The Love Notes... (Part I)

The Love Notes...

-- Note 01 –

Hwangbo noona,

Because I’m a coward, I can only say this through note... Noona, you are so beautiful, I can’t help but to love you. J

~KHJ

 

I stare at my computer while thinking about those books that are still missing from this library. My fingers tapping on the keyboard anxiously as I’m thinking of the solution for that problem, being a librarian for 3 years and yet, this is the first time I encounter such problem. Well because this is a private school, stealing is the least problem could have come cross my mind. The thing is the blame will fall to me if I can’t find out who stole the books. Aish.. Life is cruel though, why did I have to be punished over someone else false?

“Hello~ can’t you see me waiting here?” I was startled at first when I heard that voice, that deep voice that always gives me surprise. I quickly turned my head and look up at that boy. I smile when I saw him, he was someone regular here. This library has been his playground ever since my first year here. I nodded slowly as a sign of apologizing because I didn’t even notice that he was standing there all this time.

“Oh, I’m sorry. I didn’t see you.” I apologized to him.

“Are you blind or just pretend to be blind?”

 “What??”

What the... did he just called me blind or I misheard it?

 “Hurry up... you already make me wait for you, don’t make me wait anymore. I hate it.” My eyes widened when I heard his words. This boy was actually a quiet boy and if I have a choice I would rather choose to ignore him because whenever he open his mouth, he will make me annoyed with his words and tone.

“Yah, Hyun Joong! How could you treat eonni like that? She have a lot of problem already, can’t you be more patience?” Jungmi, my assistant said to him.

“I don’t care about her problem, isn’t this is her job?” Hyun Joong said.

“Yes, you are right. This is my job, I’m sorry.” I said, apologizing to him once again. I’m not really in the mood to be mad at him right now. I’ll just keep it for the person who stole the books in my library, that person is the one who shall receive my bomb of anger. Lol.

 I saw him looking at Jungmi and cocked his eyebrow when I said sorry. He really have the attitude, isn’t he?

 “Aishh... how could you be so mean Hyun Joong? The missing books in this library are also under her responsibilities, so of course she would be worried.” Jungmi tries to explain my problem to him but then, he turned to me and looks at me with his straight face.

Ahh~ Sometime, I really wonder if this boy has a feeling or not. Just look at his face now, he’s acting like he didn’t care much about others except for himself.

He took the book from my hand and walked to the hidden corner at this library, his ‘all time’ favourite place here, no one else dares to sit at that place since they know he’ll be sitting there every day.  I proceed with my work once I saw him disappeared from my sight.

 

BUKK!!

“Yah! Did you keep your eyes close while walking?!”

Suddenly I heard a loud sound from the library entrance, following by an angry voice of a boy. I sigh and scratch my un-itchy head.

“What is it now?? Can they just leave me in peace for a minute or two? Haishh...!” I get up while whining alone. I take a look at the entrance and saw two boys standing there with a few books scatter around the floor.

“Omo! My books!” I mumbled alone, watching the two boys from far.

 “Hey, do you think I’m a fool? I know that you bumped onto me on purpose!” The boy said, pointing his finger on the second boy. The second boy was just standing there, looking at the angry boy with his stern look. The situation looks rather tense though but his eyes were looking around leisurely.

Then, just when the first boy was about to pick one of his book the second boy purposely kick the book away from him.

“Do you want to die?!” The first boy warned, losing all his patience.

“What is happening here??” I interrupted them as I pick up the book.

“Hyun Joong?” I asked the tall boy who kicked the book just now. I think I saw he rolled his eyes when he heard what I said.

We both change glances a few time before Hyun Joong turned over and walk to the entrance. Before he goes outside, he purposely bump his shoulder with the other boy and stop for awhile.

“Lay your fingers on the books once again and you’ll be dead, arasso?”He whispered slowly to the other boy before he walks out from the library.

“Forgive him, he always act like that.” I said once I saw Hyun Joong left us alone. I was about to pick up the other books when I notice something.

“Yah, you haven’t check out these books yet!” My voice rose as I glare to that boy fiercely. I dropped the books and quickly grab his collar.

“You are the one who stole all the books here right?!” I asked, looking into that boy’s eyes with my big and round eyes.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

  

-- Note 50 –

Noona, I want to be your guardian angel, protecting you secretly without you knowing that it is me who protect you. kekeke <3

~KHJ

 

I saw him lying on the grass at the field, it was a hot sunny day but he got himself a perfect place under the shade of a big tree there. He put a big white book on his face, I bet he was taking his nap during the lunch time. I approach him slowly, sneaking around quietly until I reached a few steps from him.

“Yah, Kim Hyun Joong.” I called out his full name. He pulled the book away from his face and opens his eyes halfway. My heart skips a bit when I saw his face, I was stunned. I never thought that he could look so... so beautiful...

“Aishh... what am I thinking about, he is a guy not a girl that I could call him beautiful.”I thought as I imagine myself knocking my head.

I didn’t realize that I was staring at him until he suddenly cocked his eyebrow to me.

“It’s you again, noona??” He asked lazily, still refuse to get up from the grass.

I’m not sure if it just me or what, but he looks a bit pale and tired. Is he sick? Because this is not the first time I caught him lying here with his pale face.

 “I’m taking a nap here, seeing your face will only give me a nightmare.” He said rudely, his eyes still opened halfway while he put the book beside him.

“What is it?”

“I just want to say thanks for helping me catching the thief, I know you did that on purpose.” I saw him getting up lazily and sit on the grass, for awhile I really thought I saw him dazing off. Is he okay?

“Haisshh!” suddenly, he quickly stands up and makes a ruckus all of sudden. His brown eyes staring deeply into mine.

“What?” I asked, surprised by his sudden anger.

“You wake me up because of that? I don’t know what you’re talking about noona, don’t disturb me when I’m taking my nap anymore.” He said coldly before he turned around and leaves me alone, surprised by his action. My jaw dropped as I tried to rationalize what just happened.

“Yah~ that guy is really is something... I was just saying thank you...” I mumbled alone, pouting my mouth slowly. The winds blow my hair softly as I watch his back leaving me clueless. Nevertheless, despite his coldness he really is an interesting person if you get to know him better. I didn’t find him amusing the first time I met him but currently, I found him different, different from others around him.

Anyway, I was about to leave that place when I realized that he left his book there. It was big white book that is big enough to cover someone’s face and it is quite thick. I pick it up and look at the title.

“Unspeakable Love...” I read out the title. Erk! I never know that he loves this kind of genre but I know that he love books. I’ve always seen him with books and sometime he borrowed it too but most of the book he borrowed will have white cover, the same one as this. It’s a bit weird but I never seem bother to ask him why again. Well, it’s not like he will give me the answer. I still remember our first conversation.

"I always see you in the library, do you love reading books?"

“Obviously...” he said, rolling his eyes.

“I notice that you always pick this kind of book.” I said, showing off his book.

"Because I only read book that has white cover and has more than 140 pages.”

“And why is that?”

“Why? That's my secret..."

Okay, when I think about it again. He’s just plainly weird and odd, he have a lot of friends but he rarely hangout with them. He spent most of his time at the library and here, below this big tree. Sometime, I wonder when did he took his lunch because he spent his recess time at the library but I remember him saying that he didn’t have appetite to eat anything (that was his common answer every time people ask him about food.)  Well, maybe he’s on diet since he looks skinnier than he was when I first meet him 3 years ago.

I look at the book on my hand and open it.

“Oh, this should be return today isn’t it?” I asked myself, checking on the due date of the book. Oh well, I can just return it for him. It’s not a big deal anyway~ I took the book and leave that place.

___________________________________________________________________________

  

-- Note 100 –

Noona, remember this... Expect the unexpected, because I never expect that I would fall for you this deep. J

~KHJ

 

Tok tok...

I quickly look to my left once I heard someone knocking on the counter and then I saw him with his usual book. His straight face looking at me as if he wants to eat me alive, I blinked my eyes a few times. Seriously, I don’t know what’s wrong with this guy. It would be nice to see a smile on that beautiful face. (Great, here I go again~) =.=

“Oh, it’s you! Annyeong~” I greet him cheerfully, hoping that it would brighten up his mood but no... No changes at all. =.=”

He stood there silently, staring at me and his book.

“Hyun Joong, can’t you smile?” I asked, taking the book and scan the barcode.

“No...” He replied with his husky and deep voice. I paused for a second when I heard his answer, it make me giggled softly. There’s nothing funny about his answer but I was amused by his ignorant attitude. I never know that people like this exist.

Why does he have to be so straight forward?

“Oh yes, I’ve already return your book yesterday. You left it at the field.” I told him, smiling again to him.

“Oh...” He paused. I caught him looking at me brightly as soon as he heard me mention about that book from yesterday.

“Do you read it?” He asked with his big eyes looking straight to me.

“Err... no, I didn’t.”

“Ohh...” he silently whispered.

He looks slightly disappointed when I said that I don’t read that book. I was about to ask him if there is something wrong but then suddenly, he holds his stomach tightly. The line between his eyes frowned and his face gradually turns red and sweaty. I was shocked when his fingers cringed on the counter and slowly curled into a small ball. I quickly grab his hand and hold it gently, he grip on mine back before his hands muscle gradually loosen.

He quickly let go of my hand once he realized that he was holding it tightly.

 “Are you okay?” I asked, concerned with his sudden changes, he look really sick though. He paused and nodded slowly to me.

“Sure?” I asked again.

“Yeah...” He answered slowly. My eyes followed his gaze with concern but he blinked a few times, avoiding my eyes.

“Is the book done?” He asked, half breathless.

“Oh, wait…” I quickly finished my work and handed him the book back. He stands still for a second or two before he noticed the book in front of him.

“Ermm... That book, what is it about?” I look at him, still trying to make a conversation with him.

I’m not sure why do I want to talk to him so badly till I tend to endure his annoying face but I have to admit, sometimes, talking to him could be very interesting... weird! =.=

“No idea...” He replied.

“Why don’t you go and read it by yourself? Wouldn’t that will give you the perfect answer for your question?” and there he goes… I should have expect that to come out from him, shouldn’t have ask that question at the first place. Aishh… I cursed under my breath as his voice ringed on my ears again.

He took the book from me but before he took the first step away from the counter, he paused and looks at me.

“Noona... When people act strangely in front of you, doing weird things, asking odd question, talking like they didn’t think twice before they said it... don’t you feel curious to know why they are like that?” My eyes blinked when he asked that, I’m a bit lost now, why so sudden??

 “People said there’s a reason for everything, don’t you want to know their reason?” He asked again, raising one of his eyebrows.

“Annyeong...” He bid goodbye to me and smile lightly as he took his steps out from the library. Wait! Did he just smile to me?  Like a real smile, not a smirk??

My heart thumping with eagerness as I glance at him, I stop and hold my chest.

“Why am I like this?” I asked myself. The image of his smiling face is still pooping inside my mind. That was his first smile to me since 3 years ago and that is enough to make my heart gone nut?

But... it’s weird, why did he said that all of sudden? It’s like totally a different side of him, like I was talking to different person.

 I thought by myself as I look him disappearing from my sight.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Little did I know, that was the last I saw him before he went missing for weeks. I have no idea what had happened to him but he was gone just like that, I never see him around at the library anymore and when I go to his favourite place under the big tree at the field, he was not there too. Only then I realize something, the feeling that grows inside me at that moment.

My heart feels empty when I couldn’t see his straight face looking at me like he always did. My heart feels empty when I couldn’t hear his annoying voice ringing in my ears each time he talks to me. It’s been 3 years since we’ve known each other and throughout those years he was always here, without failed. I have to admit that slowly, I get use with him around me. When he’s gone like this I can’t help but searching for him. My mind... why can’t it be in peace? That face, that voice... why did I miss it now??

I miss that boy, the same boy who always makes me feel annoyed. I miss him.

I pick up one by one of the book at the desk and put it back to their own section but right when I want to put the last book on the shelf, I saw his book. The book that Hyun Joong used to borrow, I took the book and start reading it.

___________________________________________________________________________

 
 

“You are reading it...”

I was reading the book that Hyun Joong used to read when suddenly I heard someone talking to me. My heart skips a beat when I realized who is the owner of that voice. I look up slowly and I saw him standing in front of me with his pale face.

“Hyun Joong...” I said as I get up from my seat. My lips form a little smile when I saw him looking at me deeply, no it’s more to staring actually.

I don’t think much about that though because what is matter to me now is he’s back! Only God knows how I’ve been longing to see that face.

“I thought I should give it a try.” I replied to him, he smile back to me.

My smile widened when I saw a sweet smile covers his face.

“Tell me what you think about it when you finished reading.” He said silently with smile still stick on his lips.

“Sure...” I replied.

“Erm, where did you go? Haven’t seen you for weeks...” I asked him.

“Why? Do you miss me?” my eyes widened when he asked that. Of course I miss him but I’m not that honest to tell him the truth because I don’t even know why I miss him.

 “So, later~ make sure you finish reading it...” he said while walking to his usual place at this library. I smile widely as I’m watching his back, then I took my seat back and continue reading that book.

I was about to turn to page 143 when suddenly a small note fall from that book. I pick up that small piece of paper and start reading it.

 

-- Note 139--

Hwangbo noona,

The shortest word for me is I and the sweetest word for me is Love but the only one for me is You.  Noona, do you know that I really really like you?

-- KimHyunJoong. (I decided to write my full name today, surprised? Keke^^)

 

I froze when I read that note, my heart stop beating for a second. I couldn’t hear anything else other than my own heartbeat, it’s like the whole world has turned mute for a second. I hold my chest, trying to calm myself down but my heart keep on thumping wildly as if it would burst anytime soon.

“Hyun Joong.... Like me...??” I asked myself, trying to make sense of the words I’m reading right now. I’m not hallucinating am I?

But... the way he treat me all this while didn’t show any of the signs that he’s possibly like me, so where does this come from?? And what is the meaning of that numbers? 139? Does it mean that there is more of this note??

I hold the note while my mind starts thinking hardly about him. The first time we met each other was 3 years ago, I accidentally bumped onto him while carrying the books for the library and since then I always see him at the library, sitting at a corner and reading a book and usually he will borrow one book in a week.

"Because I only read book that has white cover and has more than 140 pages.”

That words that he used to say before ringing inside my mind. Those books must have something in it, I just need to find out the list of books that he had borrowed for the past 3 years. It’s an easy thing for me because I still keep his record on my pc since he is one of our active borrowers.

BUUKKKK!!!

I was about to sit down in front of my pc and start searching for the list when suddenly I heard a loud sound coming from the reading corner. I stop for awhile and look around the library, trying to figure out where does that sound comes from. I’m pretty sure it come somewhere from Hyun Joong’s favourite corner.

Something fall?

I thought by myself as I walked straight to that place, I can’t decipher what is actually inside my heart right now but I’m not feeling good at all, I could sense that something bad just happened.

Right after I arrived there I saw someone’s hand lying on the floor, I couldn’t see who is the owner of that hand since the book’s shelves was covering that person but I swear that my heart was thumping faster and faster as I come closer to that person.

“HYUN JOONG!!” I shouted out his name as soon as I saw him lying on the floor with books on top of him. He was unconscious when I reached him, I throw away all those books and put his head on my lap.

“Hyun Joong?? Hyun Joong?! Answer me, please!” I called him, half shouting. I saw blood dripping from his mouth and then I saw his right hand covered with blood too.

What’s happening to you Hyun Joong?! Why did you vomit blood??

My heart screams as I saw his condition, he’s been gone for weeks and now that he has return, why does he have to be like this?? My eyes wandering around him furiously and I saw a pen and a small piece of paper on the floor beside him. I could feel my body weakened when I saw those things... he was writing a note for me? Slowly, I reach for that paper.

 

-- Note 143—

Noona,

There is something that I wish to tell you but... If I’m not able to tell you that I like you by myself then, how am I supposed to have the courage to tell you that? Noona, will I ever have that courage?

-- KimHyunJoong.

 

I hold that note tightly, making it crumbled in my hand.

“JUNGMI! JUNGMI HELP ME! CALL THE AMBULANCE!!” I cried out loud, still holding him tightly.

“Hyun Joong please... please be okay... I want to hear it from your mouth... please...” I whispered to his ears as my tears fall to my cheeks.

No... Is it wrong for me to say this? But I really don’t want to lose him now...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

[Hwangbo P.O.V]

I walk as fast I could as I tried to wipe away my tears but no matter how much I tried to wipe it, the tears keep coming out. My heart feel so heavy that I keep on hitting my chest, hoping that the burden I feel would wash away but it didn’t. I stop walking and quickly barged into the library, my eyes wandering around wildly. I can’t even think straight right now, all that I know is that I need to find something. Something that was so important to him...

I quickly run toward my computer and start browsing through all the book record I have.

No matter what happen, I must and I will find all those love notes.

“What is happening to him doctor?? Why does he vomit bloods?”

My voice echoed in that silence space, the doctor’s face frowned as he looks at me sadly.

“Your friend here... He’s suffering the final stage of cancer...”

The doctor said his words quietly, afraid that I wouldn’t be able to deal with it.

“What??”

“He already knows about his sickness. He brought his medicine with him...”

The doctor passed a bottle of pills to me.

“What is it...?”

I asked, referring to his sickness.

“It’s a stomach cancer, apparently the cancer spread quite fast. He’s fighting the final stage of his cancer now. I’m sorry, there’s nothing much that we can do.”

The doctor explained while patting on my shoulder slowly. I turned and look at the guy who is still lying unconsciously on the bed as tears start to fall from my eyes...

___________________________________________________________________________

  

FLASHBACK

(Hyun Joong P.O.V)

I push aside the books on the shelf to my left so that I can peek at the counter clearly. Once in awhile, I look around me in case someone else are there watching me peeping in between these books but then my eyes capture a figure of a young lady walking to the counter. Her long black hair waves beautifully as she push it to her left shoulder, her red lips form a soft smile while her round brown eyes looking around warmly.

"Ahh~" I smile foolishly as I watch how beautiful she is.

That girl is the librarian who worked for this private school, the place where I'm studying now. The first time we met each other was three years ago when she start working in this library and since that day, I've become a regular visitor of this library.

I open the book on my hand and stop at page 143, and then I took the small piece of paper on the table and put it nicely inside that book. I smile foolishly as I closed it and glance on that girl at the counter.

"Hii Hyun Joong!" Jungmi, the other librarian called out my name once she saw me walking toward the counter. I blinked my eyes twice to her and continue walking to Hwangbo, the girl that I've always looking for.

I put the book on my hand at the counter while my eyes fixed on her. She stops looking at the computer and look at me with her confuse face.

Dugeun!!

Only God know how fast my heart race when her eyes meet mine but I quickly look away and push my book forward. She is still looking at me with her big round eyes like I'm sort of an alien who come out of nowhere and give her a book.

"Yah, I'm not a freak alien that you can look at like that... Hurry up...” I said coldly.

Erm… that is my biggest problem. I can't stand her looking at me like that... well actually I can't even stand any of her stares. It makes me feel so suffocated that it leads me to become so cold and rude to her.

"What? Ah, I'm sorry..." She said apologetically as she grab the book and scan the barcode at the first page of the book.

I look at her beautiful face once again, I must has made her feel uneasy when I said that. Ergh, I don't know what is wrong with me, I can't even have a good conversation with her.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

 “Lay your fingers on the books once again and you’ll be dead, arasso?” I whispered slowly to the boy beside me before I walk out from the library. I know the fact that the books in the library are missing and because of that the smiles on Hwangbo noona’s face was gone, I hate it so much that I’ve begin searching for the person who is responsible for it.

“You are the one who stole all the books here right?!”My lips formed a wide smile when I heard what Hwangbo noona said, satisfied with what I’ve heard, my foots start making it way out from this place.

BUKKK!

I let myself fall to the ground as I feel a great pain crawling inside my pancreas.

“ERGHHH...!”

I groaned as I feel the pain become stronger in each breath, sweat dripping from my head, soaking my school uniform with sweats. My muscles stretch hardly till it could be seen on my face, forcing me to hug my knee tightly as I try to hold the pain from growing stronger.

Once I feel the pain gradually become better, I let go of my knee and let myself free, lying on the grass with my uncontrollable breathing.

I, Kim Hyun Joong... would have never have imagined myself experiencing such pain before. Knowing that I have this disease growing inside me a few weeks before makes me feel terrified of what is waiting for me ahead.

But what makes me feel more terrify is when I start thinking about Hwangbo noona, the woman that I love so much. I could guarantee that she hasn’t read even a single note that I’ve left on each book that I’ve borrowed.

I chuckled weakly, laughing at how coward myself is. I liked her for three years now and yet, not even once I have the courage to tell her what is in my heart for her.

Not even once.

I feel guilty to myself for not being able to tell her that. For once, I wish I could hold her hand, staring at her beautiful eyes and watching her gorgeous smile wrap her pretty lips.

I wish, I could do that...

I took the book beside my head and cover my face with it. I closed my eyes slowly while listening to the sound of the wind blow softly into my ears, what else could be more beautiful than the sound of the winds?

Oh right… it’s her voice…

END OF FLASHBACK

 

[Hwangbo P.O.V]

I walk quietly into the room, afraid that he might wake up if I’m too noisy. I closed the door slowly and turned back to face him, only to find him looking at me with his weak face. I was startled at first, I didn’t notice that he was already awake when I entered this room.

“You... already know about it, aren’t you?” He asked, I’m not sure what is he referring to but I assume he was talking about the notes and his sickness.

“Ya... I know everything now...” I said quietly, taking a few step and stop in front of the small table in front of his bed. I saw his sad eyes following my steps, my lips wants to throw a smile to him but my heart is hesitating.

“No... You haven’t know everything yet...” he said while trying to avoid meeting my eyes. My forehead frowned for a second as I try to figure out what does he mean by that but I look down and smile lightly when I figure that he was talking about the love notes.

“Know what? This...?” I said, taking out a full hand of small notes from my bag and put it on the small table.

He gasped in surprised when I took out the notes, his small eyes widened and his jaw dropped a little. He must have not expect me to have all this in my hand right now.

“How did you...?” He left his words hanging, he looks at the hundred of notes on the table and then he looked back to me with his surprised eyes , demand for an explanation.

“I found one of it, so I start searching for the rest. I thought it might have more than one and I was right.” I explained to him.

He didn’t smile upon hearing that, instead he look down and stares at his empty hands. His face saddened as he watch his fingers curled slowly.

“The one who always arrange the books in the library and make my job easier...”

“The one who secretly put sandwiches on my desk every time I forgot to take my lunch... and the one who secretly watching my back at the library and trying to save me from problem every time he could...” I paused.

“That person is... you... right?” I asked him. His body froze on the bed, I know that he was startled by my question.

“Mianhe...” I heard his deep voice saying sorry...

“I don’t know what I’m so scared off but I just couldn’t tell you about my heart...” He said silently, his sad face make me confuse. To know that now I know he likes me, isn’t he supposed to be happy right now?

“Why do you look so sad? Aren’t you supposed to be happy? I found your notes...” I asked. He looks at me and sighed deeply.

“There’s no use... I’m about to die, noona...” His voice deepen as I see tears formed at the end of his eyes, he was holding it.

“I’m sorry that it took me three years to find your notes.”

“It’s not even your fault... It was me who choose that, not you.” He said silently.

I look straight into his eyes, trying to comfort him with my gentle gaze but he quickly look at other place whenever our eyes meet each other. I sighed, seeing him giving up like this is the last thing I would want.

 “Hyun Joong...”

“You said it yourself that everything happen for a reason, right?” He didn’t respond to my question and just look at me quietly.

“Then, there must be a reason why only now did I found this notes...”

 “What could be the reason?” He paused, taking a deep breath as he tries to hold his tears from falling. He was holding it by himself all this while and thinking about that make me feel sad and guilty, I should’ve found that notes long ago.

“It just proves that I’m just a coward who fell in love with you...” He declared, admitting himself as a coward.

“Not able to tell you about my own feeling... Even now, I couldn’t utter the words that I’ve been longing to say to you.” He looked down, clenching both of his fists.

I walk slowly toward him and hold his right hand gently, squeezing it as I look into his eyes.

“No... You are not just simply a coward...” I corrected him.

“Hyun Joong... If you confess to me three years ago, I don’t know if I can accept you or not because I don’t know you well, you are just too different that you make it hard for me to know you. Sometime, I just thought you are just simply rude and ignorant. You barely even speak nicely to me.” His eyes widened when I confessed my true feeling about him.

“And now? You still don’t like me?” Like a small kid, he asked me. I smile lightly when I heard him asking that without even looking at me.

“Annya... instead, I’d say...” I leaned forward to him and whispered.

“I love you...” He quickly turned and looks at me, his eyes look at me wildly as if he was scanning it through. I couldn’t help but to stare at his eyes back, my heart aches a bit when I saw sadness filling up his eyes.

“Let me be by your side, Hyun Joong... because I owe you something...” his forehead frowning as he looks into my eyes, trying to read my mind.

 “Your loves notes...” I said, throwing my glance at the notes on the small table.

“I will reply it all...” I told him with a smile on my face.

“And before I finish reply each love notes, you are not allowed to leave my side...” I whispered those words to his ears.

 “And Hyun Joong...” I said, looking at him.

“You asked me to tell you what I thought about that book right?” He looks into my eyes as if he was indirectly said yes to me.

 “It was beautifully written... because the note slipped in that book was way more beautiful than the book itself.” I said as I lowered my head and kiss his forehead. His eyes widened at my sudden act but then, slowly... I saw smile formed on his lips.

“Noona...” He called me.

“Go out with me!” He says it loudly, loud enough to make my heart flattered.

I hold his hand tightly and nodded with a wide smile on my face. Even though it won’t be long, I want to treasure these moment with all I have. I know that one day, he will leave me but I couldn’t say no. Even if it’s hurt, I couldn’t help but to love him. Yes, I love this coward.