Family To Be

Question - Soohyun

Rubbing your eyes tirelessly, you tried to hold in your yawn as you looked back at the screen of your computer. Feeling tired and worn out, you still pushed through your work as you had to get this project done by the end of the week. One of your friends and co workers who sat next to you, kept an eye on you, she rolled her chair over to yours as she tapped your shoulder and you looked over at her with a weak smile.

"You look really tired, why don’t you take a quick break and I will order all of your paperwork for you." She said with a comforting smile as you nodded.

"I’ll be right back." You said as you stood up from your chair, as you walked to the bathroom to splash some water on your face so that you could at least try to stay awake.

Once you reached the bathroom, your stomach turned worse and you clutched it as you hung onto the sink as you tried to control your breathing and feeling hotter by the minute. Splashing some cool water on your face seemed to help for the moment, but your stomach then turned for the worse as you knew that you had to go home and rest. Walking slowly back out to your desk you let your boss know before you packed up your bags.

"I’ll work on your project as much as I can, you get some good rest." Your coworker said as you nodded and thanked her before exiting the building and catching a cab home.

Punching in the code to enter your home, you slid off your shoes as you tried not to fall over. Managing to change your clothes, you stuffed a pillow under your arm and a blanket that dragged on the ground as you made yourself a bed on the couch as you put in your favorite movie. Sipping on some water, you began to feel groggy as your eyelids slid over your eyes, slipping you into a blissful sleep.

A well deserved break for the Ukiss members, Soohyun took this time to call you at work.

Ring… Ring… Ring…

"Hello?" The sweet co worker to the side of you answered your phone for you.

”_______?” Soohyun asked as he thought it didn’t quiet sound like you.

"Ah… no this is Hoshin, her co worker." She said as she pulled out a piece of paper and a pen to take a message for you.

"Do you know where ________ is?" Soohyun asked now getting quite worried for you.

"Oh, are you Soohyun, her husband?" Hoshin asked curiously.

"Yeah, I am." He said across the phone.

"She went home sick." Hoshin informed him as she rolled her chair back to her desk as she continued to work.

"Thanks Hoshin." Soohyun hung up the call and dialed your cell phone number.

Ring… Ring… Ring…

The phone vibrated in your hand as you woke up just to put the phone to your ear.

"Hello?" You said sleepily

”______?” Soohyun asked as he tried to assess how sick you were over the phone.

"Soo-ssi…. I’m sick." You whimpered over the phone as your forehead was warm and you kicked off the blankets.

"How do you feel? Do you need me to pick anything up for you on my way home?" Soohyun asked as you shook your head forgetting that he couldn’t see you.

"I just feel yucky, my tummy hurts."  You whispered as you started to fall asleep again. Soohyun smiled on the other side as he loved how cute you were, using kid language to describe yourself.

"I will get you something on the way home for that ok? You get some rest and I will be at home as soon as I can." Soohyun said as you hummed in agreement, "I love you, sleep tight." He said softly as you began to fall asleep again, ending the call, you let the phone slip from your ear as you fell asleep once again.

Waking up to nausea, you ran to the bathroom and hung over the sink as it soon disappeared.

"That’s odd." You whispered as you ran through all of the illnesses that you could have. "Flu?" You checked your temperature, "No fever. Maybe a cold? But I’m not coughing."

Looking over to your left, you saw a box for a pregnancy test, one that you picked up soon after Soohyun had asked you to have a child with him. Breathing in deep you took the test and waited for the results. Comparing your results to the results on the box, you sat on the edge of the tub as your eyes switched from one to the other.

Positive

With your heart beating faster by the minute, you bit your lip at the result as a smile soon sat on your face.

"Soohyun will be so happy when he finds out." You said to yourself as you ran your hand over your stomach before you put everything away and walked back to the couch as new and exciting thoughts filled your mind.

A few hours later, Soohyun came through the door, with grocery bags in his hands, setting them on the counter before taking off his coat and shoes. After putting everything away, Soohyun walked over to the couch, he saw your sleeping figure as he smiled at you as his fingers gently brushed against your skin as you moved closer to his fingers.

Opening your eyes slowly, he sat there on the edge of the couch with his arm pressing against the back of the couch as he leaned over you.

"How are you feeling jagiya?" He whispered not knowing if you have a head ache or not.

"Not too bad, right now." Your hand wrapped in his as you kissed it softly.

"Do you know what you had?" He asked as his thumb gently moved over your fingers. Nodding slowly, you sat up carefully, repositioning yourself amongst the cushions. "What was it?"

"I think you can guess." You smirked as you played with his fingers as he thought hard, going through what could be troubling you.

"Hmmmmm, is it a cold?" Soohyun tilted his head to you as you shook your head, "Flu?" Again you shook your head, he named off a few more guesses that he had before you smiled at him.

"Soohyun, you know that question you asked me a few months ago." You said as he furrowed his eyebrows together, wondering what this has to do with you right now.

"I do remember." He blushed a little as he nodded.

"Well… I am pregnant." You looked into his dark eyes as his plump lips parted as he let out the breath that he was holding in with disbelief.

"A-Are you sure?" He asked as you nodded. Without another thought, Soohyun wrapped his arms around you happily. Kissing the side of your head he couldn’t stop smiling.

"Can I, or the baby, get you anything?" He smiled at the mere thought that you and him would have a baby soon.

"We just want our Daddy to cuddle with us." You smiled as he nodded, moving beside you, you rested your head on his lap as he played with your hair gently. Both of you smiled subconsciously as you enjoyed the sweet moments together before the baby would arrive and make you both into a family.