Chapter 1

Sweet Connection

Jineul's POV

Life's a box of chocolates.

Anything that's too much is bad. Anything less is worse. And like a box of chocolates, you never know what you'll get.

Speaking of chocolate, here comes our school's eye-candy.

"Kyaaaaaa! Donghyun Oppa, you look hot today!!!"

Sureeee. And you said he looked 'hot' to yesterday, and the day before that.

"Kwangmin Oppa can you be my boyfriend?!?!"

-___________-"

"Hyunseong Oppa, I cooked lunch for you!"

Note to self: check trash bins for poison bottles.

"You are the cutest thing I have ever laid eyes on, Minwoo Oppa!"

Thing? Moreover, OPPA? Isn't she 2 years older than him? Is this girl on drugs?!

I pressed myself against the lockers as the school 'Kingkas' and the mob of fan girls passed by.

#1 reason why I hate my life: No peace.

I turned around and opened my locker. I quickly took a glance at my schedule then got the things I needed.

"Oh, Kwangmin-ah!"

I used the mirror that hung on my locker door to look at the scene.

Jo Kwangmin, one of the maknae of the group, Boyfriend, came rushing towards them.

'Boyfriend' by the way, is the name the Kingkas thought of for themselves. How nice.

"H-hi hyung..." He panted.

Donghyun, the self-proclaimed leader, eyed him from head to toe. "What happened to you?"

"Got caught up in class. Teacher scolded me." He explained.

"Wait, let me guess... you slept in class again didn't you?" Jeongmin asked.

Kwangmin sighed. "Youngmin kept me up last night. I have got to get my own room!"

This was followed by a series of laughter from Boyfriend. "Twin dilemmas huh?"

Wait, why am I even listening?! I grabbed something from my locker and shut it close.

What it is, you might ask?

Something very important to me. A book. A book that is very memorable to me. I have forgotten about it for the past years, actually. I only remembered it when I cleaned my closet last night. 

I checked my watch. 40 minutes left 'til the end of Lunch break. Perfect. I can finish this book.

I ran up the flight of stairs, heading to the only place I can go to without being called a 'loser' or 'nerd'. 

The rooftop.

I opened the door when I heard a voice.

"Um..." A girl's voice? "Oppa, I really like you! Please go out with me!" 

Oh... it's your usual, 'confession scene' isn't it? I hid by the door and waited for it to be over.

"Why should I?"

Wait. Why is that voice oddly familiar?

"W-what...? But Oppa, I thought you...."

"Don't get me wrong Kyungmi. That--" He paused. Why did he...? "--was nothing. You meant nothing to me."

I could now hear quiet sobs coming from the girl. Poor Kyungmi-ssi.

"Ah~ I hate this kind of setting. Leave. Now."

Oh. So it's HIM.

"Oppa...oppa you're horrible!" The girl ran and exited through the door. Luckily, I hid just in time and she didn't see me.

#2 reason why I hate my life: the growing amount of chauvinist jerks.

I leaned on the wall while waiting for Youngmin to leave. Yes, the rude, cold-hearted jerk who rejected the confession was Jo Youngmin. Boyfriend's 6th member.

I felt the soothing cold wind and I closed my eyes. A few more year. Only a few more years left, Jineul.

I heard the door open but didn't hear it close. Really now? How rude. Not even closing the door properly.

"Eavesdropping now, are we?"

My eyes shot open and I came face-to-face with Youngmin.

He was looking right at me while one of his hands was trapping me to the wall. Great. Just great.

He smirked. "Stalking is not good, Miss."

I glared at him. "You jerk, I didn't eavesdrop on purpose. And I'm not a stalker either."

I was expecting him to at least back away but he did the opposite he moved even closer to me.

Have I ever mentioned our faces are dangerously close?

...yeah, that part was important.

I gulped as I stared at his beautif-- UGLY eyes.

Heh.

"Hmm...interesting."

Silence passed by us.

"Can you back off?" I said in an icy tone. "And can you please leave?"

"Feisty." He chuckled. "Don't you know who I am?"

I blinked innocently. "Oh should I?"

He narrowed his eyes, snatched the book from my hands and threw it off the roof.

I gasped. "My book!"

I ran to the edge and looked at it as it flew across the sky. My book, it's very special to me...

I turned around to see Youngmin walking away.

"Yah, Jo Youngmin!" I shouted after him.

He stopped on his tracks. He didn't look at me though. "I thought, you didn't know me?"

...............

Pabo. Pabo Jineul.

He chuckled. "Sure you don't." Then he left. Just like that.

"Aish, that bastard."

Otteoke? that was a very important book. My only best friend gave that to me...on my birthday...

I then ran off and followed the direction the book flew off to. I ran down the long flight of stairs and through the corridors. I searched through the whole school but it was nowhere to be found.

Oh no.

My book!


No One's POV

Meanwhile...

"Oppa, you look good today!"

He smiled at the fan girl as he made his way at the school's courtyard.

He was halfway there when he felt something hard hit him flat on the head.

"Ow! What the......"

He looked down and saw, "A book?" He picked it up and inspected it. He then placed it inside his bag and walked away.