Chapter 4

Kneeling Down and Roses

Final chapter up! Enjoy~


 

Yoona held back her tears as she continued her journey to her group’s dressing room. After her encounter with Kyuhyun, the tears she shed were unstoppable. But unless she wants the whole company to know what she was going through, she will have to keep a straight face. She would not show anyone how broken she was.

Upon arriving in the dressing room, her members were fussing about, but they stopped when Yoona came in. They all looked at her with sullen expressions, and watched her sit down near the corner without acknowledging any of them. Judging from her messed-up makeup, she had been crying hard and once again she was sobbing; quietly, in order for her members to avoid hearing, but nonetheless they heard. They could do nothing about it.

Taeyeon was distraught. She became clueless as to what to do. If she asked Yoona why she was crying, she would deny everything. Yoona had always been the strongest member in their group. Whenever hate gets to them, she would be there, encouraging them all, even if she received the most hate. But right now, she was the one who needed comfort.

Dejectedly, Taeyeon walked away. She couldn’t bear being near her dongsaeng.

Yoona was still crying, not noticing the worried looks her members were giving her. Everything was just painful. She has been enduring all this time, but she finally snapped. It took all her power to be as rational as possible, but how can she be when her heart was breaking into a million pieces? She thought she would break from the pain emanating from the inside; like a poison burning through her body, slowly killing her.

Just when she thought she couldn’t bear the silent cries she was making, her phone rang. Quite loudly, as it alerted her other members. Yoona picked up her phone and saw Eunhyuk- oppa flashed at her screen. Why is he calling now? Yoona said, perplexed. But she still answered the call whilst sniffing back her tears.

“Hello?”

Yoona? Can you come here for a second?

“Oppa, why? Do you need something?”

Please just come? For me. I need your help badly.

“Why me?”

You’ll know. Please?

“Okay.”

Eunhyuk hung up. Yoona breathed in deeply before wiping her tears and standing up to head for the door.

“Yoong? Where are you going?” Taeyeon stopped her.

“Somewhere. Don’t worry about me,” Yoona replied then walked out.

The other members stood still, wondering who called Yoona and where she was going. Someone suggested following her, but Taeyeon shut her up. Maybe we shouldn’t interfere, she thought. But as much as she wanted distance herself from Yoona, she couldn’t leave her alone; more than that she had a very strong feeling that whoever called her had something to do with Kyuhyun.

With a sigh, she led her members to follow Yoona.

 

»«»«

 

Yoona was confused. She was standing at an intersection. She face palmed mentally as she recalled how she did not ask Eunhyuk where he was, or where she should go. She pulled up her phone to text her oppa, but before she could even type a single thing, a red arrow flashed on the wall to her right.

Since when did the hallways contain red flashing arrows?

It pointed to the direction of a long hallway. Yoona was all the more confused. What the heck? she thought. Aside from the fact that the red arrow flashed only when she came there, it was eerily quiet around her. Before deciding on anything, she texted Eunhyuk where she should be headed, but even after minutes, the latter did not answer.

Yoona grew impatient. Was this a prank? She thought of going back, but that will only bring up questions from her members. I need your help badly. Eunhyuk had said that in a very serious tone. Yoona couldn’t bring herself to just walk away if her oppa needs something. So she followed the red arrow cautiously.

When she reached another corner, the hallway split into two: left and right. She can’t decide where to go. Fortunately, another red arrow flashed in the right direction. Reluctantly, she turned, and followed two more red arrows until she reached a dim area filled with chairs, props, and other things. Above her, on an elevated platform, she could see bright light shining through the left side of the wall.

Yoona searched for a light switch. When she flicked it on, she found herself backstage. Literally, the back of the stage where they performed earlier. What is happening?

 

»«»«

 

The members of SNSD must be very good spies. Even though they were only a few feet away from Yoona, she did not notice them at all. When Yoona stopped at a hallway intersection, they hid themselves in a nearby storage room. They were curiously waiting to know where Yoona would be going, but even she seemed confused. The younger members started betting where Yoona would head, and Taeyeon was shutting them up when they heard: Shhhhh!!!!

Startled, Sooyoung smacked the source of the sound. The others restrained her to keep quiet. Who was it?

Out of the shadows, a disgruntled Henry stepped out, holding his reddening cheek, the one Sooyoung smacked. “Henry?!” “Henry-oppa?!” the girls chorused.

“Why did you do that?” he asked Sooyoung accusingly.

Guilty, the girl bowed a full 90 degrees and muttered “Sorry” before stepping back to hide behind Jessica.

“Henry, what are you doing here?” Taeyeon asked.

The boy stretched his jaw before answering, “I’m helping hyung out.”

The girls’ brows knitted. “Hyung? Kyuhyun-oppa?” Tae asked astonished.

“Yes. His plan is already in action, so if you would be so kind not to ruin it.”

“What? We’re not-” Hyoyeon started but Jessica stopped her.

“So this is Kyuhyun-oppa’s plan? Then we’ll help.”

Henry stared at her, eyebrows raised. “There’s nothing you could do for now.”

“But-”

Henry peeked out the door. “See, she’s gone. Gotta go.”

The other members peeked out too. Yoona was gone.

 “If you want to see how this plan’s working out, have a seat at the dome. Bye!” He said, dashing out the door.

The girls were stunned. WHAT?!

 

»«»«

 

Yoona was still standing in the backstage. Her mind was in turmoil. She didn’t know what to do. She looked around the backstage for any sign of anyone, but no one was around. Suddenly, another red arrow flashed on her left; this time pointing to the stage. It seemed like it desperately wanted her to follow, guessing from the rapid blinking it did.

What? Go to the light? Yoona said in her head to the arrow. She must’ve felt like she was going insane talking to an arrow, and since she was ever so curious what all of these was about, she stepped up on the stage and walked out into the “light.”

Once in the open, she was met with a spotlight glaring down on the center of the stage. The stage was empty though. She looked at the enormous dome surrounding her. No other lights were on except this. She made a quick scan of the rows of seats. There was no one in the front rows. She tried looking at the upper seats, looking for a clue to this mystery, but it was very dark and the spotlight didn’t help her vision. She decided to go.

Suddenly, a very familiar tune was played. The whole dome also started lighting up in so many colors. Yoona’s eyebrows knitted. And before any idea of what was happening could pop up in her mind, a very sweet and soothing voice sang.

 

»«»«

 

Taeyeon almost screamed seeing the happenings in front of her. When Henry had asked them to ‘have a seat at the dome’, she was reluctant to go, but they still did. Upon reaching the audience area, she was met with her hoobaes from different groups. That’s when she realized what was happening. So this is his plan, she thought.

But she did not see any of her SJ oppas. “They’re behind this,” Tiffany said firmly to her. There’s no way any of them could ask the managers of the Tokyo Dome a request such as this. She felt really grateful to them though. To go through this much so that their maknae can be happy again; they must love him a lot. She wondered if she can do the same for her members.

The others around her were very excited. They were whispering so loudly if they had seated anywhere nearer the stage, Yoona could’ve heard them when she stepped out. A moment ago, when Yoona scanned the seats for whatever reason, she had to force them to duck their heads or hide behind the chairs and shut up. Making sure that Kyuhyun’s plan and SJ’s efforts were not to be put to waste was crucially important.

And now, seeing the whole stage light up in a different colors and Yoona’s favorite song blaring through the speakers and echoing throughout the dome amazed her. Her oppas really made a point to make everything grand. She felt like a fan, sitting feet away from the stage, watching their idols perform.

She liked it, especially now.

 

»«»«

 

Yoona widened her eyes. Just on the other side of the stage, he emerged, singing away the words to one of her most favorite songs. She wanted to move, do something, but her feet were stuck in their current position, not wanting to move, not wanting to break the magic he had just made.

 

When I see your face
there’s not a thing that I would change
'Cause you're amazing
just the way you are

 

And when you smile
the whole world stops and stares for a while
'Cause girl, you're amazing
just the way you are

 

While he sang, Kyuhyun walked to Yoona slowly and gracefully, making sure she kept her eyes on him. When he reached her, she still stood frozen in her spot, but tears had formed in her eyes and were threatening to fall. She did not take any notice of it, though, as her eyes were glued on him, just the way he wanted it to be.

Kyuhyun brought up his free hand to her face and caressed her cheek. It was warm and smooth. He could tell she was trembling, which she was obviously trying to hide. Yoona pointedly looked away as the tears fell, but Kyuhyun made her look at him again. Despite the slight resistance he could feel from her, he held her hand, led her to the center of the stage and sang to her like there was no tomorrow.

 

»«»«

 

In the middle of the song, the dome changed colors. Kyuhyun stopped singing, though a melody was still playing, let Yoona go and disappeared backstage. Annoyed at the sudden action, Yoona sought after him, but was quickly stopped when a video played on the huge screen behind her. And when she saw the content, fresh new tears spilled from her eyes.

Playing on the big screen were pictures and videos that the two of them took together on their secret dates, road trips and getaways. They were all the happy memories that they shared. Yoona couldn’t help crying at the sight with all the beautiful lights around her; it touched her greatly.

Her crying didn’t stop there, as moments later Kyuhyun appeared holding something behind his back and began singing again. He stepped slowly to where she was; the spotlight glaring at her and his voice echoing throughout the dome. Yoona turned to look at him and before she could say anything, he knelt before her.

While still singing, he slowly brought up whatever he was hiding behind him, revealing to an already wrecked Yoona a bouquet of the reddest roses she ever laid her eyes upon. He held them up to her, waiting for her to take it. She couldn’t think any longer. She took the flowers then knelt down in front of Kyuhyun, and hugged the latter tightly.

Surprised, Kyuhyun stopped singing, and gently placed his arms around his girlfriend. She was sobbing loudly and his clothes had gotten wet, but he didn’t mind. He was beyond elated to hug back his girlfriend and make her feel his warmth.

 

»«»«

 

They stayed like that for a minute or so until the song and whatever medley played ended. When it did, they parted. Kyuhyun was smiling as he caressed Yoona’s face. Her eyes were puffy and she was red all over. He kissed her cheek then brought the mic to his mouth.

“I’m so sorry I couldn’t do this in front of thousands of people.”

Yoona nodded her head. What he did was so overwhelming for her.

“I’m sorry you had to cry again because of me,” he said to the mic so that everyone around would hear. “I’m sorry I didn’t try to comfort you when you were crying earlier.”

“It’s okay oppa,” she said softly. “I got over it.”

“But tears never left your face, and it breaks my heart. Sorry that you had to go through so much pain, but I thought I had to make you feel special, even just for a moment.”

“Oppa, this is probably the best moment when you made me feel the most special in your life. I couldn’t thank you enough.”

“You should say that to the people watching us,” he whispered out of the mic’s range.

“What? We’re not the only ones here?”

“No. Hyungs and our hoobaes are here, too.”

Yoona slapped his arm. How could he afford to make her cry in front of her label mates? It was embarrassing! But in spite of that, she laughed.

“You know you could’ve just sung to me backstage.”

To the mic, “I couldn’t. It wouldn’t be worth begging the producers and managers to do this. I had to.”

“But why this set up?”

“Because I knew you were jealous that I did it to Seohyun. So I decided this is probably the best way for you to calm down.”

“What kind of reason is that?!” she laughed as she said it.

“Hey! I worked hard for this! And besides, I only ‘offered’ Seohyun a single rose. I gave you a bouquet which I had to order in such a short time, and do you know how expensive this dozen is?”

“Oppa-” Yoona started but Kyuhyun was still going.

“The hyungs had to beg so hard to the managers of the dome just so I could get this opportunity. Henry got slapped. Mi-ge had to sacrifice his favorite cap so that the staff and some crew would help us in this act. Everyone was already tired but we-”

“Stop. Oppa, stop. Stop making me feel so guilty that you had to do all this for me!”

Kyuhyun was left dumbfounded. He wasn’t expecting her to raise her voice at him that he only managed to mutter “Eh?”

Yoona sighed. “Sorry. And thank you for everything, but you talk too much.”

Kyuhyun’s face scrunched, but relaxed as Yoona brought her face to him and planted the sweetest kiss on his lips. When they parted, Kyuhyun had the widest smile on his face.

“So you won’t get jealous anymore?”

Yoona shook her head. She vowed to be an understanding girlfriend in the future. After all, her jealousy caused all this trouble and made it difficult for her oppas and her boyfriend. She wasn’t going to be envious of any girl partnered with him. She was his only one.

“Really?” She nodded. Why was he still pushing it?

“Even if I get paired up again? I’m playing a new role in a musical again you know. Seohyun is part of it, by the way. We’re both lead roles too. What if we do the show together?”

“What?! Why?!”

“What ‘Why?!’? You have a new drama, I have a new musical!”

“But Bum Soo-sunbae is very unlikely to be shipped with me!”

Kyuhyun smirked. He got her again.

“Are you messing with me?” she suspiciously asked.

“Yes.”

Yoona smacked him.

“I’m only kidding. Don’t get angry. It embarrasses me to do this, you know.”

Yoona laughed heartedly. Her boyfriend was right. “I’m not and I won’t ever get jealous again. Thank you so so much!” she exclaimed as she scooted near Kyu and pinched his cheeks.

“Ow! Yoong!”

She chuckled before whispering in his ear, “I love you so much.”

Kyuhyun muttered a breathless ‘I love you, too’ before enveloping Yoona in his hug.

He was so happy that the issue was over now. She doesn’t need to feel unworthy and jealous again. She was his world; the girl he fell in love with. It doesn’t matter how many people dislike her or underappreciate her. He’d make sure to he’d make her feel loved and appreciated all the time. He does not care about her flaws. It’s what makes her Im Yoona. The Im Yoona he dearly loves. The only girl who could make his heart beat faster than when he is afraid. The only one he’ll fall for over and over again.

She was his only princess.

 

»«»«

 

As their label mates watched everything from above, they felt a surge of extreme happiness and love spread through them. Watching Kyu and Yoona fight was something they witnessed every day. Watching them mend their relationship and confess their love to each other was rare. Even though they couldn’t hear what they were saying, they still laughed and smiled at the cute scene in front of them. Who knew Kyuhyun had the romantic streak within him? So they treasured the moment when their friends were happy.

As for Taeyeon, her respect and awe at Kyuhyun shot up like a rocket. She was happy that Yoona fell for him; he was as perfect for her as she is for him. She knows that Kyuhyun can always make her happy and feel loved. And even though he’s clueless when it comes to comforting her dongsaeng, he does not lack whenever he makes her feel special. She’d seen the couple of times he has done that. She couldn’t think of anyone better for Yoona than SJ’s ‘evil maknae.’

Kyuhyun isn’t anywhere near evil. In fact, he’s an angel in disguise. A hopeless angel when it comes to his princess.

 

»«»«

 

After all the ruckus and trouble Yoona’s tantrums made, the members of Super Junior couldn’t be any happier. Oh how they screamed when Kyuhyun and Yoona finally kissed! But as much as they wanted to just leave the place because of the exhaustion, they couldn’t.

After all, they decided to help Kyuhyun on his plan, and obviously someone has to clean up. With annoyed faces, the boys of Super Junior started their clean-up work. But these faces soon disappeared when Sungmin received a text:

You. Are. The. Best. Brothers. Ever.

Thank you for everything, hyungs, Henry. I couldn’t ask for any other brothers to help me tonight. Thank you for the never-ending support.

Yoona says hi.

Oh by the way, we’ll treat you guys to dinner so hurry up!!

But make sure to clean the area properly!! Or else we need to pay!

Though I doubt that would be a problem, since all of you could afford it.

Kkk~~ Love you guys.

- Kyuhyun

 

“Sneaky maknae leaving all this work to us. He planned this!” Kangin exclaimed after Sungmin read the message out loud.

“But think of it, he actually thanked us,” Shindong said.

“And would treat us to dinner!” Henry yelled.

“Aww that sweet maknae. Who knew?” Heechul added.

“Did he just say all of that?” Ryeowook said.

They were all perplexed. Kyuhyun rarely say these kinds of stuff, so it came as a surprise for them when he texted that sickeningly cheesy text (just kidding. Kyu can be so sweet you know). They smiled at the thought.

“He’s super in love, guys. What do you expect?” Eunhyuk said, ending the discussion to finish their work.

They’d have to eat a lot later.

 

 

 


I'm finally finished with this fic.... But first I'm sorry it took soooo long to update this, and took more than a month to finish this fic. I hope you understand. I was very busy in school. Also if this chapter isn't what you expected it to be. It's rushed because this was the only time I could write it. Sorry TT.TT But most of all THANK YOU for reading, subscribing, and commenting. It meant a lot to me that there are people who appreciate my work. You motivate me alot to keep writing. Thank you thank you sooo muchieee!!! Anyway, Happy Holidays to all!!! Thank you!!! ♥

- justchillin