BOO!

BOO!


“You guys can go on without me; I’ll just stay back and get some shut eye…I’m kinda tired.”

The other members of B.A.P stared at their band mate in concern.

“Are you sure Youngjae?” Himchan asked, “You know you’ll be here all by yourself right?”

The addressed male simply shrugged at this, “It’s okay; Hyung is downstairs so I have company…if it’s anything you guys could bring me back something.”

“That’s if Daehyun hyung doesn’t eat it all,” the maknae giggled earning a playful glare from the said male.

“Fine,” Yongguk finally declared, “We’ll go but if something’s wrong please call hyung or one of us okay?”

Youngjae smiled at the caring leader’s words and nodded before he watched them file out of the dorm, waving goodbye to him as they went down the stairs.

Sighing himself, the apple cheeked boy padded his way to their shared room and plopped down on his bed as he let his eyes droop and fell asleep in seconds.

He stayed like that for about an hour before he was shaken awake by a harsh shiver that ran through his body. He unconsciously pressed himself into his bed for more warmth but with no anvil, he still felt extremely cold.

Finally throwing up the cover the boy looked around the room for the source of the chilliness and to his surprise found that the window was ajar.

Confused and slightly scared Youngjae hopped out of his bed and shut the window tight.

“I’m sure that this was closed before I went to sleep,” he muttered to himself but then dismissed the thought when he realized that he didn’t really pay much attention to his surrounding in the first place; he just went straight to sleep.

However that didn’t stop his mind from thinking that maybe someone else in the dorm…someone uninvited.

Building up some courage, the vocalist decided it would be better to check as to put his mind to ease.

Taking his alarm clock with him Youngjae cautiously peeked out of the bedroom and looked down the short hallway that led to the bathroom and then back up to the other end. Nothing was strange except for the fact that there was a glowing light coming from the living room.

“What the hell?” he whispered as he walked down the passage slowly, panic stirring up in his being as he did so. Maybe there was someone else in their dorm. It could be a robber…or even a murder…

His body stiffened at the last option but still pushed forward until he was peering in the room.

The TV was on, the channel on some English program that he couldn’t quite make out.

“I know I didn’t leave that on,” Youngjae thought to himself as he carefully edged into the room, the alarm clock ready in his tensed hands.

There was nothing out of the ordinary from what he could see; everything was still in its place, nothing was stolen and all was fine. Dropping his defence a bit and heading to the kitchen he found a bowl of left over ramen on the counter and a half emptied bottle of coke.

Furrowing his eyebrows, Youngjae wondered who would have left behind their meal and in such an exposed way at that too. Looking around the table he found a pair of glasses and a wrist watch that looked oddly familiar.

‘Wait…isn’t this Kang hyung’s watch?’ he thought and it was then he recalled that the other man was in the apartment complex too and probably came to check up on him and seemingly get something to eat. Though he found it hard to believe that the elder would leave such a mess, he couldn’t blame him since he’d been busy with scheduling their activities for the entire evening. The poor guy was probably as tired as he was.

With that thought in mind Youngjae found himself relax tremendously and placed the alarm clock on the counter top. Not in the mood to go back to bed as he still felt a bit anxious, the vocalist decided he’s kill some time watching T.V while he wait up for his other members.

Cleaning the counter top, Youngjae plopped down on their couch and was about to switch the channel for something more interesting but stopped the screen flashed something that caught his eyes.

Bright red letters dripping with blood appeared on the screen signalling that a horror flick was about to show. From what he could understand from the English that spurred from the TV announcer it was a marathon of horror movies in honour of Halloween.

“Oh yeah, it’s Halloween over there,” he said to himself remembering the day was celebrated by most westerners.

For a while he debated whether he should watch the upcoming movie due to the fact that he knew he’d barely understand what was being said and also for the fact that he was still feeling a bit paranoid after the night’s events. However he decided to stick it out and watch the movie which turned out to be a ghost based movie; The Others.

Thus far it was a pretty decent film with all the tension and emotional moments the actors had, particular the mother. The only thing he wished was that his English skills were better as the movie was a lot more talk than action.

Becoming engrossed with the story Youngjae found himself sitting forward watching intently as he tried his best to capture what they were saying until a harsh chill went up his spine. Paranoia striking once again, the young man turned around with wide eyes scanning the room for the source of the chillness he felt earlier.

‘Maybe I should call hyung or the others,’ he thought as he fumbled for the dorm phone but let out a shriek when the device started to ring unexpectedly.

Shakily he picked it up and waited for some form of answer but was only greeted by silence. Slamming it back down and feeling extremely alert, Youngjae began punching in their manger’s number since he was the closest but dropped the phone when it began to ring without warning.

Scrambling to his feet, he rushed to the doorway convinced that he would go out of his mind with fear if he stayed there any longer and was about to pull the handle when a heavy hand clasped around his mouth.

“MMMGGGHHHHHHHH!” he screamed and began to kick and struggle in the foreign hands until he heard a not so foreign laugh.

As soon as the hands dropped he whirled around to see a figure dropped to the floor with its hand on its stomach. Flicking the nearby light switch, he was present with a hysterically laughing Daehyun who had his eyes shut as he pointed at him in a jeering manner.

“OH MY GOD YOU SHOULD SEE YOUR FACE RIGHT NOW,” he howled and began a whole new set of giggles.

Youngjae beamed red with anger and immediately launching himself on the shaking figure, fists thumping against whatever surface he could reach.

“YOU JERK! WHY WOULD YOU DO SOMETHING LIKE THAT?!” he screamed as he continued his assault, none which seemed to faze Daehyun.

“Because it had to be done,” the older male replied when his laughter ceased, “You were so into the movie that…I couldn’t pass up the opportunity.”

Youngjae raised his eyebrows at this.

“So were here watching me all this time?”

“Yup.”

“Jack ,” he murmured and proceeded to get up off the still snickering male.

“Yongguk hyung and the other are on their way with your food,” Daehyun stated as he followed the younger to the couch, “I just came back to make sure you were okay.”

“Well you sure have a funny way off showing your concern,” Youngjae said bitterly, still upset that he was being played with all this time. He was no coward but when but in a situation like that he couldn’t help but freak out a bit.

“You wouldn’t have like if I did that to you,” he tried to retort only to have Daehyun laugh at him.

“Doesn’t matter, I won’t have freaked out like you,” he answered back with a Cheshire like grin.

“This coming from the guy who too scared to even sleep in his own bed at night…”

“That’s because yours more comfortable,” Daehyun answered back with a coy smile before getting up and heading to the kitchen leaving the appalled vocalist to stare at him in disbelief.

“You want something to drink while you watch your little thriller until the guys come back?” he asked teasingly from the younger who threw him the bird in response.

Youngjae cursed under his breath and began thinking up on all the possible ways to get his band member back but was brought back to reality when the phone began ringing again, scaring the life out of him.

“Crap,” he muttered after getting over his initial shock and picking up the wireless device from the floor to answer it, figuring it was the rest of his band.

Placing it to his head, he waited to hear Yongguk’s deep voice flood the earpiece but froze when he heard a faint whisper on the other end; one he didn’t recognized and made his eyes grew into saucers as realization dawned onto him.

“Thanks for the meal……by the way you look pretty when you sleep…”

 

The End

 

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!!