D.O.A.

Six Does Not Equal Infinite

“Woohyun-shi?”

Frozen in shock, Woohyun did not register the sound of the phone dropping on the floor, nor the sound of the manager calling his name. Time froze, and Woohyun felt his heart rate increase. No, no this can’t be happening…He became short on breath, and was on the verge of hyperventilating. He clawed the front of his shirt, trying to get a grip of something, something to hold him down. He did not hear or register the pair of hands that placed themselves on his shoulder, trying to shake him out of his panic.

“Woohyun hyung! Calm down!” Hoya shook the trembling and hyperventilating man, trying to snap him out of his panic attack. He just so happened to be getting a glass of water when he saw Woohyun in the living room, his phone on the ground with a cracked screen and the poor man tugging on his shirt as if it would have helped him calm down. He’s not calming down. Hoya thought. He was never good at this kind of things, but he remembered reading somewhere about using a paper bag to regulate the breathing. Where? He searched the kitchen as fast as he could, stumbling across one. He ran back and kneeled besides Woohyun, ing out the paper bag to him. “Use this hyung!” Woohyun, who somewhat heard him, took it and breathe into it. Slowly, his breathing regulated, and the only traces of his panic attack were his crumpled t-shirt and the tears running down his face. Hoya was rubbing Woohyun’s back, trying to soothe the man. “What’s wrong hyung?” Hoya said softly. The man was still in hysterics, even though his breathing has regulated. Hoya turned his eyes towards the phone that was lying on the floor, seeing it still in a call. He picked it up and brought it close to his ear, mindful of the broken screen.

“Woohyun-shi, are you still there?” The man on the other side was familiar to Hoya, but he couldn’t place where.

“This is Hoya, Woohyun is currently unavailable.” He remembered the man as another manager that they saw occasionally. “Hyung, what happened? What made Woohyun hyung like this?”

“Oh Hoya-shi. Can you wake up the others? There has been an accident.” Hoya blinked, as if he heard wrong.

“E-excuse me, w-w-what?” He stuttered, something he doesn’t do. He heard a faint ruffling of sheets and a sigh.

“I said that we’re in the hospital at the moment. A van crashed into our car as we were driving back from the studio.” Hoya tried to remain calm; after all, Woohyun was still sobbing next to him, although it has been reduced to mainly silent tears by now. He schooled himself, and replied back to the manager, saying that they will be there soon as they can. As he hung up, Hoya saw that Woohyun had fallen asleep and had curled up on the floor. Oh hyung… He picked him up and laid him on the couch before walking to each room to wake everyone up. They will be all in for a long night.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The minute he had dropped his phone, to collapsing in a panic attack, to Hoya coming to him and helping him did not register at all in his brain. He did not remember falling asleep, and suddenly could not figure out why the lights were all out, when he was sure that he had turned them on before entering the room.

“Hello? Is there anyone here?” He said, walking around blindly, trying to find some sort of switch to turn on the lights. He felt something solid come into contact with him foot, making him trip and fall over on his side. Ouch, who left their stuff lying around again? He reached out to touch what he had tripped over, coming into contact with something cold. The shape and texture was familiar, but Woohyun could not pinpoint them exactly where he has felt these before. These remind me of Gyu’s hands… Wait, hands? He quickly let go of whatever he was holding and stood up, running to the nearest wall. Patting frantically, he found the switch and turned the lights on. He trailed his eyes to where he had previously been, shocked to see a trail of red outlining his path. His hands began to shake as he looked down to see his feet covered in blood. A sense of foreboding washed over him as he straightened his gaze. To his horror, right in front of him was the mangled body of Kim Sunggyu. No…It cannot be true… Woohyun tried to reach forward, urging his legs to move. But fear struck him as his muscles seized up, making him unable to take his eyes off of the body. “SUNGGYU HYUN-”

He sat up, disoriented and panting. The first thing he noticed was the five other pair of eyes staring at him. He then felt the ground under him move. Urgh, where am I?

“You’re in the car, hyung. We’re on our way to the hospital right now.” Sungjong said, as if he heard Woohyun’s thoughts. Sungyeol handed him some water, and Woohyun took it, slightly lurching as the car took a turn.

“Ah, thank you Sungyeol-ah.” He said, wiping his mouth. The fear suddenly hit him at full force, remembering what he just experienced in his dream.  He started to shake, throwing his head in between his hands, tears leaking out.

“Hyung!” “Woohyun hyung!” “Woohyun!” He heard various versions of his name being called, hands shaking him out once again. At that moment in time, the car came to a stop, and Woohyun could feel the walls close in on him. He was feeling so cramped, especially with all the hands grabbing him and trying to shake him out of his stupor. He couldn’t take it anymore, bolting out the door and straight into the building. He heard them calling in the distance, but Woohyun needed to see Sunggyu. He didn’t want to have to relive his nightmares again. The fear was still there as he entered the sterile building, the smell hitting at full force. He swore he saw death lingering at every corner he passed, and the occasional whiff of medicine coming through his nostrils reminding him why he was here. 

“Where is Kim Sunggyu?” The woman who was dozing off was abruptly woken up by two hands slamming themselves on the counter. Bleak eyes glanced up before looking at the screen.

“I’m sorry sir, but there is no Kim Sunggyu registered in the computer at the moment. Do you know which department is he supposed to be in at the moment?” The woman asked, a look of annoyance crossing her face. Woohyun was on the verge of having another panic attack the moment he heard that. A heavy weight settled on his chest, and once again he found it hard to breathe.

Suddenly, a hand pressed down on his shoulder, squeezing it as if it could bring his some relief.

“I’m sorry for my friend’s behavior, ma’am. Kim Sunggyu was one of the men brought to this hospital about an hour ago due to an accident. Do you know which department would he be in?” Hoya asked, keeping an eye on Woohyun. The rest of Infinite stood behind them, knowing that Hoya had everything under control.

The woman’s eyes widened, as if Hoya’s question had woken her up. “You should find him in the ICU by now, if not, please check the emergency department.” She said pointing in the direction they needed to head to. Woohyun immediately sprints off, not waiting for anyone else. Hoya thanks the woman before following the trail that the others left.

Upon arriving at the emergency department, Woohyun collapsed into a chair as he stopped to catch his breath. Everyone else shortly arrived after him, attracting as much noise as an elephant could to themselves. Hoya, who caught up to the group, walked up to the counter there to ask about their missing member. But he was interrupted by a doctor that happened to come out of the patients’ area.

“Are you here for the people that were brought in from the car accident?” The doctor asked them, eyeing the pale looking Woohyun. Hoya nodded, asking if he knew anything about their condition at the moment. The doctor confirmed, asking them to follow him as he lead them into the patients’ area.  On the way, all six members were on the lookout for Sunggyu, trying to be discreet as they looked through the occupied beds. They started to get worried as the doctor didn’t stop walking, passing by every bed until they got to the last one. The boys held their breaths as the doctor pulled aside the curtains, revealing the manager who was currently asleep, injuries already taken care of. The manager that came with them breath a sigh of relief, but to the other members, they were still anxious to find out what has happened to their leader.

“Doctor? What about the other man who was in the car accident?” Sungyeol asked. The doctor, who had been reviewing the patient’s chart, turned around to face the group.

“Hm? There was only one person brought in from this accident.” Disbelief.

No…

“….D-doctor, are you sure?” Dongwoo asked. The doctor sighed and took off his glasses. He always hated when he had to give away these kind of news.

“This person here is the only one that we managed to save. The other three were declared dead on arrival.” He gave them a look full of sympathy. “I’m sorry to say that your friend has passed away.”


Hi all~! Sorry for leaving you guys for so long >< 

I've been really busy for the last few months. T.T Life has been horrible to me (though when has it not?).

Thank you to all the 73 subcribers and to those who have commented. Thank you especially to Dephanie for the upvote! It means so much to me, seeing all the subcribers and the upvote, I can't thank you guys all enough!!! T.T

Unfortunately I don't know when I will be able to update once again, but hopefully soon enough ><. Hope this chapter was okay for you all ^^

Again, don't forget to comment and subscribe!! Love you all!! <3

~Ana