Chapter 2

Kneeling Down and Roses

It took a bit long to update but here goes chapter 2~ enjoy!


 

Taeyeon knew something was wrong the moment she laid eyes on Yoona during the SeoKyu duet. Even though she did not clearly understand what was happening inside her dongsaeng's head, she felt tension. It was as if Yoona was hiding a million things she wanted to say, or as if she wanted to do something rash but thought it would do no good to any of them. Taeyeon, having watched Yoona over the years, knew that that reckless action might destroy, if not their image, the relationship of their group.

 

»«»«

 

Moments ago, they were just singing together. In a flash, everything changed. Yoona clutched her chest, the feelings of jealousy washed over her. Her face grew ashen as she watched Kyuhyun kneel down in front of Seohyun, offering her a rose and singing so sweetly to her.

 

What just happened? Why did he-

 

Even she could not comprehend. This was not part of the routine. She knew every twist and turn of this duet that people thought it was she who was doing it. It was the least likely thing they could have done. Although none of it-she was entirely sure-they had intended to do, it still brought about an unexplainable anger. One she could not resist.

 

Yoona out for a few moments. She decided not to finish watching. It was too overwhelming. Not because of them together. Not because the company forced them. But because Kyuhyun did it in front of millions of fans, and because she was not the girl up there. She knew it would never result to her being up there with him, yet it hurt her because there was not a thing she could do.

 

Why can't Seo be me, just for once?

 

She blamed herself for not doing enough. For not being able to improve herself. If she did then maybe, just maybe, she would have had sung with Kyuhyun. She would have been the girl he was constantly "serenading." She would have been paired with him for a lot of things. They would have been SM's "unofficial couple."

 

And that hurt her the most.

 

»«»«

 

Omo! he didn't just do that! was Taeyeon's first reaction. Everyone wasn't expecting it. It was all too sudden. She then looked over at Yoona who was clutching her chest, and it hit her.

 

She's jealous and upset. Is she blaming herself again?

 

She tried to approach Yoona. She knew this would hurt the younger again. Taeyeon and Leeteuk were the first to learn about their relationship. They supported them, and they would be there to comfort any of the two if ever something bothered them about their relationship.

 

But Taeyeon couldn't manage to take a step closer. She saw the sadness she had seen a couple of times return to her dongsaeng's doe eyes. Along with it was pain. She couldn't get close everytime Yoona was sulking because of her boyfriend being paired up with others. She also couldn't blame Seohyun. No one could. Seo even refused at first.

 

Yet Yoona was a different story. She was overly sensitive about these things. She would not open up to others, but to Taeyeon who had always been her crying shoulder, it was clear that Yoona was distressed right now. So with a longing look, Taeyeon watched Yoona go. The dressing room or wherever, she will have to deal with her later. Yoona would need time to recollect her thoughts.

 

And she, as the leader and eldest, would have to make sure nothing is left unresolved. Especially when Kyuhyun's number one advisor wasn't here. She would have to do, along with her other oppas. She would be one of the few who would help help Kyuhyun explain and would help Yoona understand and get over the issue.

 

Because Kyuhyun and Yoona's love quarrels were anything but sweet.

 

»«»«

 

Kyuhyun let out a big sigh once his performance with Seohyun was over. It was exhausting having to plaese the fans with his and Seo's little stage act. But the smile that was fixed on his face the whole time had turned into a frown. Did she see my performance? Where is Yoona?

 

"Oppa, good job back there!" Seohyun said behind him.

 

He turned back. Cho Kyuhyun! How rude of you to ignore her when you've just finished performing with her.

 

"Ah yes. You did well, too," he said smiling.

 

She grinned then pursed her lips. "Although the kneeling-down-and-offer-a-rose was pretty intense."

 

"Yes it was. Japan really likes us, huh?"

 

"Yes, but oppa."

 

He saw her eyebrows creased. Seohyun looked worried.

 

"Why?"

 

"I think you would know." She sighed heavily before continuing, "Yoona-unnie."

 

Kyuhyun grew silent. Seohyun was right. He was sure Yoona saw their performance, and that she would be brooding over it.

 

Aish! They always put me in a difficult situation.

 

"Will you see her? Taeyeon-unnie said she's not coming out of the dressing room til our group performs," Seo said.

 

"She's upset. Maybe later, after the show."

 

Seohyun's face scrunched.

 

"Don't be guilty. It's not your fault nor mine. None of it was," he told her assuringly.

 

"But unnie's disquieted because of our duet, oppa."

 

"Then I'll have to make it up to her."

 

"How?" Seo asked, rather curiously.

 

"You'll see."

 

Seohyun pouted. What plan did he come up with now?

 

Kyuhyun took a last look at Seo before returning to Super Junior's dressing room, already contemplating on how to appease his envious girlfriend.

 

Im Yoona. You'll always remember this.

 

 

 


kyaa chapter 2 finished!!! before anything else, thank you to my new subscribers! you guys motivate me a lot! thank you, thank you for believing in me~ *bows a full 90 degrees* so how was this chapter? it's still more of Yoona-centric but I thought it would be good to add other people's thoughts so here's Taeyeon's and Kyu's. was it too much? sorry sorry~ kkk anyway please look forward to the next chapter~ i'm counting on all of you! Please comment and subscribe! Thank you so much~

- justchillin