Just A Normal Day

Six Does Not Equal Infinite

“This has been Infinite!” Hyung Don shouted as Infinite’s latest hit song came on, Destiny. Infinite bowed, some dancing in place, waiting for the song to be cut.

“Aaaaand that’s a wrap! Good job everyone!” The director shouted, applauses coming from everywhere. Infinite had just finished filming another successful episode of Weekly Idol. After being on the show so often, they knew most of the staff by name. As the ever-so-polite idols bowed to everyone, thanking them for such an enjoyable time again, Hyung Don approached Sunggyu, who was smiling and thanking any staff that passed by.

“Sunggyu-ah!” Hyung Don said as he got closer to Sunggyu, who turned towards Hyung Don the minute his name was called. The soft smile that always appeared on his face when he was tired was present, and Hyung Don felt sorry for bugging the already exhausted leader even more.

“Yes, hyung?” Sunggyu said, his voice soft, but masking any signs of the observations Hyung Don just made.

“Good job again with the show! Though next time try to follow your dongsaengs. They’re surpassing you.” Hyung Don joked, softly punching him in the arm. Sunggyu grinned, giving one back at him.

“And you’re running out of ideas for us! What are we supposed to do next time we come over?” He joked back, already knowing that the writer noonas had plenty of games to test out on them.

“Bah, I’m sure the writers will find something.” He winked, making Sunggyu shake his head, the smile still in place. They talked a bit more, before the manager called Sunggyu over to talk about the schedule.

“Kids, it’s time to head home!” The manager yelled, drawing the attention of everyone in the room. Soon enough, all seven of them were ready to go. As they headed to the parking lot, Sunggyu bid them with ‘be good to the manager’ and ‘try to clean up the dorms’ before walking in a different direction to head back to the studio to prepare for his upcoming album.

“Gyu-hyung is so lucky.” Sungjong pouted, watching as a black car slid smoothly out of the parking lot. A few nodded their heads before climbing into their silver van. Woohyun chuckled, messing up Sungjong’s hair before climbing into the van.

“Aigoo, get in Sungjong-ah! I’ll make you some kimchi jjigae once we get back.” At those words, Sungjong clambered in and closed the door. Noise and laughter soon settled in as the van pulled out of the parking lot. The ride to their dorm was fairly short, and soon enough the six boys were rushing to get out of their stage clothes and into much more comfier ones. No less than 20 minutes later, the boys were sprawled all over, some watching the TV, others attempting to clean up like Sunggyu had ordered suggested. Woohyun was in the kitchen cooking (kimchi jigae like promised), for the five hungry mouths. Setting some aside for their would-be-hungry leader, he called for the rest of the boys. They came in like a stampede, all starving and eager to eat. Loud chatter followed as they sat down and ate. It was just like any other nights in the dorm when they didn’t have a schedule that ran late or any urgent practices needed for upcoming songs. Their promotions were slowly coming to a halt, allowing some peace before they would prepare to embark on their world tour. They were all hyped for it. They would be venturing to perform in countries that they have never been to yet, although their reputation has reached all over the globe. Some were anxious to see how many fans would show up for their show casings and fan meets. 

“Wahh, I’m so full!” Dongwoo exclaimed. Others nodded, satisfied with full stomachs. One by one, they left the table, some retiring early to get the most sleep, some heading back to watch a bit more TV.

“Hyung! Let me help you.” Sungyeol said, grabbing some dishes from the table and bringing it over to the sink. Woohyun laughed at his enthusiasm before grabbing his own set of dishes. The pair worked in silence, subsequent laughter and yells coming from the living room.

“Gomawo, Yeol-ah.” Woohyun said once the dirty dishes were all on the drying rack. “Don’t sleep too late now! We have a schedule early in the morning tomorrow.” Sungyeol smiled and nodded his head.

“Arasso, Woohyun hyung. You shouldn’t stay up late waiting for Gyu hyung either!” He teased back, a tone of seriousness hidden under amusement. Woohyun just blushed, waving him away. Sungyeol laughed and bid goodnight before running to his room.

“Aish, that kid will be the end of me.” Woohyun murmured, wiping down the table. He was not originally planning to stay up and wait for their leader, but seeing the mess in the kitchen, he might as well try to tidy it up a bit.  Getting too absorbed in his cleaning, Woohyun did not notice the hours go by, nor the sounds of the TV go off, signaling that his bandmates have gone off to bed. It wasn’t until past midnight did Woohyun realized that he was the only one awake.

‘At least the kitchen is cleaner now.’ He thought, closing off the lights as he headed back into his room to get ready for bed. Just as he was about to lay down, his phone lit up, Because coming on. Woohyun blushed, quickly answering it, glancing at Sungyeol to see if he has woken up before stumbling out of the room.

“Yeoboseyo?” He said, sitting down on the couch.

“Woohyun-shi.” Woohyun recognized the voice of their other manager. Odd, he never calls me.

“Neh, hyung? What’s up?” He walked to the window, looking out on Seoul’s night view. He hears the man clear his throat, as if something was preventing him from speaking. “Where are you? Is Sunggyu’s recording going to run even later?” He hears nothing from the other side, and dread starts to fill him up. “Hyung..?”

“I’m at the hospital, Woohyun-shi. There has been an accident.”

 

Oh.

 


Hi all~! I hope you enjoyed the first chapter! 

I'd like to thank the 10 people who subscribed already. I hope I won't dissapoint you all. ^^

I don't know when the next chapter will come out (sorry for leaving on a cliffie ><), but it should be soon! I'm trying to work on my two other stories too, one which I have to start. >< 

Don't forget to comment and subscribe! Thank you ^^

~Ana