this is really important so pay attention. We found Jinki in his clothes, so he probably shrunk back, which means that he could actually turn to his age anytime and be wearing child clothes." And at this point he stopped, maybe hoping someone would grasp what he wanted to say but since no one talked he went on. "What I'm trying to say is that it would be really dangerous for Jinki to turn back while wearing baby's clothes, because for example the collar of his shirt would be too little and what if he chokes? Or who knows maybe if he doesn't have space to grow he'll never go back to being like our Jinki."
"Hyung you're in panic, really." Said Taemin sitting up on the couch with a worried expression on his face.
"No I'm not, I'm just trying to... uh I don't know." He continued a bit lost that Minho coulnd't help but put a shooting hands on his shoulder to try and comfort him.
"Go on Kibum, we are listening, we'll do what you say I'm sure it's a good idea." Spoke Jonghyun trying to reassure him, and after sending a small smile to both him and Minho the black haired guy continued. "What I'm saying is that it's okay letting him be in baby's clothes when we are around because if he turns back we can help him out of it, which by the way takes you to the first rule of never leaving him alone, but during the night I think we should let him be in his shirts so he won't be in dagner while sleeping and I won't have a seizure." And by the end of his speech he was already back to his old confident attitude.
Kibum's list of rule was kind of long and also unnecessary in some point, which Jonghyun loved to point out, but after some time they seemed to be done with it.
"And last but not least don't try anything with him, he isn't an actual baby, which means no one is going to kiss Jinki, okay? Did you hear me Kim Jonghyun?"
"What? Do I look like I would kiss Jinki hyung because now he's a baby?" Spluttered Jonghyun absolutely outraged looking to Minho and Taemin for their support in the matter but tha maknae looked at him in a way which clearly said 'You would kiss him because he's Jinki not because he's a baby' so he went all flustered and decided to shut up because clearly the world hated him that day.

                                                                                                                                        .


Jonghyun thought that living with a baby would have been simple, thinking back at Hello Baby he believed he did a pretty decent job, anyway he didn't really reckon that Jinki was the baby this time.
Because a little Jinki was the epitome of cute.
When the manager brought them some clothes Kibum decided to put Jinki in a denim overall and red shirt and then decided to ruin Jonghyun's day tying the baby's hair on top of his head "Because his fringe it's too long right now, and look at how cute he is! He looks like an apple!" he said, and Jonghyun wanted to throw something at him because he didn't need them to make Jinki look cuter.
Beside Jinki was such a sweetheart, he was shy and quiet but really curious, so once he let go of Kibum (finally thought Jonghyun) he started to wander around the dorm looking at everything, and what made him almost cry was when Jinki suddenly grabbed his pants and looking up at him with big, bright and shiny eyes he pointed to the few plushie they had on the shelf, gift from various fans.
"Ehm, so you... ehm want them?" He asked awkwardly but Jinki only blinked up at him and he wanted to cry.
"Let's fly!" Said Minho rushing to his side and holding Jinki up, the baby letting out a laugh as soon as he was up in the air. Minho made him spin around a few times imitating the sound of an airplane to stop in front of the shelf holding a still laughing Jinki.
"Hyung you should have got Jinki hyung a peluche if he wanted to."
"I wanted to, you stopped me!"
"You're too slow, oh well you're the oldest one now."
"Yah Choi Minho!"
"Shhh! You're going to scare him again." He said adjusting his hold on Jinki who was looking at him with a curious expression, and he was just a kid but his look still made him uncomfortable, like if he was trying to read trought him and he felt indeed scared of what the kid could find in them.
What took the cake of his first day with a baby Jinki thought was when Taemin decide it was time for him to learn their name. Jinki didn't really said a word since they found him but he was at the age in which he probably could learn, so after dinner they riunited in the living room and looking expectantly at their leader they started to try and teach him their name.
Jinki looked really happy, Jonghyun believed he loved all the attention he was given, and looked at them as if he was eager to make them proud. The singer remained out while his other member teached their name to Jinki who was really fast, looking all exicted when he got them right because it provided him a little pinch on his cheeck and he seemed so pleased everytime. Since he remained distant the whole time his name was the only one that Jinki didn't actually learn and he was absolutely fine like that, but when it was the same Jinki to turn in his direction looking at him all happy and expectant he couldn't say no, those eyes wouldn't let him.
"Ok kid listen to me" and he promtly ignored Key indignant grunt "Jo-ng-hyun" he said waiting for Jinki to repeat, but he only blinked at him so the singer repeated for him. Jinki tried he really did, but he couldn't get it right no matter how many time he tried, and Jonghyun would have let it go but Jinki looked really troubled about it, brows furrowed and mouth set in a pout.
"I guess it's just too complicated for him." Said Jonghyun shrugging.
"Uhh are you going to be jealous now, hyung?" Kibum mocked him with a mischevious smile on his lips
"What are you talking about! Do you think I'm five?"
"Maybe we should try and teach him "Jamong" instead." Proposed Minho with a fake innocent's expression on his face.
"Don't you even dare!" Threaten Jonghyun, because he wasn't going to be called like that by baby, not now or never.
"Ohh hyung don't be a baby, it would be so much easier for him."
"Don't!"
"I wonder who is the actual baby. Hyung, i guess."
"Yah!"
"Oh what about "Hyunnie?" Snickered Minho, who was enjoying this situation more than everyone else.
"My name is Jonghyun!"
"But it's cute hyung."
"Hyung."
"Uh?"
They all stopped immediatly looking at each other in surprise "Hyung!" Repeated Jinki clapping his hands and looking at him with sparkling eyes, while Taemin tried (and failed) to not laugh at Jonghyun's sudden blush. Since he didn't get a praise yet, Jinki repeated again starting to crawl towards Jonghyun all excited, but when he didn't get a reply he stopped to sit on the floor.
"Hyung?" He asked with a pout and incert eyes, making Jonghyun blush reach his neck and ears.
It was going to be hard.
 

                                                                                                                                     .


After Jinki had been changed back to one of his old and oversized shirt he fell asleep on the couch hugging a sheep's peluche, and he was absolutely adorable, just like Minho loved to point out every 2 minutes, which left them thinking about what to do the next day.
"I have the musical, Taemin has we got married to film and Minho his drama, which leaves you hyung." Said Kibum while pointing to a confused looking Jonghyun.
"Leaves me for what?" Asked the singer with big eyes not getting the whole point of what the younger was saying.
"Hyung really, what happened to you? Jinki turned 2 not you." Kibum said while rolling his eyes "Of course I'm talking about who is gonna take care of Jinki tomorrow."
"Me? What and why is that?"
"Didn't you hear what i said just now? We have schedules." Replied Kibum, and Jonghyun thought his eyes would have started to hurt if he didn't stop  rolling them so much.
"I have schedules too! We have rehearsal." Reminded him looking to all of them searching for some sort of support but getting only three raised eyebrows.
"That's not a schedule." Said Minho while going towards Jinki "We are going to leave Jinki with manager hyung for the morning, but for the rest of the day you will eventually have to stay there. What's the problem though? Seems like you don't really want to stay with him." Continued the rapper while gently taking Jinki in his arms paying attention to not wake him up.
"What are you even saying, it's not like i don't want to stay with him... I just... hey by the way what are you doing?" The rapper stopped ogling at Jinki like he was some sort of cute puppy to look at his hyung, the look of pure adoration completely gone by then. "I'm taking him to bed?" And with that the started to walk towards the room he shared with Kibum and Jinki.
"And why is that?" Asked Jonghyun suddenly irked while stomping towards Minho and Kibum, who started to follow his roomate.
"Because that's where Jinki sleeps, genius." The oldest rapper replied with an amused tone.
And with that the two went to their room leaving behind an irritated Jonghyun and a super entertained Taemin.
"Yah why are you even smiling over there!" Barked the singer throwing a glare to the maknae, who ignored him to start walking to their shared room.
"Hyung you're so obvious. But don't worry this is going to turn ok for you."
And Jonghyun knew that when even the maknae was saying cryptic stuff, he wasn't getting something important.


                                                                                                                                       .


When they woke up the next morning Jinki was still sleeping holding his little sheep, and while Jonghyun knew that it would eventually take a few days for him to turn back he had almost hoped to find him back to his original age.
When the manager arrived to look after Jinki, and when Kibum had explained all the rules he had made the previous day, they finally left not without a strange feeling, it didn't seem right to leave Jinki behind like so, but they couldn't do otherwise, because of course they couldn't go around holding a baby who looked so much like their hyung and not causing a big mess.
And indeed their feeling was somewhat right, because after almost finishing their rehearsal, Kibum's phone started ringing.
"Hello?"
"Kibum please do someth- ouch!"
"Hyung what's going on?" Asked Key switching on the speakerphone because Jonghyun started to make wild moves at him.
"He just won't stop scre- ouch Jinki that hurts!" Whined their manager over the phone, then they heard some wierd noises followed by silence. "Who thought that Jinki had it in him." Sighed the man over the phone.
"Hyung tell me what's happening." Demanded the rapper losing his patience.
"It's Jinki! As soon as he woke up and realized you guys were gone he started screaming and throwing stuff at me. He also bit my leg!"
"And why it's so quiet now?" Asked Jonghyun.
"I closed myself in the bathroom." Admitted defeated and embarassed their hyung, rubbing an hand over the back of his neck.
"You left him alone?" Screamed the four of them jumping up while on the other end their manager removed the phone form his ear.
"Oh yeah, I did. But guys he's hurting me!"
"Hyung don't leave him alone, he's a kid." Said Taemin while shaking his head.
"He might be a kid but he bites like a dog." Repeated the manager and they knew they wouldn't hear the end of this if they didn't go and "save" him from Jinki.
"Hold on hyung, Jonghyun hyung will come over soon." And with that Kibum hung up because he couldn't bear more whining from their manager.
"Hey why you only said my name, you guys are coming with me right?" The rapper started to collect his stuff before sighing "No Hyung you will be going alone, we have schedule remember?"
"But he bites!"
"Hyung, really?" Asked Kibum putting on his jacket while checking himself in front of the big mirror, the other two going over the same routine of colleting their stuff before leaving.
"I wish I could go to hyung." Murmured a defeated and pouting Minho "We know you want" Replied Kibum while exiting the door. "See you tonight, Jonghyun hyung if something happens to Jinki i'll punch you in the face." The sound of his voice light but still holding a pretty threatening tone.
"Hyung let me know if something happens, all right?" Said Minho while patting Jonghyun' shoulders before leaving followed by Taemin who put his head back in the room to whisper "Fighting!" to him.
Jonghyun just really hoped Jinki wouldn't bite him too.


                                                                                                                                     .


"Ouch Jinki stop please, don't bite my pants!" Was the first thing Jonghyung heard when he opened the dorm's door "I'm back hyung." He yelled while removing his shoes and he could clearly hear the manager's sigh of relief followed by hurried steps.
"Hyung!" Jonghyun's eyes snapped up to see Jinki cutely running towards him with a big smile on his face, and since he still had his sleeping shirt on Jonghyun was really scared he would fall and hurt himself, not as much as Kibum was going to hurt him if that actually happened though.
"Yah Jinki don't run you're going to hurt yourself!" He said while crouching down to stop an hyperactive Jinki, and as soon as Jinki was in front of him he started to flap his arms at him all excited.
"He wants you to hold him." Said the manager who appeared from the living room, a wary expression on his face which worsened when Jinki turned to him to throw a dark glare towards his direction.
"Yah kid what do you think you're doing." Said Jonghyun while holding him up, but Jinki turned to him with such and happy face that he didn't have the heart to scold him for real in the end.
As the manager was telling Jinki didn't really like the idea of being left alone with someone who weren't his band members, which made sense because when he first woke up he met them, but he had never been alone with the manager since he turned younger. Jinki now looked completely at ease sitting in Jonghyun's lap (he would start whining as soon as he tried to let him go) playing with his little sheep only stopping to glare at their manager from time to time, he probaly thought he was a thief or something.
"So see you soon hyung." Said Jonghyun walking the manager towards the door, because Jinki didn't really seems comfortable with him being there (and Jonghyun also suspected that the manager was indeed scared of the kid by now), the same Jinki who was still clinging to him like if life depended on it, hands tightly holding Jonghyun's shirt.
"Yeah, maybe I'll call you guys." Because I'm too scared of meeting Jinki again, remained unsaid, but the way he was looking at him made it pretty clear.
After saying goodbye to the manager Jonghyun sighed not knowing what to do alone with a little Jinki.
"Uhm what about going down now, eh?" The feeling of holding his hyung still weird for him, but Jinki simply smiled at him before rubbing his face on his shirt (adorably) and mumbling something along the line of "No, no, no".
"You're comfortable right?" He asked to his hyung, who nodded, face still squished on his shirt and a smile visible in his round and soft cheek. "This kid. What about eating then? It's not like biting hyung was eating..."
After their manager was gone Jinki returned to being his quiet and adorable self, Jonghyun feeling a lot more calm now, he just needed to figure out what to do while waiting for the others to come back.


                                                                                                                                         .


"We are  back!"
"Uh? We are in the living room!"
As soon as Minho and Taemin reached them Jonghyun got completely ignored because the two got all their attention to Jinki wo gave them one of his beautiful smile.
"Thank you guys, I'm fine too, no need to ask." Remarked the singer eyeing them, mouth set in a straight line and hands on his hip.
"Aww how cute our Jonghyunnie!" Taemin mocked him caressing his face "Sorry but Jinki is cuter." Continued Minho while playing with Jinki using one of his toys, a stupid (according to Jonghyun) smile on his face.
"Shut up you two." The singer said lightly slapping their thighs.
"What were you guys doing?" Asked Taemin playing absent minded with Jinki's little sheep.
"I taught hyung some stuff, right?" Said Jonghyun all proud patting Jinki's head, the kid beaming at him immediately.
"You taught him dirty stuff?" Asked Minho making a face.
"Who do you think I am!" Snapped Jonghyun midly offended.
"Do you really need an answer?" Replied Kibum entering the living room stretching his arms out in the air to then put a big smile on his face, voice going all high and sweet "Awww where is my favorite baby?" He said running towards Jinki to grab him before sitting on the floor putting the baby in his lap, the little laugh Jinki let out making his stomach twist in a very unpleasant way.
"As i was saying" Began Jonghyun throwing a glare towards Kibum who got a knowing smile on his face "I taught him some cool stuff. Hyung let's make them listen, ok?" Jinki looked at him, the same look he had last night on his face, wanting to make them proud.
"Hyung is cool!" Started Jinki "Hyung is the best! Hyung is so handsome!" Exclaimed Jinki beaming at Jonghyun, probably waiting to get a praise from him.
"Hyung really." Kibum literally facepalmed, while Minho and Taemin looked at him, an hopeless expression on their face "I won't question you, just because I don't have the patience to bear with you." Said Kibum massaging his temple, while Jonghyun patted Jinki on the head to make him happy.
"Hyung you two got pretty close, eh? Have you bathed with him?" The smile on Taemin's face everything but innocent.
"Wh- what are you even saying!" Blabbered Jonghyun completely flustered and blushing to a really dark shade of red.
"Ohh, why are blushing? What are you thinking?" A mischievous smile sitting on Taemin's full lips, eyes full of mirt "He's just a baby, you ert!" He continued while elbowing the older who was blushing like crazy.
"He's still wearing his night's clothes, you didn't wash him? Jonghyun hyung what were you doing all this time?" Asked Kibum with a confused expression, but Jonghyun just wanted to dissapear because this wasn't a conversation that he wished to have not now or ever.
"Do you think I would have bathed hyung? Are you crazy?" He asked all embarassed, pointing at Jinki but purposely not looking at him in any way.
"He's a baby please, it's not like you would bathe with hyung. Didn't you go to hot springs in the past, anyway?"
"It's different!"
"If you say so."
"Oh well I'll go shower now, do you want to give him to me hyung?" Taemin asked to Kibum while getting up, and even if he wasn't looking directly at him Jonghyun knew he was trying to pull a reaction out of him, his malicious tone said everything. He didn't really want to give in to the maknae, but he couldn't make this happen.
"No." He said firmly. "I don't trust you, not one bit, you hormonal teen!"
"What you just said proves your dirty mind hyung." Continued Taemin still smiling, and seeing that Minho wanted to jump in the conversation he fastly replied "No Minho I don't trust you either!" and the rapper let out a very indignant and offended noise "Meanwhile Kibum..." He continued, not really convinced though.
"Jonghyun hyung I don't really need your permission there, I wouldn't leave Jinki in your dirty hands anyway. You brats." He snarled while getting up, holding a confused Jinki. "We are going to wash ourself up now, bye." And with that he entered the bathroom clicking the door.
"Oh wow this conversation sounds really wrong." Commented Minho after a while.
"It does because you two continue to see Jinki hyung in that kid. He's hyung of course, but it's different. That's why Key hyung doesn't trust you two." Explained Taemin with an easy tone.
"He didn't trust you either though." Retorted Jonghyun with a pout.
"Of course, but I was just making fun of you two." And Jonghyun didn't really like the tone of his voice, because it felt like Taemin knew something that he couldn't really grasp. "I'm tired, Hyung do you mind if I shower first?" Asked the maknae while stretching, Minho nodding his head still confused.
After a while Jonghyun remained alone in the living room, Taemin gone to bed, Minho to shower and Kibum still in the bathroom, and the maknae's words still in his mind.
It was indeed true that he still saw his hyung in that kid, but he was indeed Jinki hyung so it was completely normal. Maybe he couldn't really act natural because he had a crush on his hyung, and Taemin seemed to know and he was actually making fun of him, the thought of it made him blush in embarassment. While trying to stop the burn of his cheeks he heard the door of the bathroom being open, a freshly showered Kibum coming out holding Jinki covered in a fluffy and huge white towel. And just when Jonghyun thought that they were heading towards their room to sleep, Kibum went towards him.
"I think he really started to like you after today, he wouldn't keep quiet about how you saved him from the bad bear, who I suppose is manager hyung. Oh well that's what I got from his wild explanation." Shrugging his shoulders Kibum stopped in front of him, Jinki small face, a bit red from the bath, sticking out from the big towel to shily smile at the singer.
"He wanted to say bye to you." Explained Kibum, trying to cover his amused tone with a look of annoyance, before handing Jinki towards him. Jonghyun blinked surprised locking eyes with the kid, who put his small hand on the singer face to quickly kiss his cheek before ducking back into the towel, a giggle escaping his mouth.
"You bastard." Scoffed at him Kibum before going for their room, leaving a gaping Jonghyun behind, mouth open and an hand on top oh his kissed cheek.
Oh , he thought.

 

 

~~~~~

Hello I'm back with the second chapter, I hope you enjoyed. It came out longer than I intended it to be, I don't know how I feel about some parts, I hope it's not confusing, english not being my first language makes me really worried ^^;

I am still not sure if the next chapter will be the last one or not, it depends on how long it will be, I've already wrote the very end, but I'm not sure about the other parts, I have a lot of ideas lol Anyway I'll stop talking now, see you soon!