Ch. 1- Angel's Paradise

Love Lost in Time

(A/N: hasn't been proofread so excuse me for any mistakes!)

It was like any other day in Lee Sungyeol's life. He got up exactly at seven in the morning, took a shower, washed his face, brushed his teeth, and then got dressed. After getting dressed, he went to the kitchen to make breakfast for himself which usually consisted of toast, eggs, bacon, and a fruit. Today he was having a banana and a glass of orange juice.

After finishing his breakfast, Sungyeol grabbed his wallet, phone, and put his jacket on. Then he put on his black Converse and headed out the door. His body shook a bit at the cold chill of the autumn morning, but welcomed it with a warm heart. Sungyeol proceeded down the street, turned some corners, and continued to walk where he works at.

While he walked to his job, he looked up and met with the sun's gleaming rays. He smiled though. The sun was bright and Sungyeol liked the feeling of the sun on his face. It made him feel warm during the autumn days. Then he saw how there weren't any clouds in the sky today. It was a vast, empty sky of blue. It was as if it was endless.

A blue bird passed by in the sky. Sungyeol's hand reached for it despite it being so high in the sky. He watched it as it disappeared into the sky. Then he looked back to the streets before he continued to walk back to his work place.

On his way there, people greeted him with smiles. It has been three years since he has moved to this part of the city. It also has been three years since he got the job where he works now. During those three years, he became close to the people who lived here.

Sungyeol was about to turn another corner until he was stopped by a voice. He knew that voice anywhere as he turned around with a bright smile on his face. The little girl came running up to him with her backpack bouncing up and down. Sungyeol couldn't help but smile at how cute she was as she ran up to him.

He opened up his arms when the girl got closer and lifted her up into the air. The little girl giggled as she wrapped her arms around Sungyeol's neck. Sungyeol kissed her cheek and she did the same. A few seconds later, the little girl's mother came running down the street. Sungyeol smiled at the mother and set the girl down.

"Now, Jinae-ah, you need to be careful and stay with your mother." Sungyeol bopped her nose which only made Jinae pout. She hugged Sungyeol's leg and looked up at him.

"I missed seeing Sungyeol-oppa!"

Sungyeol chuckled softly as he picks up Jinae again. "I missed you too, but I don't want you getting lost from your mother. Stay with her next time that way we can see each other again, okay?"

Jinae's mother walks on over to them with a motherly smile. "Jinae-ah, I told you to not run away like that. If you wanted to see Sungyeol, you should hav told me." The little girl pouted again before holding out her arms for her mother to take her. Jinae's mom took her daughter from Sungyeol and bowed at him. "Sorry for the trouble she has caused."

Sungyeol shaked his head with a chuckle. "Don't worry. I don't mind at all. Please, come visit the café when you have time. Bring Jinae as well."

"Of course I will. See you another day then." Sungyeol waves goodbye to the two of them before he procceeded back to the café.

Sungyeol's boss was probably wondering where he was as of this moment. If he picks up his pace, then there is a chance he won't be late. He picks up his pace as he crosses the street. Then when he saw Angel's Paradise Café, he ran the last of it. Sungyeol took a deep breath before he opened the door.

Standing by the front desk was his boss, Kim Sunggyu. Sungyeol bowed to his boss and creeped his way to the back to put on his apron. However, Sunggyu stopped him by barring the door with his arm. Sungyeol looked at the older with a shaky smile while the latter glared at him. "H-Hey Sunggyu-hyung-"

"You're late."

"I know but it was only by a few minutes! Please let me off this time!"

Sunggyu lets out a sigh and turned back to the front. "Good morning, Sungyeol."

Sungyeol smiled at Sunggyu's back and opened the door to the back. "Good morning to you too, Sunggyu-hyung." He headed to the back to put on the black apron that has a wing on the corner that symbolizes the café. The younger always wondered why the older chose to call the café Angel's Paradise. Sungyeol shrugged his shoulders at the thought as he goes back to the front.

There were a few customers lined up already. Ever since he started to work here, he noticed that there were quite a few regular customers. Sungyeol always wondered too how Sunggyu was able to run this place by himself. He remembered that he saw nobody else working here when he asked if there were any openings at this café. Sungyeol is glad that he got the job. He feels comfortable here with the older.

"Sungyeol, stop daydreaming and get working!"

Sungyeol chuckled as he started making the coffee for the customers. "Whatever you say, Sunggyu-hyung." He knew the older was smiling. There was no need for them to face each other to know what the other was feeling. Also, he could see one of the girls blushing. The only reason would be because of Sunggyu's smile.

"Lady's man," Sungyeol whispered to himself.

After he made a few lattes, cappuccinos, and espressos, he decides to drink coffee with cream and sugar. Sunggyu did the same, however, his coffee was black. Sungyeol wanted to know how could the older drink something so strong and bitter like that. Whatever. It was Sunggyu's preference.

The younger watches their customers interact with each other as they drink their coffee and ate their muffins and donuts. Sunggyu also bakes their goods as well. Sometimes, it amazes Sungyeol how Sunggyu does everything so well.

Sunggyu turned to look at Sungyeol and lets out a sigh. "What are you looking at now? Something on my face?"

"Nope. Nothing at all. I'm just admiring you, hyung!" Sunggyu rolled his eyes and scoffed at what Sungyeol said. There was a small "Admiring my " between them but Sungyeol ignored it. He knew the older doesn't take compliments very well.

Once they were done drinking their drinks, they started to make more drinks and attend to their customers. Usually during mid-day, there aren't many customers since most of them would be at work. However, sometimes, they would get customers who come here for lunch. At that time of day, Sunggyu would go to the back to make a quick lunch for the both of them.

Sungyeol attended to the customers during that time while Sunggyu was busy making lunch for them. Then when he heard the bells ring, he looked up to see a person he hasn't seen before. The younger smiled his smile for the customers and asked him what he would like to have.

"What would you say is the best thing here?" Of course. Sungyeol should have realized that this customer doesn't really know the menu. He was about to tell the customer what he was going to recommend until Sunggyu came out with plates of food for them. At that moment, the customer's eyes widened at Sunggyu.

"S-Sunggyu-hyung! What are you doing here?!" The customer walked around the counter so he was standing in front of Sungyeol's boss. Now, Sungyeol was definitely confused. He didn't know the older knew other...people.

Sunggyeol let out a deep sigh. Then he sets down the plates of food when another customer walked in as well. Sungyeol doesn't remember seeing this person either. Right when he was about to greet the customer, the latter pasts by to talk to the previous customer.

"Dongwoo-hyung! I told you to not run away like that! You're supposed to stay with me at all-," he stops as he realizes who was standing next to Dongwoo, "S-Sunggyu-hyung..."

Dongwoo smiled happily as he grabbed onto the other customer's arm. "Hoya, it's Sunggyu-hyung in the flesh! It's been way too long since we have last seen him." Hoya nods his head, a bit speechless at the new information.

Sunggyu pulls the two of them over and tells Sungyeol to watch the front while he was busy talking with the two of them. This only made Sungyeol more curious about the older. Who were those two? This is the first time he has ever seen them. Dongwoo and Hoya... Who were they?

From afar, Sungyeol watched the three of them converse with each other. He couldn't understand much of their conversation since they weren't speaking very loudly. He could only guess from their facial expressions. While he watched them, he didn't realize that a few more people walked in. He quickly took their orders and began to make their drinks and took out some bread and muffins as well.

Once all of the customers were attened to, he turned back to where the three of them were sitting. However, when he did so, he noticed that Sunggyu didn't look too happy. He wondered what they talked about to make the older become like that. Sure the older might get annoyed and irritated at him sometimes but he never got to the point where he was angry.

It wasn't until an hour later when their conversation ended. Sungyeol watched Sunggyu wave goodbye at Dongwoo and Hoya then looked away when the older turned back. Then when Sungyeol looked up, he saw that Sunggyu didn't looked too...pleased.

"Sunggyu-hyung, is it okay if I asked what the three of you were talking about?"

Sunggyu stared at the younger and lets out another sigh. It seemed like Sunggyu was sighing a lot today. The older leaned against the counter as he fiddled around with the end of his apron. "We were talking about the past, that's all. Nothing for you to be worried about." He patted Sungyeol's shoulder and passed by him to go to the back.

Right when he was about to ask Sunggyu again, the bells chimed once more. However, his body stilled when a breeze blew inside the café, bringing his attention to the scent it brought with it. The scent was foreign yet strangely familiar. Sungyeol turned around to see a male about the same age as him but a little bit shorter as well. Their eyes locked together as he tried to find the words. He should have been asking what he would like to order, but the words completely disappeared from his head.

"U-Um...what would y-you-"

The door opened again which caused the bells to ring as well. "Myungsoo-hyung, I told you- Oh! S-Sungyeol-hyung!"

Sungyeol's body and head went back to normal when the other person came in. He looks down at the cash register and placed his finger over the buttons. "What would you like to order? If you don't know, we have a board that says our recommended list." Sungyeol couldn't meet their eyes. His body wanted to look at the male whose name was Myungsoo. However, he couldn't look at the other person.

Myungsoo eyed Sungyeol then looked to the person standing beside him. "Sungjong, get whatever you want. I will be sitting over there." Myungsoo walks away but not without another glance at Sungyeol. Somehow, the latter intrigued him. Then he walked over to a booth by the window while Sungjong was stuck there.

"So, what would you like," Sungyeol asked again.

Sungjong stared at Sungyeol for a few seconds before looking at the menu. "Can I get two blueberry muffins, chai latte, and a macchiato." Sungyeol pressed the order into the computer, takes out the two muffins, and goes to make the drinks. He made them slowly, not wanting to meet Sungjong's eyes. However, his mind can't leave the image of the other boy. What is this strange feeling dwelling inside him? Why... Why is he afraid of facing it?

Sunggyu walked on out with some more goods, but stopped when he saw Myungsoo sitting in the booth by the window. Sungyeol took notice of it and wondered what was happening now. The younger was about to ask what was wrong, but stopped when Sunggyu walked pass him to place the goods into the shelves.

Does Sunggyu know Myungsoo? Does Myungsoo know Sunggyu?

Sungyeol lets out a deep sigh as he hands over the drinks to Sungjong. Right when he was about to turn around, the latter's voice stopped him.

"Sungyeol-hyung, how have you been doing?" Sungyeol's body froze right there. His fists clenched tightly as he faced Sungjong with a hard glare in his eyes. Sungjong flinched at the look in his eyes and looked down. "I-I'm sorry for asking. It's just... Dad and mom have been wondering how you were doing." Sungjong glanced up but looked back down. At the back, Myungsoo wondered what the the two of them were talking about. This is the first time Myungsoo has ever seen Sungjong like that in front of a person.

Sungyeol stares at Sungjong and ran his fingers through his own hair. "I'm doing fine. You can tell Mr. and Mrs. Lee that I'm doing perfectly fine. Please, don't ever bother me about something like that again." With a stoic expression, he bowed at Sungjong. "I hope you enjoy your drinks and food. Thank you for coming to the Angel's Paradise." At that, Sungyeol goes to attend another customer while Sungjong slowly walked away.

When Sungjong sat down, Myungsoo eyed him then Sungyeol. "Sungjong, who was that you were talking to? Someone you know?"

Sungjong shook his head with a small smile. "Yeah. Someone I know. Someone I was close to." Then he puts on a smile and handed over the muffin to Myungsoo. "Now lets eat! You promised me you will come here to eat with me!"

Myungsoo smiled at Sungjong and nodded his head. "Yes, I did say that. Now, eat because we are busy later. We can't be late or else they will have our heads." Sungjong nodded his head with a genuine smile as he bit into his muffin. The older of the two watched in amusement, however, his eyes drifted upwards to Sungyeol. Something about Sungyeol intrigued Myungsoo, but he couldn't put his tongue on it. Maybe next time...

 

                                                                               


 

Soon, it was time to close. Myungsoo and Sungjong had left a while ago, but Sungyeol couldn't even watch them leave. Sunggyu and Sungyeol cleaned the table and counters before it was time to close up. Before they left, they had the food that was for lunch for dinner. They ate in silence because too many things happened today. Once they were done, Sunggyu closed the shop, and they took a bus home. The both of them across the aisle from each other as they looked out the window.

The sun was setting as the bright orange, red, and yellow hit the glass windows. Warmth enveloped Sungyeol and Sunggyu from the sunlight. Unspoken words floated in between them, however, they knew what each of them wanted to ask the other. However, that would be for another time. For now, it was time to enjoy the quietness of a bus that was only occupied by the two of them.

Sungyeol still couldn't forget about the boy named Myungsoo. His head hurt from thinking about Sungjong and he wondered what Sunggyu talked about with those two people.

Sunggyu couldn't forget about his conversation with Dongwoo and Hoya. He couldn't forget seeing Myungsoo sitting in his café. In the end, he couldn't forget this other person that never appeared.

The two of them continued to stare out the window with some sort of hope that things will begin to reveal themselves sooner or later. They both let out deep sighs at the same time which made them look at each other. Smiles bloomed across their faces and laughter bursted inside the bus. Even without words, they understood each other. They knew what the other was thinking about. Of course. The only things that filled their head were people who visited the café. However, seeing those peole brought out feelings they didn't want to experience again.

 


 

Sunggyu sat across from Dongwoo and Hoya as he fiddled around with his apron. The other two looked at each other, wondering what they should say to an old friend. Sunggyu stared hard at the two of them, knowing that they weren't going to speak first.

"Tell me, what do you guys want to say."

Dongwoo and Hoya eyed each other before the older of the two spoke up first. "We are truly glad to see that you're doing well. It's just..." Dongwoo turned to look at Hoya who continued.

"It's just, we have some news to tell you."

Sunggyu truly wondered what they needed to tell him. In the past, they used to tell each other everything. However, he could sense there was hesitation in their voices. For once, Dongwoo wasn't screaming out everything nor was Hoya being snarky with his words. "Well, what is it that you want to tell me. I have a café to run."

This time, Dongwoo continued the conversation, however, Sunggyu's eyes widened when each word slipped out of the former's mouth. "Sunggyu-hyung... Woohyun... He is... Woohyun is back from the States and he wants to meet you. He wants to see you again, hyung. Please, see him once again."

Sunggyu couldn't believe it.

Woohyun... Woohyun is back.

 


 

A/N: I just wanted ot say that I'm sorry for such a late update. I'm in college now so it's hard to write when I'm literally busy everyday with school and work. I'm so thankful for suscribing to my fics which makes me happy that people still want to read my stories. Please understand that I'm slowly updating my other fics as well. I hope you enjoyed the first chapter of this story! THANK YOU!!!!