003

Death is Certain, But Love Isn't

 

 

003

A now flustered Mir walked back to his room once he saw Joon enter the bathroom. He quickly closed his door and felt his cheeks.

Aish, their warm! I hope I wasn't blushing before. He thought.

Then again, he wasn't so sure as to why Joon was acting so strangely, but he decided to trust him anyway. I mean why does he care about him so much anyway?

Eh, I don't really care about Joon-hyung that way do I? Ha, Of course I don't! He's just a very close hyung that actually take time to talk to me...unlike some people. 

"Now, what to wear?" he mumbled to himself.

He took a look at everything in his closet, then compared it with the weather. Oddly, it was exceptionally chilly compared to the recent weather the past few days. He ended up choosing a plain red shirt with a white pullover and denim jeans. Last, but not least, he grabbed his favorite pair of bright red Nikes. Strolling over to his mirror, he did a variety of poses to make sure he looked fine. When a smile crept on his face; he knew he was done.

"Hyung, are you ready yet?" he called out through the door.

"Um, just a second!" Joon was dressed in a gray graphic tee, denim jeans, and black converse along with his small backpack he carries everywhere. It carried most things that were important or great necessities to him. Especially his emergency pills. He was told to take them if his regular pills weren't working as they should; usually being from colds.

When he opened the door it seemed as if both of them were carefully evaluating each others outfits.

"Yah, how long are you going to stare at me like that?" Mir asked.

"Sorry, it's just-"

"The shoes?" Mir laughed. "I know they're my favorite pair. Aren't they shiny?"

"Yeah, very original."

"I don't know if I should take that as a compliment." Mir smirked. "Should I?"

"You should," Joon chuckled. "So, where exactly are we going?"

"Just the mall. I wanted to buy some new clothes."

"Okay, I guess we can just go since everyone's asleep, right?" Joon asked.

"Let's go!" Mir grabbed his hand, leading him through the door outside.

"Hey, hold on a minute!" Joon was trying to catch his breath, but Mir continued dragging him to his favorite shops. After he stopped at a popular store Joon could finally catch his breath.

Ugh, this is gonna be a long day and the pills still aren't working! Maybe I should take the emergency ones now.

While Mir was trying on a variety of clothes, Joon sat next to a nearby bench. He was just about to reach in for his pills until Mir sneaked up behind him.

 

~~~

"Hyung, how does this shirt look?" Mir smiled.

"Oh! U-uh, um it looks...great?"

"C'mon, you have to look!" he pouted.

When i turned around Mir was wearing a blue dress-like shirt over his original red shirt. It looked good overall-just not with red.

"Ah, it looks good, but don't wear the red shirt." I smiled.

"Yay, I have my shirt, so now it's you're turn!" he said pushing me inside.

"W-wait Mir! What are you doing!?" I yelled, trying to get out.

"Just trust me! Now I'll go look for some clothes. Hold on!"

"MIR!"

Before being scolded, Mir ran on the other side of the store.

"Aish..." I said, sitting on the ground.

I guess I can take the pills now. 

I took out two pills and a bottle of water from my bag and took them. The sign outside said no food or drinks, but they'll give an exception for a sick person, right? Since Mir hadn't come back yet I decided to do a little writing.

 

             Dear Hyosung,

 

 How's your Saturday? The weather is really chilly, isn't it? Ha, I'm spending time with the maknae today. He insists on expanding my wardrobe. >.< I guess I'm not feeling too good today, so I took my emergency pills. It's been a while since I took them so I hope nothing goes wrong... Or maybe I'm worrying too much. What do you think? xP Omo! Mir hasn't come back yet, I wonder how many clothes he has. I guess that's all I have to say for now. I hope one day we'll be able to spend our weekends together! ♥

 

A distant acquaintance,

Joon

 

"Hyung, are you still in there?"

"Finally, you're back." I muttered. I threw everything back in my bag and stood up hoping Mir would hand in the clothes, but to my surprise he threw them on top of me. 

"ARGH!"

"Here's the clothes, I hope they suit your taste."

I really didn't like all o f them, but I didn't want to be rude so I tried them on anyway. Despite being the maknae, Mir did have a keen fashion sense. It didn't work for everyone, but it worked for him. He probably wanted me to come out to show him the outfits, though I only showed him the ones I really liked.

Turns out it was a pair of khaki shorts and a black tee that I've been trying to find everywhere!

I can't believe he found it! How did he even now this store sold these shirts?!

"Are you done yet?" Mir asked impatiently.

"Here I come," I sang.

"Enough games, hyung."

"Okay, fine."

When I came out a big smile appeared on his face. Looks like his pretty proud of himself.

"It looks good!" I took a step to a nearby mirror, examining myself.  Mir did have a point; the fact that it had been the shirt I've always wanted made it even better.

"I guess we're done. Give me the clothes and I can pay for them," Mir said.

"No way! I'm going to pay for them!"

I can't have the maknae paying for my clothes! Doesn't he know I'm suppose to be taking care of him!?

"I did ask to come here in the first place, hyung." He said.

"Well, I'm suppose to take care of my dongsaeng," I argued.

He thought about it for a while and came up with a conclusion. "How about I pay for the clothes and you pay for ice cream."

"Aish, I knew there was a catch," I sighed.

Innocently, he nodded then smiled. "There's always a catch, hyung."

"You just be lucky I'm in the mood for ice cream!" I laughed, tackling him. Mir paid for our clothes, then made a quick dash for the ice cream shop, knowing he was about to eat all he wanted.