[FIC SCRAP #1 | Jonghyun-centric | PG-13]

Who’s Afraid of the Big Bad Wolf?

eventual JongYu; 489 words

a/n: so i don’t really know what i’m doing but i guess this is the prequel/continuation of a drabble (that features jongyu) I wrote a few days ago…
not sure if i’ll keep going with this because i don’t actually know how? i think i’d much rather write it in pieces…

let me know what you guys think.

 

 

Jonghyun doesn’t really remember how it happened; or when, for that matter.

He just remembers waking up, cold, alone, and in the middle of the forest as he blinked dazedly up at the canopy of leaves overhead. He was sprawled out on his back, his entire body sore from physical exertion, as if he had pulled every muscle from his head to his toes. He got up slow, wincing as his body screamed for him to stop, to lie back down, but by this point Jonghyun knew something was terribly wrong.

He felt terribly wrong.

Jonghyun stared carefully at his shaking hands, as if they would hold the key to what was happening to him, what had already happened. They did no such thing—hands were just that, hands, and offered no further explanation from the scratches that riddled them—and instead Jonghyun found himself lifting his gaze so he looked straight ahead. His nose caught sent of something warm, the smell of pulsing blood, and his mouth began to water.

Suddenly he wanted to cry because he knew that this urge, the urge to hunt, to attack, to kill… it was not normal.

He was not normal.

Again he was hit with the inexplicable feeling that something was terribly wrong with him. And he wasn’t far off—it appeared before him like a morsel on a platter, just waiting for him to lunge and devour. And devour he did, the deer ripped to shreds and swallowed into his stomach before he could even register what in hell he had done.

Suddenly he wanted to throw up.

He smelled the lake before he saw it—he could tell it was only a few yards away, but how he knew, he could not explain—and quickly he stumbled next to the edge and shoved his face into the water and took long, deep gulps. It washed away the taste of blood, washed it away and made him forget how delicious the metallic taste was on his tongue, made him forget the feeling of raw meat and sinew sliding slick down his throat as he swallowed.

Obviously it didn’t make him forget enough because when the water finally stilled, Jonghyun saw his face. His short hair had suddenly grown longer, as if overnight. His dark brown eyes were now a burning gold, sharp and threatening despite the fear that was ever-present inside them. Even his teeth—no, those were fangs, two rows of sharp teeth,  —and he choked on his own tears because he couldn’t even recognize himself, his features almost wolfish but not completely. His body felt larger, bigger, and more powerful. He could feel the strength in his legs, in his arms, could feel the hunger burning in his gut despite the meal he had just eaten.

Jonghyun was no longer human.

He didn’t even have to wonder what he was anymore; he just knew.

 

 

 

 

a/n*sobs* what am i writing? even the title is lame. TT~TT;;