The Song of The Wind

The Love Notes...

Forewords


Sometimes, we don’t have to be together to show how deep our love is…


Sometimes, it’s just enough to know that we love each other.

I remembered when you asked me to go out with you; you were lying on the patient bed with an IV pricked on your wrist. I held your hand and squeezed it softly when you finally gathered your courage to say it to me.

“Noona, go out with me!”

You were sick but the smiles that you have on your lips brightened your face as you said those words loudly; it was loud enough to make my heart fluttered. At that moment, I couldn’t help myself from wanting more than just that bright smile you showed me because although I know it’s going to hurt me so much, I still want to be your last love.

I promise, from now on… I, Hwangbo Hyejung, am going to love you with all my heart.

Hyun Joong.


Part I

I love how you love me.

He took a glance at the people on the road, a few couples and old folks were passing by the park where he is now. The winds play a soft song in his ears while the nature dance with the winds, giving his mind the calm he was hoping for when he decided to take a walk that evening. Once in awhile he coughs slowly whilst his hand tries hard to cover his mouth. There is a slight pain flashes through his eyes each time he holds his coughs and his forehead will frown a little.

The soft winds blow his hair again, making his lips to form a simple smile as he leans on the bench. He was waiting for someone patiently, his heart thumping with eagerness every time he glances on the road ahead of him. Every day, at this exact time he will sit there, waiting and smiling alone like a small kid waiting for his parents. He is so used to it that it becomes his habit, to wait and wait.

Suddenly, he hears the sound of the bus coming nearer him and he just couldn’t help himself than feeling excited as he saw the bus stop a few metres away from him. His eyes widened with eagerness and glow with happiness as he leans his head forward and took a peek of the person who was walking out from the bus.

“Chagiya!!” he shouted happily, the person he calls turned her head and looks at him.

“Heh? Hyun Joong-ah~!” she answered him while waving shyly to him.

“Yah, what are you doing here? I thought you were not feeling well...” She asked him as soon as they get near each other. He laughs awkwardly while his hand ruffles his hair slowly as he heard her question.

“What are you talking about? I’m perfectly fine, who said that I’m sick?” He said while giggling.

“Yah~ look at that... you are trying to trick me again aren’t you?” She said, pointing out to him.

“Hahaha... No, seriously I’m okay.” He tries to convince her as he takes the plastic bags on her hand.

“How was today?” He asked as they walk together, his hand holding hers gently.

“Ermm… everything is fine except for the fact that I missed my loyal visitor at the library.” She said, glancing at him with smile stuck on her lips. He laughs a little when he realizes who she is talking about.

They went back to Hyun Joong’s apartment and both of them start unpacking all the groceries stuff that Hwangbo has bought earlier. It’s been a month since Hwangbo has moved into that apartment; it was Hyun Joong who requested it since he knows so well that he doesn’t have that much time left to be with her.

“Let me cook today~!” Hyun Joong spoke, busy taking out the chicken from the plastic bag.

“I’ll help you…” Hwangbo said as she keeps herself busy too.
…………………………………………………………………

“Dinner served!” Hyun Joong announced as he placed the last plate of dishes on the dining table.

“Aww… Fantastic! You’re always the best cooker between us!” Hwangbo said with a satisfied smile pasted on her face, her lover grin to her as he sits down on the chair.

“You should stop complimenting me; I already know that I’m better than you.” Hyun Joong laughed as soon as he finished his words, making Hwangbo her eyebrow and stuck out her tongue to him.

As soon as Hwangbo finished her last sip of the soup, Hyun Joong gets up from his seat and turn on the disc player. A beautiful slow song filled in the silence, it is an evergreen song sung by Bobby Vinton. I love how you love me, a song that has always makes him smiles every time it echoed through his ears.

“Hmmmm… Hmm... Hmmmm~” He hummed the song as he makes his way to Hwangbo.

Swinging his beautiful long fingers, he moves closer to her and takes her right hand gently. He lead her to the empty hall and pulls her body closer to him, close enough for her to hear his heartbeat.

“Do you know what I love the most about you?” He asked, whispering it to her right ear.

“What?” She asked, half whispering too. She is hugging his waist while her head lean on his warm chest. Compared to the song played on the disc player, she thinks that his heartbeats are more beautiful.

It sounded like a love song that only he can sing it.

A song that she wishes would never stop playing.

“I love how you love me…” His soft voice echoed in her ears as she tightened her hugs.

The last thing she would wants to happen is losing him.

“I need to go to the toilet, wait for awhile okay?” She asked him after almost half an hour they dance on the hall.

An edgy feeling crawled inside her brittle heart when he simply nodded lightly to her before he turned around and went straight to the dining table. She left him alone and headed to the toilet but before she close the door, she couldn’t help but to peek at his back.

“What if he’s not okay?” her heart asked her but she ignored it and closed the door.

…………………

[Hyun Joong P.O.V]

“I need to go to the toilet, wait for awhile okay?” she asked me.

I nodded lightly to her, “Erghhh!” My heart yelled in pain.

I turned around and placed both of my hands on the table; I was trying to catch my breath as I fought with the pains. Sweat were dripping slowly from my head, I didn’t notice the pain was this bad until she release her hugs. I thought I could bear the pain by myself but as soon as she let me go, I broke apart. Like a bottle glass full with poison, once it breaks the poison spread like a wildfire. I bent down with my hands pressed against my stomach, the unbearable pain dig it ways deep inside me.

“Hmmmpftt!!” I groaned in pain as my face frowned, unknowingly tears started to run through my cheeks.

I dragged my feet to the drawer; my hands were desperately searching for the tablet. I could feel my heart racing to the end, as if I’m about to die… as if it would stop beating anytime soon.

No! Not now! I don’t want to leave her now!

Once my hand caught the tablet, my vision turned blurry. I try to shake my head, trying my best to get my vision back but darkness took over me. I couldn’t see anything.

Dark.

Everything turned into a pitch black but the pain still crawling inside of me.

Hwangbo, don’t go out now. Please, don’t see me like this.
…………………………