Secret

Secret
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Tao’s POV---

I was standing in front of my best friend, Kris’ grave, remembering the promise we have made before he passed away.

“Hey, Kris, remember the promise we made? She is now my wife. Don’t worry, I will take good care of her and your child.” With one last bow, I turn and walk out from the cemetery.

 ~Two years ago~

you, Kris and I were best friends. We used to be together no matter where we were going. I was actually in love with you but you could only notice Kris. At the same time, you was also an apple of Kris’ eyes. As Kris told me that, I encouraged Kris to confess his feelings to you. With my encouragement, Kris was now officially in a relationship with you. Since that day, I did not hang out with them that often. First reason, I did not want to become a third party between them, secondly, I was trying to let go of my feelings towards you.

One night, Kris and you called me out.

“Hey Tao!” you greeted me at the moment I stepped into the restaurant we were supposed to meet up.

“Hey you, I expect to meet Kris around. Where is he?” I asked while looking around.

“Ah… He went to the washroom. Take a place to sit while waiting for him.” you told me. I smiled and took a seat. Not long after, Kris came out and when he saw me, he immediately gave me a hug, like I was his long lost friend. That night, we were chatting about each other’s life like what we used to do.

One year passed and now I was a manager of a company. I thought I would totally lost contact with Kris and you until one day, Kris appeared and he met me at my office. I could not believe my eyes that he was able to search me after a long period.

“Kris, is that you?”

“Oh yes Tao… Actually, I need your help.” Kris told me. The moment he asked me for help, I could see he was so desperate and so, I did agree to help him.

“Tao… can you help me to find a temporary girlfriend?” I frowned when I heard his request. I did not speak and gave him a punch on his face. When I was about to give him another punch, he laughed.

“How could you do this to me and most importantly to you?!” I shouted at him. No matter how I scolded him, he was not angry at me. He stood up slowly and started to utter about the story behind that. He said that he had encountered with a severe headache recently so he went to make an appointment with the doctor.

The news that he told that could make me broke down in front of him.

“Kris, tell me that you are joking.” I laughed with my tears in my eyes.

“Tao… It is alright…” Kris tried to comfort me but I cut him off.

“How

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter