Hold Tight

Hold Tight

A lone man walked inside an apartment building, his footsteps echoing around the deserted hallway as he stood in front of a wooden door that had the number 16, hammered on it, somewhere. Lifting up one of his hands, he knocked onto the thick door, waiting patiently as he fixed his appearance into a much tidier one. The man’s name was Lee Howon, often urge people to call him Hoya, as today was a very important day, a bundle of flowers huddled in his shaking palms, sweat streaming down his forehead. His other shaking hand tried to restore his hair style because the front part looked a bit messed up since its suppose to shoot up to the ceiling, due to the tremendous amount of hair gel, even though it looked completely perfect, but still he attempted to work with his dark brown hair. Within a minute, the door swung open, another man smiling as he let Howon in, giggling under his breath. “You still tend to knock when you have a set of keys.”

               

“I find it a bit rude to intrude in without your permission,” Howon replied, seating himself down onto the couch carefully, since he was really nervous. The other glanced at him, noting in his head that Howon was dressed in a suit and tie, looking handsome as ever. The other man’s name was Jang Dongwoo, earning the nickname Dinowoo because…you can probably figure that one out by yourselves.

               

“Are the flowers for me?” Dongwoo had asked as he pointed at the white lilies that was held in the younger’s hand. Howon has swallowed hard, trying to get rid of the lump in his throat for quite some time, returning the answer in a nodding motion. The older squealed in delight as he rushed over to the other and gave him a big hug. “How thoughtful of you, but why dress all nicely and give me flowers?”

               

“Do you really want to hear the answer?” the younger sighed, feeling a bit more confident, walking over the other male. No words were said as Howon wrapped his arms around the younger, tightening the embrace he was giving, noticing that he grew slightly bigger since the younger below him seemed to be getting shorter. Dongwoo has instantly melted into the younger’s well-built arms right at the moment it touched his figure. “Today’s the day I fell in love with you. I marked the date with a purple heart.

               

“Of course you did,” Dongwoo rolled his eyes, knowing that the younger’s favorite color was purple. But, they have been dating for three years already, why didn’t Howon celebrate this day before? It was a bit odd, really, but the older didn’t mind now that he has fresh flowers to put in a vase.

               

“You have the next week off right?”

               

“Yes and you do also?” the Dino replied, heading into the kitchen to set the dinner table. Howon chuckled slightly. He replied as he went behind his lover, placing his hands on those hips, swaying their bodies slowly and dug his face in the older’s dyed pink hair. “Are we going somewhere Howon?”

               

“Yeah, I want to take a vacation to my family cabin.” Howon heard the one in his arms gasp in a tone that made a pout form on his face. He knew what his Dino was thinking at that moment.

 

“Family cabin…but I thought that you parents didn’t like me…your father that is,” Dongwoo had frowned, thinking of the memory where Howon’s father had thrown a plate at him, but luckily he dodged in time. After that, they never went to his parents place ever again.

               

“Don’t worry. It’s just going to be the two of us there. I promise.” Just from hearing that, the older felt at ease, sinking in deeper into that broad chest. The aroma of his cooking filled their nostrils as the younger’s stomach growled with hunger. “Uh…when are we going to eat?” the Dino giggled once again, peaking the other’s lips. Next week was going to be wonderful, being with Howon 24/7.

               


               

It was early in the morning, the birds chirping cheerfully, making Dongwoo look up at the sky. The sun was just rising, making the surface look a bit red, the clouds floating without care. He was happily sitting on the bench in front of his apartment, watching the morning joggers pass him, listening to music as they never glanced his way. But that didn’t bug him once bit. It made things more perfect and calm. A car pulled up to the curb, the window rolling down for the older to face Howon, with sunglasses on and that killer-smirk. “You’re late.”

               

“Sorry babe. Had to do some business before picking you up.”

 

“You’re buying me ice cream along the way,” the Dino pouted, placing his suitcase in the back before climbing into the front seat near his lover, putting on his seatbelt because safety comes first when riding with Howon. Right when the door shut, the car zipped onto the road, the speed increasing by the minute. The older held onto his seat, nails digging into the cushions, thinking on where were the cops when he needed them, his boyfriend should get pulled over by now. But in the end, no one stopped them as they were out into the country, the passing scenery amazing the older. Howon took a few sneak peeks at his Dino, a smile creeping on his face. That’s when he noticed dark circles under his hyung’s eyes, an eyebrow twitching up.

               

“Didn’t get much sleep?”

               

“I didn’t get much sleep the first time you told me that we were spending a week together,” the older said with a yawn, leaning on the vibrating glass to nap. Howon chuckled softly, turning his eyes onto the road, gripping onto the steering wheel hard. It was a bit tricky to get the keys for his parent’s house. Literally he had to sneak in there like a ninja just to get it. The younger had hoped that his parents didn’t notice because they- his father would kill him. Howon tried to shake those thoughts out from his head, looking back at the older to see that he had already began to sleep.

               

“Sweet dreams my love.”

               


               

When Dongwoo’s eyes opened, he was in a bed, sheets a soft black fabric. Lifting his body up, his mouth let out a yawn as he noticed a picture on the nearby night stand. It was a picture of a young Howon and his parents, taken in front of what seemed to be a cabin. He let out an amused chuckle before stepping onto the cold wooden floor and heading to out seek Howon. The cabin was bigger than what Dongwoo has thought it was going to, and more elegant than normal ones. It shocked him a bit until he heard a song playing, the noise leading to a door. The older gulped once, then twice before opening. Howon was dancing, the room a dance studio, mirrors reflecting from every angle, which the younger spotted the older. “Good afternoon babe,” Howon said in that damn husky voice, turning off the music as he wiped the sweat covering his body. Thank god his shirt was a bit short as the Dino drooled over his boyfriend’s perfect abs. The younger always notice the moments when his hyung looks at his well-toned-body, he was glad that he was in shape just for his Dino because it was worthwhile. “Hyung want me to wipe your mouth?” just from hearing those words, Dongwoo straightened himself up and wiped his dripping saliva with his sleeve, embarrassed that Howon had pointed that out when he was clearly only concentrated on those muscles.

               

“I’ll go get started with dinner. Is the refrigerator filled with food already?”

               

“Of course it is, I filled it up about two days ago,” Howon had replied, getting back to his dancing as the older made his way towards the kitchen. Along the way, Dongwoo was trying to find out what to cook tonight, but whatever he wiped up, Howon always ate and enjoyed so it didn’t really matter to waste time thinking of the perfect meal.

               

“Oh, Donggie, can you also make dessert?” Howon has asked, peeking around the corner, totally topless to seduce his hyung. The older rolled his eyes as he doesn’t know where the younger came up with those nicknames, but started to think of the possible sweets he could make. In the back of his head, he knew that the younger wanted him as a dessert at some point. Deciding not to think about what was going to go down tonight, Dongwoo started to focus on making something while Howon was in the practice room, dancing to some English song that, the truth, they didn’t really understand, but at least it had a good beats. While the steam filled the kitchen, the younger grew tired of dancing as he started to sneak out of the house. He wanted to go somewhere without his hyung noticing, it was going to be a great surprise.

               

“Howon! Dinner’s ready!” Hearing no reply, the older raised an eyebrow as he placed the last plate on the table before making his way towards the practice room. It was empty, his heart started to throb painfully as he started to check every room. All of them showed no signs of Howon, which Dongwoo started to panic and ready to call the police when broad arms went around his waist, pulling him into a tight back-hug.

               

“Why is my adorable Dinowoo running around the house with a scared expression?” Howon muttered in a husky voice, nibbling his lover’s ear slightly. The older had a full pout on his face as he rotated his body around to face the man who disappeared, and punched him on the chest lightly.

               

“Because I thought that you vanished. Leaving me to stay here until I die.”

               

“Don’t think about things like that baby. I’ll never leave you. I just went to get something.”

               

“Like what?” Dongwoo asked, voice filled with curiosity as the younger scratched his head slightly, getting embarrassed from that simple question. The older noticed and decided to drop his question as he leaded the both of them towards the dining room to eat, since the food was probably getting cold my the minute. Howon felt the present in his pocket and excused himself to put it away, since he was going to give his boyfriend it when the right time came by. It was going to fantastic, and nothing was going to stop it from happening, even if his parents found out and came to the cabin, he would just run away with Dongwoo by his side.

 

“Do you like the food?” Dongwoo questioned shyly as he glued his eyes down at his plate, not having any eye-contact with the other. He was feeling a bit embarrassed that he didn’t do a good job since it was really the first time he cooked in an unfamiliar kitchen, it was very awkward.

 

“It’s always delicious. Woohyun had taught you well.”

 

“He had only taught me how to cook, that basics that is. Unlike me, he has the face, body and all that fan-service. I was tempted to have him teach me how to be…seductive and y,” the older gushed, his face flushed from the information that came out. He was always like that, very open towards Howon, which ends up with him saying something humiliating. The younger burst out laughing, banging his hands onto the table as the vibrations filled Dongwoo’s hand. “W-What’s so funny Howon?”

 

“Babe, you don’t need to be y. You’re already filled with charisma and plus you’re adorable, cute and just my type.” The older laughed awkwardly, trying hard to cover his red face, eyes staring at Howon as he went on with one last sentence. “You’re perfect for me Dongwoo. I just know it.” the younger looked up at his hyung to see tears soaking the other’s face, Howon rushing over to his lover’s side, wiping that salty liquid away. “What’s wrong baby?”

 

“H-Howon…you’re perfect for me also,” Dongwoo’s breath hitched, sobbing loudly as that was the only way to express his emotion. Their arms searching for each other, none of them wanting to let go or loosen, in fear that the distance between them with grow. The younger loved hugging his boyfriend, it made him feel like he was always going to be with the one below him, it made him feel joyful. Howon lifted his lover’s face up, pressing their lips together, his feeling erupting from their body. It was an addiction kissing Dongwoo, like a virus that had spread throughout his body, leaving him wanting more.

 

“The meal is getting cold. Let’s eat again okay?” the older nodded his head, seating himself down, starting to eat once again.

 


 

The pressure of the water struck his smooth skin, his eyes closed as he concentrated on the liquid running down his chest. He had wished that his hyung would join him in the showers, but that didn’t occur as he probably thought that Dongwoo was watching a children show filled with dinosaurs. Howon swore that his lover was like a reincarnation of those prehistoric creatures, often copying some poses and roaring like one. His breath let out chuckles just from thinking of those memories, his hands reaching for the shampoo and conditioner. The sweet smell of strawberries filled his nostrils as he had noticed that he was using his boyfriend’s, the scent that would make him melt every time he inhaled. Maybe he would use this once just to see if Dongwoo would notice. “I wonder.

 


 

By the time he got out of the showers with only a towel hanging around his hips, the older was already fast asleep on the bed, a diary by his side. Howon tilted his head as he walked over to the book with his lover’s thought. Debating if he should read it, he glanced at one page and instantly felt his cheeks start to burn.

 

Dear Diary,

 

Being with Howon in this cabin is wonderful and exciting as I never knew he went to a place like this. It makes me feel like we’re already married, all we just need is children calling me umma and Howon, appa. Just from thinking about that, I can’t help but to wish for it to be true. I really do hope that Howon’s father starts to like me, even just a little bit. In my heart, I have already decided to be with Howon for the rest of my life. I want him to understand that my love for Howon will never die out and the same goes for my lover, probably. Ugh, I’m getting tired so I think I’m going to bed. Too bad Howon’s in the showers, I really wanted to cuddle or something like.

 

Love,

Jang Dongwoo

 

“You’re so cute,” Howon giggled to himself, nuzzling his head into the croak of Dongwoo’s neck, kissing the soft skin from under his tender lips. Now he kind of felt bad since he took a pretty long shower but he couldn’t help it since he smelled the shampoo, that addicting scent. But then, he took the diary and closed it shut, thinking that he shouldn’t read more. He did want to, but didn’t because if his lover found out, then that would be bad, really bad. “At least I know that you want to have a family, just like me.” With those words being said, Howon put on his boxers and closed the lights.

 


 

The morning lights sneaked pass the linen curtains, hitting the eye-lids of Dongwoo as he brought his body up and stretched his arms wide. Mouth letting out a soft yawn, his sleepy eyes looked beside him to see a still sleeping Howon. That’s when the older sniffed the air, noticing that it was his shampoo that his lover used yesterday, a smile placed on his face. Getting out of bed, Dongwoo went towards the kitchen to get breakfast made. It was after all, 7:00am. “Good morning baby,” someone said, catching the attention of the cooking Dino, his head turning to spot his boyfriend leaning on the doorframe.

 

“Good morning Hobaby,” the older snickered, watching his lover’s face twitch slightly.

 

“How do you know that nickname?”

 

“One of your best friends told me,” Dongwoo smiled, getting back to breakfast. Howon gave up thinking about what friend had told the older that nickname which people in high school called him, the girls that is. Flopping down onto the soft couch, his still sleep eyes started to close softly but was interrupted as his lover shook him awake. “Yah! Don’t sleep when breakfast is almost finished.”

 

“Almost finished? That was quick cooking.”

 

“I prepared things last night. Probably when you were in the showers. Just go sit at the table Hobaby.” The younger cringed at that name-calling once again, rubbing his aching head from the intense thinking. “Do you really hate me calling you Hobaby?”

 

“No, but girls called me that in school. I think it’s pretty cute when you say it but…I would like it better if you called me a unique name that only you use for me.”

 

“Really. I could list a few…maybe.” That sparked the younger’s interest as he was like a puppy wagging his tail, waiting for the names that his hyung had come up with. Dongwoo laughed briefly as he tried to think about the ones he had come up with. “Howonnie. I like how it rolls of my tongue.”

 

“Okay, that nickname belongs to my Dino, my loveable Dino,” Howon smiled, resting his head onto the table, feeling the cool temperature hit his skin. The older passed a plate of food to his boyfriend, eating once he watched the other take a bite.

 


 

After they ate, Howon insisted that they go somewhere, which his hyung agreed on since it was beautiful weather that day. Before they left the house, Howon gave his lover a white balloon, which Dongwoo was quite confused about, but let it go as he happily carried it. Their feet walked along a path near the cabin, their arms connected and swinging together, their infectious laughter filling the peaceful woods. At one point, Dongwoo started to lay some raps, Howon joining in as they were clearly having a great time. The older started to imitate the passing birds by flapping his imaginary wings, making these ridiculous noises that didn’t quite sound like chirping. Howon loved his idiotic, dorky, adorable, charming boyfriend, and was very lucky to have him by his side. “Where are we going anyways?” Dongwoo has asked the observing Howon, snickering as he witnessed his lover with an innocent look on his face. “You look so sweet Howonnie,” the Dino literally squealed, making the younger blush madly.

 

“H-Here we are,” Howon said abruptly, pointing to an open field, the beautiful image sinking into the older’s mind. The field was a perfect as the winds brushed pass the grass and plants. As expected, Dongwoo collapsed onto the ground, feeling the prickling of the plants below his body as he rolled around, hearing Howon laugh with that voice. “I take it that you like it?”

 

“Like it? I love it Howonnie,” the older confessed, making a heart sigh with his hands towards his boyfriend, moving his body more. The soft wind blew pass again, Dongwoo holding out his arms like the Titanic scene, waiting for Howon to hold him from behind, which happened a few seconds later.

 

“Baby, I have something to give you.”

 

“Like what? Is it something expensive?” Dongwoo pouted as he recalled his lover giving him so many presents to the point where one of his closets is filled with elegant things. He had told the younger that he never needed material or expensive things. All he wanted was someone to love him and that was all.

 

“It’s actually something my mother gave me. She told me to give it to someone that I would love for the rest of my life with as this thing was passed down through generations.” Dongwoo gulped, scared to receive an item that was so important to Howon’s life. He didn’t want to break it or even touch it. “I wanted to give it to you.” What had lain in front of his eyes was a charm bracelet with hearts and stars on it. Right at that moment, Dongwoo has started to cry yet again, falling to his knees as he tried to talk but ended up choking on his spit. He was lost for words. “Darling don’t cry.”

 

“B-But you-you’re giving me s-something special…I have to c-cry,” Dongwoo’s jumbled words making sense. The younger’s arms wrapped around his lover, his grip tight as ever. “You smell like strawberries. Did you use up all my shampoo?” the older has muttered, his breath hitching slightly.

 

“No, but I’m glad that you like your scent on me.” Dongwoo did a brief smile before sobbing once again, burying his wet face into Howon’s chest. “You make me complete Jang Dongwoo, without you, I would be so lonely in my life. I’m glad that I met you. My heart beats for a certain dinosaur now.”

 

“The same goes for me also Howon. I will gladly give my soul for you and hope that you will stay with me forever. I love you,” the older sniffled. The wind has stopped blowing, making things seem like they were in slow motion, Howon ruffling his hyung’s pink locks under his palm. Feeling something get slipped onto his finger. It was a wedding ring, the metal shining brightly as he never noticed that the ring was attached onto the balloon that was still in his hands. The diamond caught his eyes as more tears slipped out, soaking his cheeks more. Howon wiped them away, picking up his boyfriend’s figure up into the air. The older supported his body as his hands were on his lover’s shoulders, pressing their forehead together.

 

“Will you marry me Jang Dongwoo? Be the only heart beat to my life?”

 

“Yes Lee Howon, I will be the only music you will ever need.”

 

Music has a melody that matches a person’s heartbeat, mixing together to create harmony. That was what Dongwoo believed love was like. Music that will go on with your heart and a simple harmony that could only be created between two people who loved each other very much. Fame and fortune could have never made Howon happy as when he’s with Dongwoo that was the truth. “Did I ever tell you that I think of you as my soul mate?” Dongwoo questioned as they had went back to the cabin.

 

“Maybe once but don’t remember that much. There was a mistake though.”

 

“A mistake? Really?”

 

“We are soul mates baby, we will always be.” Those words shocked the older just a bit as he nodded his head in agreement, looking at the gleam of the diamond. That’s when he wanted to know something.

 

“When did you get the ring? Don’t we have to ask your parents to give their blessings?” Dongwoo pouted, looking up at a laughing Howon. What was so funny about what he just said?

 

“Donggie, my father helped me pick out the ring.”

 

“F-Father? When did he finally approve our relationship?”

 

“Relax. He approved about a year ago. I wanted to keep it a secret from you because I wanted this week, this day to be very special-” his words were cut of as a pair of lips met with his, his cheeks burning, their mouths parting away from each other.

 

“I don’t know what to do, I’m so happy right now Howonnie,” the older breathed, bringing his head down. Howon picked up his fiancée’s body up into the air again, hoping that the other wasn’t tall enough to hit the ceiling, and nuzzled his face into the older’s chest.

 

“Then let’s get married fast. I can’t wait another second.”