Cliff Hanger

Cliff Hanger

 

What would you do to relive a moment that you wanted desperately? Would you replay it over and over in your head? Would you get your spirit to take someone’s life for your sake? In the town of Collingwood, there had been a tale of a woman who jumped off the Cullen cliff for unknown reasons. It has been foretold that if you go up to that cliff, you would be her next victim. Han Minji didn’t listen at all to these warnings.

“Do you actually believe it Youngjae?” Minji asked her boyfriend, as the both of them hiked up to the Cullen cliff.

“Kind of,” Youngjae said uneasily, “but haven’t you seen on the news lately? There had been another woman walking up this cliff and she died!”

Minji rolled her eyes as she walked ahead of him, pulling her warm coat closer to her as the cold breeze blew by. She knew that Youngjae was gullible and superstitious when it came to supernaturals. Minji however, didn’t believe at all. As the couple walked up the cliff, the weather around them began to get oddly colder and colder. The light blue-azure sky slowly began to turn gloomy and grey with dark clouds hovering above. Youngjae had a bad feeling in his stomach that’s for sure.

Out of the blue, a person appeared in the pathway, it’s back turned away from the couple.  Minji furrowed her brow as she observed the person. It was a woman with a white lace dress, her dark brown hair perfectly straighten that lead all the way down to the middle of her back. As Minji and Youngjae looked at her, she didn’t seem to move.

“Hello?” Minji called to the woman. “Excuse me, are you lost?”

The woman didn’t say a word.

Suddenly she started walking up the path. Both of them watched as her walking floated and glided across the ground, her straight posture never losing its position. Minji started moving up the path, following the silent and graceful woman.

“You’re going to follow her?” Youngjae whispered loudly.

“Yes! Now come on!” Minji complained.

Grabbing his hand, Minji pulled a nervous Youngjae along as the both of them trudged up the cliff to the never ending top. Reaching their endpoint, they stopped away from the woman, as she dangerously got near the edge of the cliff. Minji’s eyes turned wide.

 “Please step away from the edge!” she exclaimed.

The woman still stood there. Minji walked forward towards the woman with caution.

“Minji...” Youngjae said nervously.

“It’s okay. I got it.”

Being paranoid, Youngjae followed, trying to be protective over Minji.

Reaching towards the woman, Minji was about to tap her shoulder, until she turned around swiftly, startling Minji. The woman grabbed her arm with an iron grip, bruising her arm with ease as she stared at her with dark black emotionless eyes. Youngjae suddenly grabbed Minji’s other arm, trying to pull her free from the mental woman.

The woman had reached her breaking point. Suddenly Minji was let go, but was pushed. A bloody scream filled the air.

“MINJI, NO!”

Youngjae gripped her middle tightly, pulling her close to him.

The ground was gone. Whistle's of the harsh air zoomed by their ears.

The air was the only thing that they felt left.

Wrapping her arms around Youngjae's shoulders, Minji glanced up at the woman one last time, her emotionless face now filled with a sly smirk, which Minji would remember for a long time.

 

 

End.

 

 

 

 

 

A/N: Like what I said, this was for my english assignment ^