At The Base

How Did This Even Happen?

 

"G.O we are here, wake up" Seungho said shaking G.O awake.

 

"Huh? How the did we already get up the mountain?" G.O said still half asleep.

 

"They have a new lift that you can type in a code to open up the ground to drive the car in it and it will lift the car to the top were the base is now instead of driving up the mountain or taking the elevator through the fake bank" Thunder said from the driver’s seat and then hoped out of the car.

 

"We can get people to bring your stuff up to the room, just wake up the kid and we will go to your room" Seungho said also getting out of the car.

 

"He has a name you know!" G.O snapped at Seungho through the window.

 

"Whatever, just wake the kid up and get out already"

 

"Fine, Mir-Ah, wake up sweetie" G.O said shaking Mir awake gently.

 

"SSSssssnnnnnZZZZaaaaackkk, What?" Mir finally woke up, after snoring to hard, from the shaking.

 

"We are here, hurry up so we can get to the room" G.O said opening his own door now.

 

"Okay!" Mir said bouncing out of his side of the car with his waffle pillow still in hand.

 

"Kid why do you have a waffle pillow with you?" Seungho asked Mir with a weirded out look on his face.

 

"Someone gave it to me when I was little, but I don't remember who" Mir said while hugging the pillow tighter.

 

"Ah, a sentimental thing I’m guessing?" Seungho raised an eyebrow.

 

"Well no, considering I was like 2 when the person gave it to me, but I still remember their face, just not their name" Mir said shrugging and jogging a little to keep up with the three ahead of him.

 

"Ah, makes sense" Thunder said listening in of the conversation.

 

"So what floor are we on?" Mir asked once they went inside of the building and into the elevator.

 

"floor 9, room 912" Thunder listed off like it was a daily occurrence for him to say random numbers.

 

"Hmm, okay, so why did we move here?" Mir turned to G.O.

 

"You haven't even told him what this place was?" Seungho raised an eyebrow at G.O.

 

"Or what type of people you work for yet?" Thunder added in.

 

"No, now shut up, I'll tell him what my work is later, and Mir we moved here because it is a building for people to live in for the company I work for" G.O said.

 

"Oh, what do you two do at the work?" Mir asked then all trying to figure out what their jobs were.

 

"The same as G.O" Seungho said.

 

"Clean up, repairs, and pick up jobs" Thunder explained in the cleanest way what his job was to the innocent boy.

 

"Umma?" Mir said turning to G.O.

 

"You’ll learn in a minute" G.O sighed when the elevator hit the 9th level.

 

"Okay, follow me, it is just about 9 rooms down from the elevator on the left" Thunder explained taking the lead now.

 

"Okay!" Mir happily skipped after Thunder on his light feet. Thunder opened the room door for Mir and handed him one of the keys from the two keys for the room.

 

"Where is G.O-umma?" Mir pouted looking at Thunder for him to explain.

 

"I'm right here don't worry" G.O said showing up right behind Thunder a second later.

 

----------A few minutes before at the Elevator, G.O's POV-----------

 

"What the hell Byunghee, you still haven't told the boy what you do for a living! Do you know how dangerous that is for him!?" Seungho yelled at me in a whisper while we stood outside of the elevator.

 

"Shut up, what have I told you about using that name out in the open" I said purposefully ignoring what he was yelling at me for.

 

"Don't you dare change subject, this was always one of your worst points, you either change subject or you never tell people the truth!" Seungho kept nagging me.

 

"Whatever, Mir is probably wondering where I am" I said before turning on my heel and walking to were Thunder was.

 

"We will talk about this soon" Seungho said loud enough for me to hear.

 

----------------back to normal time and POV-----------------

 

"So, what do we do now?" Mir asked G.O once Thunder and Seungho left.

 

"Wait until my boss calls, he wants to meet you" G.O explained while flipping his house key.

 

"Oh, okay, well what do you work for anyway I though you worked for a bank, but this doesn't look like a ban---" Mir was cut off by a beep from G.O's cellphone.

 

"That’s my boss, come on" G.O said getting up and dropping the key into his coat pocket.

 

"Okay" Mir blinked following after G.O.

 

They took the elevator back down to the lobby then G.O went to the door behind the desk in the lobby and typed a code into the number pad by the door.

 

"Enter" an electronic voice said from the number pad.

 

"Wha- that’s cool" Mir said pointing at it, then he heard something unseal and the door slid open to a gray room with a few doors in it.

 

"Come on Mir" G.O said waving Mir to go in before him.

 

"Which door- okay never mind" Mir started to ask when he saw G.O walk over to the metal door with this weird scan thing halfway up the door.

 

"Eye and finger print identification" the same electronic woman's voice said.

 

G.O bent down to the scanner and it scanned his eyes then he place his right fingers on the scanner and it did the same thing.

 

"Number 185, code name G.O, approved entry" The same voice said.

 

"Umma, whats going on, and why is there so much scan security?" Mir asked G.O starting to get scared.

 

"Just come one Mir" G.O said holding out his hand for Mir to take, then the door swung inwards and G.O nudged Mir forward before him to enter.

 

"I'm here, and I brought Mir-ah like you asked." G.O spoke to the person who was standing by the window behind the desk.

 

"Ah, thank you G.O" The man spoke after the door sealed itself back shut.

 

"How has life been going for you two?" The man said turning around to look at the two.

 

"We have been good Hyung" G.O told the older version of him.

 

"Wait, aren't you the guy that gave me the waffle pillow when I was two!?" Mir blurted out pointing to the man in front of him.

 

"Yes, I did, I'm surprised you still remember my face, you were so little then, well, you always have been a smart one, main reason I adopted you from the orphanage" The man said still talking like Mir actually remembered everything about him.

 

"I only remember your face, I don't remember anything else besides that about you" Mir informed the man in hopes of things being cleared up.

 

"Well, I'm Jung Jihoon, Byunghee's older brother, I gave you the waffle pillow as you remember, and please do call me Rain unless we are in this office with only you, me, and Byunghee" Rain informed the boy with smiling brightly at him.

 

"So, why did you adopt me?" Mir questioned still confused on why this man would adopt him then leave G.O to take care of him.

 

"Because, when I first saw you, you were 1 year old, and had the most innocent look, but you were already able to walk, and your speech vocabulary was impeccable for a child that was only a few months off from becoming a 2 year old" Rain explained to the confused Mir.

 

"So you adopted me because I was smart but cute?" Mir asked confused tilting his head to the side.

 

"No, I adopted you because you were brilliant but looked naive" Rain told the boy.

 

"Mir is still naive even though he is smart" G.O informed Rain.

 

"No he isn't, he may be with you, but I have had people watch him for a while, and they all know he isn't naive"

 

"What, yes he is!" G.O argued back.

 

"Mir, did you ever really believe that G.O worked for a bank?"

 

"Well, no not really, with the hours he was working it didn't fit in with a banker's work hours" Mir explained surprised that the man knew that he didn't believe G.O.

 

"Mir, you know and never said anything?" G.O asked the boy shocked.

 

"Well, no, I wanted you to tell me what your actual job was on your own time" Mir shrugged lightly starting to get embarrassed.

 

"And you know who killed the executive at your school too" Rain stated while facing Mir. Right when that sentence left his mouth Mir stiffened up and put a defensive look on his face.

 

"I don't know what you are talking about"

 

"Sure you do, you know exactly who I am talking about, but don't worry, I won't make you describe him to me" Rain said smiling lightly while shrugging.

 

"Well, we are going back to our dorm" G.O said grabbing the door handle.

 

"Okay, and Mir, take this necklace and keep it on at all times" Rain said tossing Mir a necklace with a waffle shaped pendent on it.

 

"Okay" Mir nodded putting the necklace on and then following G.O out of the room and back up to the dorm.

 

"So now will you tell me what your job is?" Mir asked from their couch after they got back to the dorm.

 

"After I get back, I have to go talk with some people" G.O explained while getting up.

 

"What do I do while you are gone?" Mir pouted at G.O already bored.

 

"Pick whichever room you want, then unpack and you can watch tv when you are done" G.O explained pointing to his suit cases that were sitting at the opening of the hallway to the bedrooms and bathroom.

 

"Fine, but get back soon, I'm hungry again" Mir told him while getting up from the couch.

 

"Instant noodles in the cabinets, I’ll be gone for a while" G.O said pointing to the kitchen then leaving the room.

 

"Pfft, fine" Mir stomped to the suitcases and grabbed two of them while looking into the two rooms then chose the one with the ottoman's in it for storage and a net roof hanger that he can put his toys in, plus a book shelf.

 

"Here we go" Mir said leaving the two bags and going back for two more, then his last one, plus his backpack of hygiene.