Chapter 1

Kneeling Down and Roses

wow! 17 subscribers from just reading the foreword! I'm so touched~ thank you~ I'm a new author so I'm so thankful. Anyway here goes the first chapter. ummm should i say enjoy  *puts big smiley here*


 

No. It’s nothing. Definitely.

 

She knew skin ship and a little romantic act would come into play. For heaven’s sake the two were singing a love duet! But she did not clearly expect this kind of act, nor did she think that it would affect her in more ways than one. Although her face was masked with indifference, deep inside, emotions were boiling. One she had tried to bury deep inside. Now it’s out, once again. Pushing it aside was difficult, especially when the act was shown to thousands filling the stadium, and to millions around the world. How intense her feelings were at the moment, and how she wished she could erase the image.

 

»«»«

 

Upon first hearing about the so-called duet, she did not know how to react. Her boyfriend had put on a convincing facade when he got the news, leaving her unknowing until he told her.

 

“Oppa! I heard you that you’ll be having two duets during the Tokyo show. Who with?” she asked him excitedly.

 

The man smiled. “I’m doing one with Changmin,” he had said, “and it’s a new song.”

 

Yoona’s eyes sparkled when she heard that. Although her boyfriend and his lanky best friend always had a duet, it would be nice if they performed another song for a change. But when she asked who he would do the other duet with, he looked away and breathed deeply, as if what he would be telling her might break her soul, and she did not fail to notice that.

 

“Oppa, is something wrong?”

 

Kyuhyun found the concern in her voice, and sighed. It was not his fault they were being paired up again. And just like how his girlfriend and her Love Rain co-actor would be sticking close during a shoot, everything was just for show.

 

“Nothing, Yoong.”

 

“Sure?”

 

“Yes, and you were asking who I would do the second duet, right?”

 

Yoona sensed tension, but nonetheless she had to know. Anyone in their company can be paired up with her boyfriend.

 

“Who, oppa?”

 

Kyuhyun sighed. He was still contemplating if he should tell her, because in the past, every time they had a duet, she would be sulking and complaining. Finally, after a swift battle in his mind, he spoke.

 

“Seohyun.”

 

»«»«

 

“Seohyun.”

 

At the sound of her group mate’s name being said, her eyes had widened. And as she made up excuses to leave first and her boyfriend had tried to talk her out of it, she could not help but feel-once again-jealous.

 

Since that day, a sting had been placed in her heart. Yoona tried to dismiss it, but it lingered. How could it not? When it had always been there each time Kyuhyun and Seohyun were paired up. And then again, the same old questions flooded her. Her insecurities once more scared her.

 

Why does he have to be paired up with other girls all the time? She’s the girlfriend! And besides, she also has talents, even though she knew she could never reach Seo’s level when it comes to singing. She’s always hoped that they would at least pair her up with her boyfriend for a dance performance. Kyuhyun can really dance well now, and she’s one of her group’s lead dancers. And although the company only sees Kyu and Seo as a promotion pair, it was different for Yoona. Did they only consider her the face of the group? Was that all that she was? Didn’t she have talents that can match up her boyfriend’s? Was it really a tough choice to pair her up with her boyfriend?

 

»«»«

 

So throughout the practices she so carefully observed, Yoona ignored the flame of jealousy she experienced at every sight of them together. She made herself believe that getting jealous was totally absurd. It would ruin her chance for a good show that night. She prepared herself to watch their performance.

 

None if this was either their fault. Just a duet.

 

On and on she convinced herself, yet once in a while she would say to herself, I wish I was Seohyun, who’s singing up on stage with him; holding hands and singing to each other, almost as if they were really lovers. But would quickly put on a cheerful, supportive face when she saw the looks her members gave her.

 

 Her pretense worked effectively. She was even applauding and singing along backstage to the song Kyuhyun and Seo were singing. No jealous stares and hardened expressions at her group mate and sister. Not until the little act Kyuhyun put up. And it hurt. Badly.

 

 


first chapter finished~ yay!!! >< okay don't tell me. i know it's lame. there aren't much kyuna moments here because well i didn't feel like putting a lot yet. and it's short... sorry :) oh and if you've noticed this story is once again more of Yoona's side because I love writing from her perspective. maybe it's because I'm a girl?

 

Anyway please comment! Even if you give me harsh ones, I'll accept. Thanks for checking out my story!

 

♥♥♥♥♥

#PrayForThePhilippines

Thank you~ God bless you all!

♥♥♥♥♥