Jellyfish.

Jellyfish.

"Where are we going?", you asked Baekhyun when he picked you up.

Why must you always ask so many questions?”, he teased.

No reason. Just curious. It’s just we’ve never gone on a date in the middle of the week before”.

———

The aquarium? Nice choice. Good job babe”, you said as you patted him on the back and looked around.

What am I? A dog?”, he chuckled as he grabbed your hand, leading you in.

———

Every time you went places like this, it felt like you were reliving your childhood. It felt nice to be able to relax and enjoy yourself once in a while. 

———

Baekhyun purposely avoided going into the showroom with the jellyfish, knowing it was her favorite. She never liked celebrating her birthday, and to be honest, she probably didn’t even realize it was her birthday. That’s why he asked her out on a date today. Just as they were about to go look at the jellyfish, he excused himself.

———

Go ahead without me, I’ll be right back. I have to go use the restroom”, Baekhyun suddenly said.

You pouted and stomped your foot. Looking at the jellyfish was your favorite part of going to the aquarium.

Jeez, go! Hurry up! I’ve been waiting all day to see them!

He ran off and you took a seat on the bench near the entrance, not wanting to look at them without him.

———

Baekhyun ran to the food court, and looked for the bakery booth. He bought a little vanilla cupcake with strawberry filling, topped with a strawberry streaked, vanilla frosting with a little fondant flower in the middle. Just before he got to the show room, he stuck a candle in the cupcake and lit it. Luckily she was sitting near the entrance so he wouldn’t have to go searching for her in there.

———

You were busy playing on your phone when you realize someone was standing in front of you. You looked up and it was Baekhyun holding a cupcake with a candle in it.

I know you don’t like celebrating your birthday so I didn’t want to do anything too extravagant and make you mad at me. I figured something like this would be okay though”, he said softly, smiling.

T-thank you…”, you whispered, totally taken by surprise.

Hurry up and blow out the candle. The wax is getting everywhere and people are starting to stare at us”.

You smiled and blew out the candle. He bent down and gave you a kiss.

 

Happy birthday honey, I love you”.