Please Wait

From Nerdy to y

A/N: Whoa. Kay, so. I didn't think that many people would vote. I think I got something around 25 votes? Maybe more? That means over 40 actual results, because each person answered two questions.The results were all pretty close. There was one top tier, though.

Words: 1,911

Summary; Because watching his nerdy, dorky childhood friend grow up to be on legs was one of the most painful experiences Sehun had ever dealt with in his life.

 

Chapter 4/?; Please Wait

---

          “Do you hate me?

It was weird, Yifan mused to himself, lips pulling into a tired smile, because it almost sounded like Sehun...cared. But that was impossible, right? Because the Sehun who cared had left a long time ago.

Sighing quietly, Yifan slowly turned to face the younger boy. He was tired; he didn't have time for Sehun's messed up games right now. As he turned, Yifan expected Sehun to let go of him. Though instead, he found that the small boy's grip only got tighter. Yifan could feel his eyebrows draw together in confusion; Sehun hated to touch dirty things, much less his old, worn out clothes. It made no sense for him to be doing this now.

The boy's head was still facing down, and his small frame was still shaking slightly. For a moment, Yifan was actually a little worried. If he didn't know any better, he would've actually thought Sehun was crying. But that was impossible, too; because Sehun had absolutely no reason to cry.

Placing his slightly larger hand on top of the boy's in an attempt to push it off of him, Yifan couldn't help the small grunt of surprise that left his throat when Sehun immediately took hold of his hand, gripping it tightly between his ten little finger tips.

Sehun..?” Yifan mumbled the boy's name confusedly, letting his hand go limp in the younger's grip.

Answer me,” Sehun's surprisingly drained voice spoke out, as his grip on Yifan's hand got even tighter. “Please..” He whispered.

And for a moment, Yifan paused.

Do you hate me?

The question echoed in Yifan's head once again, and quietly, he attempted to tear his hand from the boy's grip.

Sehun, let go.”

The younger merely shook his head, grasping onto Yifan's hand for dear life. Small whimpers came from the boy's throat, and Yifan watched with slightly widened eyes as the ten year old fell to his knees, hands still wrapped around the elder's. Sehun brought Yifan's hand up to his face, allowing it to gently touch his cheek. And Yifan flexed his fingers unconsciously as he felt the wet surface.

You're crying..” Yifan mumbled, eyes glazed over and voice hoarse.

I am..” Sehun croaked out, still refusing to actually show Yifan his face. “So answer...please..”

Yifan could feel another tear roll down one of his finger tips, falling onto the pavement silently along with all the others. Sehun was crying. Sehun never cried...at least, not in front of him. Sehun barely talked to him. Sehun stopped caring. Yifan kept repeating the words to himself, but they didn't make sense anymore.

Not when Sehun was crying, on his knees, begging Yifan to answer his question and refusing to let go of his hand.

It was overwhelming.

With a solid pull of his arm, Yifan tore his hand away from Sehun's grip; watching as the boy immediately gasped in fear, hands still frozen in place, before he slowly let himself completely fall to the floor, allowing his forehead come into contact with the dirty pavement.

Yifan sighed. “The floor is dirty..”

All he got in response was the sound of quiet sobs.

And so he crouched down, sitting in front of Sehun and wincing at the pain that came from his sore body. Hesitantly, he lifted one of his hands, gently resting it on top of the boy's head and giving a slight smile at the questioning gasp he got in response. Yifan ruffled Sehun's hair softly, staying silent for a moment before softly voicing his answer.

I could never hate you.

And then he stood, taking one last glace at Sehun before opening his front door and quietly shutting it behind him.

---

For a while, Sehun stayed like that; laying in front of Yifan's house, and crying tears he should've cried a long time ago. He could still feel it; the warmth of Yifan's hand on the back of his head, and the sound of Yifan's tired, quiet voice.

He doesn't hate me..” The ten year old whispered to himself, throwing a hand over his face to hide his fresh onslaught of tears. “He doesn't hate me..

Three years later, and here he was.

Yifan still meant everything.

And Oh Sehun was still a giant cry baby.

Pathetic.

---

The next day, Sehun found himself sitting in class, glaring at the clock irately and secretly willing the hands to move faster. Yifan...he needed to see Yifan and this stupid clock was moving so slowly the ten year old thought he would die. Apparently, he'd only been staring at the clock for twenty minutes. But in all honesty, it felt like it had already been three hours.

Ever since yesterday, Sehun had been very anxious. Yifan's words still repeatedly rang in his head, and right now – more than anything, the young child wanted to see the elder's face. He wanted to see his messy hair, his thick rimmed glasses and his crooked bottom teeth. Sehun wanted to see Yifan's breath taking eyes, his goofy smile, and hear his calming, going through puberty voice that cracked every few words.

Usually, he could handle this feeling.

But after yesterday, after hearing his voice and feeling his touch..everything and anything relating to Yifan was so hard to control.

Sehun couldn't take it. He couldn't keep this up any longer.

He missed Yifan. And yesterday made him realize just how much he actually needed the older boy in his life.

Let me see him, Sehun could feel himself shaking in his seat. Please...I wont let them hurt him this time, I'll protect Yifan; I'll tell him I'm sorry, I'll make things right...we..we can go back to normal, we can start over and Yifan will be with me and I wont ever leave him ever agai –

Oh Sehun; this is the fifth time this hour I've caught you spacing out in class. Detention!

And that's how, one hour later, Sehun found himself sitting in the detention room; holding back angry tears while glaring harshly at the back of his teachers ugly head. She ruined it; she ruined everything. How was he suppose to see Yifan now? By the time this stupid punishment was over, Yifan would already be walking home! For the first time ever, he would be letting Yifan would walk home alone...he wouldn't get to see him today. Yifan would be expecting him, and he wouldn't be there.

He would let Yifan down. Again.

Tears finally fell; and to hide himself from the world, the child completely buried his head in his lap, bringing his knees up to shield his face.

To make things worse, some stupid kid decided to throw paper at him. The first time, Sehun ignored it; too immersed in pitying himself. But then the hits got relentless, and when his stupid teacher walked out of the room for a bathroom break, Sehun finally allowed himself to look up. He forgot about his tear stained face, shrieking girlishly while falling out of his chair when he laid eyes on the face that was currently too close to his.

Aha, you scream like a girl!” The voice laughed at him, and then Sehun heard a plop sound, and when he looked up some boy was sitting in his chair.

The boy was smiling at him; his clothing looked expensive, and his skin was lightly tanned. There was a certain light to his dark eyes that both unnerved and comforted Sehun, and eventually, the ten year old finally recognized the boy as one of his classmates.

The boy's smile faltered. “Are you okay?”

As if just remembering that a couple seconds ago he was crying his eyes out, Sehun immediately turned his head back down. He hated when people saw him cry; crying was pitiful and weak, it made his face look like a tomato,and his nose got so stuffy he could barely breathe. Sehun was very thankful Yifan had never actually seen him cry. Even though he cried a lot nowadays..it didn't mean it was okay to let people see.

I'm sorry I threw stuff at you!” The boy's voice hit him again, and with every passing second Sehun was getting more and more annoyed. “Er, I just wanted to get your attention. I'm usually in here alone..”

Wiping at his face uselessly, Sehun sniffled. “Leave.”

Aish, don't be like that!” He could practically feel the boy's pout. “Let's be friends!”

I don't want frien—”

I'm Kim Jongin!” Sehun glared at the floor; stupid boy interrupted him.. “But you can call me Kai if you want to!”

I don't care,” The ten year old hissed stubbornly. “Leave me alon—”

Nope! I've already decided! We're going to be friends!”

---

When the teacher finally dismissed them, Sehun ran out of the school building as fast as his little legs would carry him; set on getting to Yifan at least part way and scowling irately when he heard a distant, “Wait, where are you going!” echo behind him. That stupid Kai kid was following him! Sehun didn't understand – he'd been nothing but boarder line mean to the boy since the first moment he met him, and yet he still wouldn't leave him alone.

I just have to out run him...Though that seemed to be impossible, because in a matter of seconds Kai was no longer trailing behind him, but running next to him, side by side. The worst part – the idiot didn't even seem short of breath...meanwhile poor Sehun was huffing and puffing like the out of shape child he was.

H-How did you run so fast?!” Sehun found himself yelling that the boy, glaring daggers through the brunette's head. This wasn't suppose to be happening!

Kai merely smirked at him. “Sports are my thing; sorry, but there's no way you could ever out run me.”

The ten year old frowned in response, giving a distinct roll of his eyes.

However, the other boy seemed unfazed. “So, where to?”

Sehun scowled. Anywhere without you in it. “None of your business..”

Okay, then,” Kai shrugged, and Sehun still didn't know how the boy managed to do that while sprinting, “I guess I'll just follow you home then.”

Sehun could feel his mouth hang open in utter disbelief. Why was this boy so – so creepy and persistent?! Didn't he get the freaking message? He didn't want him there!

Sehun tried to out run Kai the best that he could; and by the time he could faintly make out his house in the distance, Sehun thought he would collapse from exhaustion. He was sweating, panting, and his legs felt numb – and then there was Kai next to him, who had just barely begun to break a sweat. That honestly only made Sehun hate him more.

Though, God apparently didn't completely hate him today, because from a distance, Sehun could see a small, beaten up figure. He was wearing the same torn up hoodie he wore all the time, and even from yards and yards away Sehun could make out the linings of thick rimmed glasses and messy dark hair.

His heart leapt into his throat at the sight, and Sehun was sure that Kai looked at him weirdly as he shouted, undoubtedly, from the top of lungs –

Yifan!! Yifan, I-I'm here! Please, wait!

---

A/N: Er, kay. One more chapter, then the time skip. Kai is a little bit of twit this time around, but don't worry -- he'll mature. As they all will. I didn't re-read this chapter...so there's probably a lot of typos. I'll see you whenever I next see you. I also can't believe people are actually reading this crappy story. =~=

Ohmygod, and like only two of you voted for my ultimate OTP. Oh well.