II

Unfated.

Okay so this is un-edited because.....just because. Credits to @sweetattack for the plot!! ♡♡♡ I'll edit this once I get on to my desktop but I don't think that would be anytime soon. This is a product of boredom and lots of feels. Don't hate okayyyy I'm no writer. Soooooo here it goes......

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Empty. One word to describe him right now. Ever since they broke up, nothing felt right. Why? Isn't this what he wanted? He left her. "Wrong move, Oh Sehun." That was all he can say.

 

 

 

 

It has been three years. Three years since he last saw her. Three years since he last heard her voice. Three years since he last felt complete. Three whole years of emptiness. She moved on. She met her everything. Someone who wouldn't leave her. Someone she could trust. Her fiance. She was better than before. Stronger. Happier.

 

 

 

 

 

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

 

 

 

 

"Sehun-ah, someone sent this to you.", he heard his hyung say.

He stared at it. Tears threatening to fall. He bit his lip hard as he was trying to hold back tears. It didn't work. He was now crying loudly. Not caring if they heard him. He couldn't believe what he was seeing. A wedding invitation. From her. He noticed a note at the back of the invitation.

 

It would mean a lot if you came.

 

 

 

 

 

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

 

 

 

 

 

It was painful for him to watch you walking down the aisle, a different man waiting for you. He was now fighting his tears.

"You should at least take this as a man, Oh Sehun." He muttered under his breath.

And then he met her eyes. It was full of love and happiness. That was all he needed to know for him to be happy for her.

 

 

"I do." He heard her say. He lost it. A tear dropped his cheek.

As painful as it is, he couldn't deny that he is, in fact, happy for her. A happy life. That's what she deserves. Something he wasn't able to give her when he still had the chance.

 

 

 

Regrets filled his mind. He regret letting her go. Everything that happened that night. But it was all too late. He was just happy that she got what she deserved. And that, definitely, isn't him.

 

 

 

He walked closer to her. They were literally just inches apart now.

"Be happy. I love you." He whispered to her ears.

He smiled at her, then turned his back to leave. But he felt a pair of arms circling around his waist.

"Thank you." She whispered back.

Slowly, he let go of her arms. Thinking that he was also finally letting her go. He then left with tears in his eyes and a smile on his lips.

 

 

 

Letting go doesn't mean giving up, but rather accepting that there are things that cannot be.

Letting go is one way of saying I love you.