On The Road

How Did This Even Happen?

 

“Yah! G.O Wake up” A voice yelled throughout the apartment.

 

“What, Thunder you’re here early” G.O said seeing the younger man standing in his living room.

 

“No I’m not, and who is that?” Thunder said pointing at a sleeping Mir on G.O’s lap.

 

“This is Mir, my friend he is moving into base with me” G.O told his work partner sternly.

 

“Boss isn’t going to like this” Thunder sighed while walking to the door.

 

“I have the truck out front, pack and come out in an hour”

 

“Fine” G.O snapped then started tapping Mir lightly once Thunder left.

 

“mhh, Umma I don’t wanna get up” Mir whined still half asleep.

 

“I know baby, I know but we have to pack up”

 

“Pack up? Are we going on a vacation?” Mir asked whipping the sleep from his eyes and sitting up.

 

“No Cheollie we’re moving” G.O said walking into the kitchen.

 

“But we just moved a few months back!” Mir protested stomping after G.O.

 

“I know, and I’m sorry that I keep doing this to you, but I swear this is the last time for a while” G.O said grabbing Mir’s face and making him look at him.

 

“Don’t be sorry Umma, You know I’m not mad at you, I can’t since you are the closest thing I ever had to a mom” Mir sniffled starting to tear up.

 

“Oh my baby, umma loves you too” G.O said also starting to tear up.

 

“so where did you put the moving bags again?” Mir asked so he can go pack his clothes and toys.

 

“In the extra room with my things” G.O said nodding to the hallway.

 

“I never did understand why you didn’t unpack until now” Mir said walking down the hall and grabbing his five suit cases.

 

“Well hurry we leave in an hour!” G.O yelled.

 

-----------An hour later-------------

 

“You done?” G.O asked Mir who just pulled another suitcase into the living room.

 

“Yay, oh my god how did you get your boxes out here so fast?” Mir said in awe at all of G.O’s boxes already in the living room.

 

“Not that hard but I have some friends to help us load” G.O said looking at the door waiting Thunder and Seungho.

 

“So are we moving to a house, apartment, or hotel?” Mir asked G.O while hugging his waffle shaped pillow.

 

“It’s a bit of all three of those” G.O tried explaining calmly until Mir bit his pillow.

 

"Are you hungry?”

 

“Well yes, the first thing I did when I woke up was pack so I haven’t eaten yet” Mir said between gnawing on his pillow.

 

“We will stop and get food” A voice aid in the doorway.

 

“HOLY !”

 

“Who are you?” Mir asked the guy calmly while G.O was still in the middle of his panic attack.

 

“Seungho, and this is Thunder, let’s get your guy’s things in the car so we can eat” Seungho explained grabbing the biggest box there.

 

“Yah, good idea” G.O said grabbing two smaller boxes and leaving the medium sized one for Thunder.

 

“Mir-ah take two of your bags down we will come back for the other three in a minute” G.O said turning around for a second.

 

“M’kay”

 

-------------A Little While Later----------------

 

“So what do you want to eat?” G.O asked everyone.

 

FOOD” Mir’s voice boomed over everybody else’s.

 

“Let’s just eat at the small diner right there” Seungho pointed the place out for Thunder to pull in.

 

“What do you want to drink?” The lady at the counter asked them.

 

“Water, orange juice, coke, coffee” They all ordered then sat at a table.

 

“So how do you guys know G.O-umma?” Mir asked the two men sitting across from him.

 

“Work” Thunder told him while playing with a napkin.

 

“We were in a relationship once but work policy’s made us break up” Seungho explained shrugging.

 

“Really?” Mir asked surprised.

 

“Yup, but we don’t like each other that way anymore” Seungho told him while their drinks were set down.

 

“That’s kinda sad, I would have loved to have an Appa too”

 

“Mir drop the subject!” G.O snapped at the poor boy while taking a sip of his water right after.

 

“S-sorry hyung” Mir said looking down at his juice with his hands folded under the table.

 

“Sorry Mir-Ah, I didn’t mean to snap at you” G.O said patting the crying Mir’s head.

 

“I-i-I k-kn-know th-th-at” Mir stuttered hiccupping a little.

 

---------------------Back In the truck-------------------------

 

“Holy , I can’t believe that the kid is already asleep” Thunder said looking through the rear view mirror at Mir.

 

“Ya, he sleeps in cars when he has a full belly” G.O explained patting Mir’s slightly pudgy stomach from just eating.

 

“So how did you meet the boy?” Seungho asked quietly from the passenger seat.

 

“A story to tell for another time” G.O said calmly while looking out the window and dozing off a few minutes later like Mir.