EXO/Lay's hoodie

K-pop explained: Behind The Scenes
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

THE MYSTERY

 

Lay's watersports hoodie.

 

THE EVIDENCE

 

 

 

 

"I never wanted to piss on someone's face more than I want to piss on yours."

 

 

 

 

 

THE EXPLANATION

 

 

 

Passport?

Check.

Shades?
Check.

Gum?
Check.

Phone?

Phone.

Goddammit.

Jongdae panics, frantically rummaging through the satchel next to him, hairs on the back of his neck standing up as he looks for the familiar rectangular shape. .

“Has anyone seen my phone?” Jongdae’s voice cracks as he looks around desperately. They were already running late, and there would be no way of retrieving his phone at the dorm without missing his flight.

The rest of the EXO-M members are ignorant of Jongdae’s increasing panic; Luhan and Minseok are both absorbed in their portable DVD-players, Tao’s fast asleep in the passenger’s seat, Kris playing Candy Crush on his own phone and Yixing puffing his cheeks and humming as he drums a beat on his knees with his fingers.

Jongdae turns to Kris. “Could you stop that for a minute? I need you to call me.”

Kris’ gaze is vacant as he looks up at Jongdae. “I’m in the middle of something important.”

“Kris, you’re playing Candy Crush.”

“Exactly.”

Jongdae turns back, exasperated, and pokes Yixing in the ribs. “Hmm?” It takes the dancer next to him a couple of moments before he succeeds in focusing his gaze on Jongdae. It never fails to amaze him how slow and airheaded the boy next to him can be.

“Call my phone for me?”

“What?”, a confused expression slowly taking over Yixing’s face.

“I need you to call my phone.”

“But you’re right here.”

“I can’t find it.”

“… Why do I have to call you if you’re not going to pick up?”

Jongdae stares at Yixing. Just when I thought he couldn’t get any dumber.

Behind them, Kris groans. “Yixing, listening to you makes my brain cells commit mass suicide. I’ll make the call, Jongdae.”

Finally.

“Thank you”, Jongdae says, still eyeing Yixing curiously, wondering how the Chinese man made it this far in life without accidentally killing himself with a tooth brush.

Jongdae’s heart makes a leap as he hears the familiar tune of Girl’s Day’s Expectation, his ringtone.

It seems to come out of Yixing’s .

Yixing squeaks as the trill function of the phone kicks in. Jongdae curses, pushing at Yixing’s thighs until the latter lifts off the seat and phone and owner are finally reunited.

“I can’t believe you had your on my phone this whole time”, Jongdae says with hardly concealed disgust.

“You know, I was wondering why my was vibrating the whole ride.”

“You’re hopeless and some day you will be outsmarted by a cup of yogurt, Yixing.”

Yixing blinks, brows furrowed. Jongdae pets him on the head. “Give it an hour or two to sink in, you’ll get the joke eventually.”

 

Jongdae’s phone beeps and vibrates in his hand.  Text from Mom.


What on earth…?

Jongdae quickly checks his inbox. All 453 messages are from ‘Mom’.

Please log in to read the full chapter