First

Kid Leader

Jonghyun grunted rolling around under the covers in an attempt to shut his phone which had started ringing waking him up, but the attempt to shut it down were useless and so the singer decided to pull his head out from under the covers to get the darn thing to shut up.
"Manager hyung?" He mumbled sleepily, squinting his eyes trying to read the name of the person who was calling.
"Hello?" Ah hyung don’t yell, it’s morning!" He said moving the phone away from his ear, "What? Jinki hyung? No he’s not there… well, at least not in this room." He continued understanding by the irritated tone of the manager that he wasn’t going back to sleep anytime soon, so he pulled his legs out of bed, and rubbing his eyes he got up. Still trying to understand the reason for the manager’s rant he left the room he shared with Taemin (lucky kid was still sleeping) to go in the kitchen.
"What? Jinki hyung didn’t show up for the schedule ?" He asked in disbelief ‘He would never do something like this’ he thought. "Hyung that old man probably didn’t hear the alarm and he is still sleeping, it’s not like he dissapeared.” The singer continued more relaxed now missing his warm bed so much. “Yeah yeah I got it, I’ll go in his room, I’ll wake him and then I’ll give the phone to him.” and the ‘because he’s the one who deserve to be screamed at remained unsaid. But once he entered the room Jinki shared with Key and Minho he found his bed to be empty. “Hyung can I call you back?” And without waiting for an answer Jonghyun hang up. Well Jinki wasn’t there, that for sure, he would have noticed, so he thought that maybe he was in the bathroom. Exiting from the room he immediately turned towards the bathroom which door was half open, he went to check just to be sure, but still the leader wasn’t there. After watching in every room without finding him Jonghyun began to panic, which included thinking about scenarios the could be envied by horror movies. Without knowing what to do he decided that the best decision at that time was to wake the others, because having a group’s mental breackdown was certainly better than having one by himself.


Even if they were all sleeping, the words “Jinki hyung disappeared” served to wake them all of sudden, and after another tour of the whole dorm (just in case the leader decided to suddenly appear out of nowhere) they were all riunited together in the living room.
"Maybe he’s on his way to the schedule? Maybe we should try to call manager hyung again." Offered Key.
"But his shoes are still there, everything is in order, it’s just like he dissapeared. Pouf!" Jonghyun said, making a weird movement with his hands that probably described the dissapearence of their leader by magic.
"Hyung wouldn’t simply dissapear like this, right?" Asked a worried Taemin.
"Of course no, he wouldn’t. Maybe he forgot to have a schedule and he just went out?" Said Minho trying to be positive.
"And Jinki hyung is the type to forget a schedule, and still wake up early in the morning, for I don’t know, go for a run?" Began Key jumping up from the couch "I don’t know about you, but I don’t like this situation. Now I’ll go out and search for that old man! But first I need a coffee."
The other three nodded and followed Key in the kitchen ready to drink a coffee to get their energy back.
"Sit down Key, I’ll make the coffee." Minho said gently while taking Key’s place in fron of the coffe machine, the black haired boy gave him a small smile of gratitude before heading over to the table to sit down.
"Oh my God!" Yelled Key
"What’s goin on?" Asked allarmed the other three looking at him.
"There is a baby there!" Screamed the rapper pointing a finger to the chair on which he was going to sit. Ok Key was shocked and concerned, but even someone as emotionl as him couldn’t have vision in such a situation.
"What are you even say… oh my God a baby!" Jonghyun shouted terrified.
On one of the kitchen’s chairs there was in fact a small child, quietly sleeping, curled up in what appeared to be a huge yellow t-shirt that fully covered him.
"Ok ok, why there’s a child in our dorm?" Minho asked slightly hysterical after reaching the others around the chair.
"He came out of the cereal box. How could I know why there is a baby in our dorm?" Replied Key all agitated.
The leader disappeared and unknown baby was sleeping quietly in their dorm, all this was more than Jonghyun could bear, especially so early in the morning; rubbing his temples he tried to think for a solution, for something to do, whatever it was.
"Uhm sorry." Poked in Taemin shutting the two rapper "But don’t you think there are a bit too much coincidences going on?
"What?" They all asked, the youngest of the group, who was sitting next to the chair where the baby was sleeping, shook his head as if in exasperation.
"Jinki hyung suddenly disappears and now a child appears." He explained using an eloquent tone as if the point of his statement was obvious.
"Taemin I swear if you say something about an illegitimate child I -" Threatened Key but before he could finish the maknae stopped him "The child is not hyung’s, he is hyung." He said pointing to the small baby.
"Are you crazy?" Exclaimed Key exasperated.
"Taemin I understand that you’re shocked and worried, but what you’re saying doesn’t make sense." Said Jonghyun while patting his shoulder.
"I might be shocked and worried, but the three of you can’t really count on great observation skills."
"What are you talking about?"
"Look!" He said pointing to the baby’s face
"Well?" Asked Key crouching down near the chair with the other two.
"He has something of hyung…?" Said Minho.
"Look closer." Insisted Taemin.
"The mole." Murmured Jonghyun with a shoked expression and an open mouth. The child curled up on the chair had indeed the same mole on his lower lip just like their hyung.
"Ahh it can be a coincidence." Replied Key in disbelief.
"Oh really? How many people do you know who have a mole right in the middle of their lower lip?" Insisted Taemin sure about his point.
"But it can’t be!" Screamed Key
"Shh! Do you want to wake him up?" Whispered Jonghyun waving his hands in the air with a panicked expression.
"Look" and slipping his hand in the shirt he found the baby’s arm which he pulled out "Now what do you have to say?" Said Taemin all satisfied showing the little mole on the baby’s arm.
"And also I think he’s sitting on hyung’s pajama pants" Minho continued a bit terrifed by the whole thing.
"I have to sit down." And with that Key left himself drop on the floor.
"But it can’t be." Continued Jonghyun staring at the kid.
"How many more evidence do you need?" Said Taemin "Maybe we should wake him and see how he feels?" Proposed Minho looking around and then going back to look at the… uhm small Jinki?
After agreeing on waking him up no one still seemed to have the courage to really wake up the baby anyway, who was sleeping as if there wasn’t a single worry in the world.

Now that Jonghyun was actually paying attention he had to admit that the child looked a lot like their hyung; his little hands closed into tiny fist were near his round and pale face, his closed eyes showed long eyelashes and also those were without any doubt his hyung’s lips (not that he had paid any particular attention to those before, mind you).
"Ok I get it, I’m the one who has to take care of this." Began Key streching his hands towards the baby to take him.
"No, don’t!" Whispered Minho, holding his wrists to stop him from doing anything.
"What’s the matter?"
"It’s weird. Look at him, he’s so small."
"Really Minho? He’s Jinki hyung, not any other baby, and he’s not so small… I guess he’s almost 2 years old. Also weren’t you the one bragging about being the best dad during Hello Baby?" Key raising an eyebrow.
"Shh!" Taemin shut them again, before Minho could reply "You are going to wake him up if you don’t stop screaming."
"I wasn’t screaming, i was just showing hi-"
"Kibum!" Said urgently Jonghyun.
"What!" Key shouted in exasperation, to follow then Jonghyun’s finger which pointed to the child, well actually to Jinki , who had started to wake up "Blame it to your screams." Minho whispered accusingly.
Even though everyone had previously agreed upon waking up the baby it didn’t mean that they were actually ready to face the small version of what had been their leader for over 5 years, yes he was now younger, but considering the circumstances much scarier. Jinki still quite sleepy began to rub his eyes with his little fists (adorably, Jonghyun added in his mind) and as soon as he opened his eyes he pointed them into Jonghyun’s. In any other situation, if a child had caught his eyes Jonghyun would have started to smile and joke, it was in his nature to play with anyone this cute, but this one was his hyung .
Jinki hyung the boy with long black hair that years ago arrived at the agency surprising everyone with his sweet voice, the one who lit up a whole room when he smiled with his high and full cheeks and the little crescent-shaped eyes, the one with the weird sense of humor, the one that had comforted him after their debut when his emotion had taken over, the one with whom he had wished to duet, the one with whom he actually duet later on, someone as shy as he was gentle, the one who always had the right words to comfort everyone, the one with whom he had argued, laughed, smiled, hugged, played, and grew up. The same one who didn’t dare to reveal a bif of skin to the eyes of the public, but usually came out from the bathroom all fresh and clen after a long shower, smelling like peach and vanilla, without a shirt on, showing his smooth and pale skin so carelessly and sitting on the couch beside him,  and slamming his gorgeous smile and contagious laugh in his face sharing a joke that he most likely thought in the shower, and maybe it wasn’t even funny but it was so much like him that Jonghyun couldn’t help but laugh along with him. In short, the one whom he had and huge crush on since forever.
"Jonghyun hyung please blink your eyes and close your mouth, you’re scaring him."
Jonghyun snapped out of himself and took note of the small trembling lip, the eyes filled with tears and the fact that he had just terrified his hyung.
"Oww come here." Exclaimed Kibum using a gentle tone while getting up to take the little kid in his arms to hug him while his back. Taemin and Minho were the second to react jumping up to reach Key and see how Jinki was.
"He’s crying." Said Minho, a little of panic in his voice, offering a insecure hand to gently pat the baby’s head.
"Oh it’s fault of that guy with the white hair, right? He probably thought he was an old ert, poor thing." Said Key still trying to calm the baby.
"Hey who did you just call old?" Jonghyun jumped up all irritated. "Shh!" The other three ordered in unison with a dark glare that effectively silenced the singer. After some pampering from Kibum, Taemin’s weird faces and all the attention Minho gave to him, Jinki seemed to calm down but he was still clinging to Kibum’s shirt with a curious but wary expression.
"He’s so cute!"
"I saw some photo of hyung as a child, but he’s a lot cuter in real life."
"And he’s so tiny!"
"Hey! What are you doing? There is a serious problem there!" Jonghyun exclaimed, attracting the attention of the three on himself.
"Oh yeah as we haven't noticed that already, we don’t know what to do but at least we are trying to make him comfortable unlike you. You’re just screaming." Key pointed out and this time even Jinki turned to watch the singer, at this point the oldest one.
"I… I was…"
"Stop gaping like a fish out of water!" And at that Jonghyun poked out his tongue (yeah very mature of him, he did know) and Kibum was ready to reply but the room fell into silence because Jinki suddenly chuckled for the first time and that kind of froze them all. Then the little kid scared Jonghyun off even more by outstretching his arms out towards him while smiling.
"Oh he wants to go to hyung." Taemin said surprised, and even tought he was quite terrified, Jonghyun knew he couldn’t afford to make Jinki cry for the second time in less then 10 minutes, so he leaned to pick him up but Kibum prevented him from doing so by putting one of his hand behind Jinki’s head and squeezing him to his chest.
"Don’t even try, you’ve scared him before, the hell I’m going to give him to you."
"He’s the one who wants to come with me!"
"Kibum if you don’t want hyung to hold him, can I?" Pleaded Minho
"He wants to come with me!"
"He doesn’t want to give him to you!"
"And who decided that Kibum is in charge? I’m the oldest at the moment."
"As if something like that even mattered before."
"What did you say?"
"Did you guys realize that hyung is completely under there, right?" Asked Taemin, finally putting the other three to rest. Key abruptly moved Jinki away holding him up in the air at arm lenght "Oh." he said intelligently "About this I think we need to quickly find a solution."
And for the first time during that morning they were all agreeing on one thing.

 

 

 

                                                                                                                                ~~~~~

 

Hello ^-^

This is my first try on a fic, so please bare with it and also with my english because it isn't my first language, but I tried my best. This is going to be a short chaptered fic, i'm assuming around 3/4 chapter, I'm not sure because I'm still working on it. I havent tagged them, but there will be a few mentions of other SHINee's pairing, related to Jinki I mean, and I think you have noticed it already but I wanted to say it just in case lol

So yeah this is the end, see you to the next chapter!